Sponsored by:

Reference Guide to PTS

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 10:31 PM
SanDiegoDavid
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Paint code versus order code on build sheet

Here's a question regarding PTS ordering: Does the paint code ever show up on the build sheet? The paint code and the order code are two different things. Voodoo Blue paint code is Z12 but my build sheet it appears as: 24931 - Exterior Paint to Sample. I don't see Z12 anywhere. Can anyone else with a PTS Voodoo blue order at V170 confirm they have the same order code, 24931?
I'm just a little paranoid.
Old 08-24-2015, 10:33 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

The actual PTS paint code never ever shows up on the build sheet. Your salesperson should be able to look that up, and get you a printout that shows it (in a comment on the same line of the PTS option, I believe).
Old 08-24-2015, 10:45 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Haha, I'm still very open to options. And I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing many great colours on display at Rennsport!
Old 08-24-2015, 11:09 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SanDiegoDavid
Here's a question regarding PTS ordering: Does the paint code ever show up on the build sheet? The paint code and the order code are two different things. Voodoo Blue paint code is Z12 but my build sheet it appears as: 24931 - Exterior Paint to Sample. I don't see Z12 anywhere. Can anyone else with a PTS Voodoo blue order at V170 confirm they have the same order code, 24931?
I'm just a little paranoid.

As Greenlantern says you'll get something like this if you ask your dealer for it. I received this from Porsche Exclusive to confirm and check that everything was in order.

In fine print you'll see "Hells yeah, you got Voodoo Blau!" or something along those lines.

I'm going for a FJ Cruiser homage license plate.
Attached Images   

Last edited by consolidated; 08-25-2015 at 12:35 AM.
Old 08-25-2015, 12:12 AM
SanDiegoDavid
Rennlist Member

Consolidated,

Thanks for posting your build sheet. Here is mine. I do have the same part number after Paint to Sample, 2493. As you can see, it does not have the name of the color or the paint code Z12 like yours does. The Voodoo Blue GTS with the blue wheels at Porsche San Diego has the same part/order number, 24931. I'll check with my sales manager just to be sure.

Attached Images
File Type: pdf
RS Build Sheet Page 1 PDF.pdf (229.4 KB, 241 views)
File Type: pdf
RS Build Sheet Page 2 PDF.pdf (86.1 KB, 201 views)
Old 08-25-2015, 12:42 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by SanDiegoDavid
Here's a question regarding PTS ordering: Does the paint code ever show up on the build sheet? The paint code and the order code are two different things. Voodoo Blue paint code is Z12 but my build sheet it appears as: 24931 - Exterior Paint to Sample. I don't see Z12 anywhere.
Originally Posted by consolidated
As Greenlantern says you'll get something like this if you ask your dealer for it. I received this from Porsche Exclusive to confirm my order, just to confirm and check that everything was in order.
In fine print you'll see "Hells yeah, you got Voodoo Blau!" or something along those lines.
Your dealer should be able to generate another documentation sheet - something like this one from Porsche of Beachwood in Ohio - which will officially confirm the exact color code of your order:

But the official 'build sheet' from PCNA does not.

If you check back on the thread re: the late '15 PTS gt3s, you will see that in each of our 'build sheet' the same 24931 code applied to all of our three colors - 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' and 'Fashion Grey' - which included two uni/solid and one metallic:

Chapter 4 - We have established information that each of the three PTS colors - 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' and 'Fashion Grey/Modegrau' - has it's own particular spec. We initially thought they were all the same, but found out differently. However, they all have a set of standard equipment or options which betray a 'signature' by whomever decided to establish these odd specifications. Remember, neither the dealers nor 'Porsche Exclusive' in North America were consulted on these specs! And the paperwork that came with them to the dealers that were awarded these PTS gt3s believed that the specs were locked in place by order of PAG. In fact, there were only one or two savvy General Managers at some of these dealers that managed to modify the specs...but always in very minor ways. For example, two of the "Signal Green' gt3s started out with standard brakes, but were able to be changed to PCCB. We know of ONLY one of these gt3s - the one given to Anonymous918 via the VIP program - which was heavily modified from its original 'base' specs. He was able to add LWB and PCCBs, among other options. But he was the exception and not the rule!

All of the pts gt3s in these batch of reward allocations were originally specced with the following 'Core Base' Standards & Options:

Core Base Standard & Options
4-way Sport Plus Seats,
Extended Range Fuel Tank (082)
Seat Heating (342)
Front Axle Lift (474)
Sound Package Plus (490)
LED Headlights (602 or XEY)
Sport Chrono (643)
Sirius/XM/HD Radio (690)
Floor Mats (810)
Auto Dimming Mirrors/Rain Sensor (P13)
PCM w. Navigation (P23)
Ornamental Porsche Crest (ZAB)

Signal Green
The most spartan spec is the Signal Green gt3s.
Besides 'Core Base' above, it comes with:

Wheels Painted in Black (XDG)
Center Console Trim in Leather (XHB)
Sport Seats Plus Backrest Shells in Leather (XWK)
Door-Sill Guards in SS- Illuminated (XXB)
Leather Interior Package with Standard Interior (EES)

MSRP for the 'Signal Green' Spec gt3 is $151,910.
Destination & guzzler tax 1,995.
Total $153,905.

This has the lowest MSRP of the three colors...and also the least content!

Arena Red Metallic

Black/Alcantara Leather Interior, Guards Red stitching (068)
Smoking Package (583)
Light Design Package (630)
Leather Interior Package wit Decorative Red Stitching (749)

MSRP for the 'Arena Red Metallic' Spec is $153,030.
Destination & guzzler tax 1,995.
Total $155,025

This is the second least expensive spec of the PTS gt3s. But at least it comes with full leather!

Fashion Grey/Modegrau

Leather/Alcantara Interior, Platinum Stitching (078)
Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell (581)
Brushed Aluminum Interior Package - Anthracite (P1B)
Wheels Painted in Black (XDG)
LED in Black (XEY)
Seat Belts in Silver Grey (XSH)
Sports Plus Backseats Shells in Leather (XWK)
Doors Sills in SS, Illuminated (XXB)

MSRP for the 'Fashion Grey/Modegrau' gt3 is $155,765.
Destination and guzzler tax 1,995.
Total $157,760

This is the most expensive of the specs and the one with the most options.

Post #44

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...ey-gt3s-3.html

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 08-25-2015, 03:20 AM
SanDiegoDavid
Rennlist Member

Eduardo,

You are the man. Thanks! I will double check with my sales manager.

D
Old 08-26-2015, 01:02 AM
Polesitter
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a an October build slot and have had the car sitting in the system in white. Yesterday, I went down to the dealer and tried to spec a a true PTS color and the system rejected it. We waited and tried a different PTS color. Rejected again.

Then I tried one of the new colors which they refer to as PTS (Miami Blue, Yellow or black), but aren't really PTS. In other words one of the 3 colors you have the privilege of paying $5,500 for, but not get exactly what you want. I spec'd Miami and the system took it and pushed my build date back 30 days to November.

So, in my experience I was able to specify one of the new colors classified as PTS, but not really PTS (unless you think 3 choices is PTS) despite not having an original PTS slot. Confused yet ?

It looks like I can do Miami and I hope to see the color live before pulling the trigger. While yellow is a bit much for me, I think the car would looks great in it as well. Nobody seems to have any interest in that color on this thread and I hope somebody steps up. Otherwise, one can never go wrong with white on an RS IMO.

As an aside, there was a Lava RS at the dealer in delivery and the color was a bit more reddish than I expected. Maybe even with a touch of rust to it. I was expecting something closer to the 997.1 RS pumpkins, but Lava is distinctly different. Less bright and a bit more subdued as far as Orange goes.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:10 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Polesitter
So, in my experience I was able to specify one of the new colors classified as PTS, but not really PTS (unless you think 3 choices is PTS) despite not having an original PTS slot.
If confirmed going forward, that is the best news we have heard about 'PTS' since PAG closed the PTS window in July! I sincerely hope this is not an 'error' that will be corrected in the near future by the PCNA computer ordering system & PAG indeed allows anyone to order 'Miami Blue', 'Racing Yellow' or 'Black' on their 991 gt3 RS!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 08-26-2015, 01:25 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

^That would be a huge reversal. Since few customers with approved pts builds would likely give up their hard-won approvals for scarce and very special pts colours, this might actually result in some Miami (and yellow) cars being built! Let's hope this is for real.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:52 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Would love to see a RY RS
Old 08-26-2015, 10:36 AM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Received 374 Likes on 211 Posts

Hopefully true to have a chance to get miami blue
Old 08-26-2015, 03:10 PM
Steven_H
Pro

Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts

My car is scheduled for early December production, but the Tracking Sheet has 6 weeks for Custom Tailoring which seems excessive. Car is Maritime Blue with very few Exclusive Options on the interior. Hopefully, it'll be completed earlier than they have currently listed. On the other hand, I am not likely to drive it in the Northeast in February. Thinking of trying to get it delivered to Florida instead of Connecticut.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:39 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

+1 join us at Sebring :-)
I have AC secure storage available near Palm Beach if needed.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:33 PM
Tre
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Polesitter
I have a an October build slot and have had the car sitting in the system in white. Yesterday, I went down to the dealer and tried to spec a a true PTS color and the system rejected it. We waited and tried a different PTS color. Rejected again.

Then I tried one of the new colors which they refer to as PTS (Miami Blue, Yellow or black), but aren't really PTS. In other words one of the 3 colors you have the privilege of paying $5,500 for, but not get exactly what you want. I spec'd Miami and the system took it and pushed my build date back 30 days to November.

So, in my experience I was able to specify one of the new colors classified as PTS, but not really PTS (unless you think 3 choices is PTS) despite not having an original PTS slot. Confused yet ?

It looks like I can do Miami and I hope to see the color live before pulling the trigger. While yellow is a bit much for me, I think the car would looks great in it as well. Nobody seems to have any interest in that color on this thread and I hope somebody steps up. Otherwise, one can never go wrong with white on an RS IMO.
Please keep us updated on your attempt for Miami Blue. My dealer was able to change my color to Miami Blue (Nov build date) a couple weeks ago. Aug 10th to be exact. It actually successfully stayed in the system for 3 days before PAG told my dealer that I wasn't eligible for Miami Blue because I didn't already have an approved PTS build. So now I'm at UV

Quick Reply: Reference Guide to PTS