Sponsored by:

Reference Guide to PTS

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 09:14 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
I am glad you decided to stay with 'Gelbgrün'. It's going to be an incredible color on a gt3 RS!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Arcipelago di La Maddalena, Sardinia
absolute!

i have to post this one again:

Perhaps...or it could be 'Gelbgrün', color code 137!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

(but which nearly looks like 253 lichtgrün on those curves)

253 vs 137 also a pic in 1198r´s RS start thread:
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...woop-woop.html
Old 08-02-2015, 03:23 PM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by jo_ker
absolute!

i have to post this one again:

(but which nearly looks like 253 lichtgrün on those curves)

253 vs 137 also a pic in 1198r´s RS start thread:
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...woop-woop.html

I agree that the highlights and shadows make it look more like #253 lichtgrun:

Old 08-02-2015, 04:07 PM
dertub
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by W8MM
I agree that the highlights and shadows make it look more like #253 lichtgrun:

Yes!! Those headlights look like Licked Grun to me!!!
Old 08-04-2015, 11:48 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Confirmed PTS 'Gelbgrün' 991 GTS...stunning color!

We have a confirmed sighting of a PTS 'Gelbgrün' 991 GTS in Germany. The color is absolutely stunning...in my opinion.

For more photos & info, see link below re: a post #866 by '694':

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7085...nd-you-58.html

Saludos,
Eduardo
About to enter Porto-Vecchio, Corsica
Old 08-04-2015, 07:21 PM
MMbtu
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Materials Ordered?

My Mexico Blue PTS RS is still at 170, but now says "materials ordered". Salesman said it means that the paint was ordered, but still no build date scheduled. Does anyone know what kind of lead time this would imply based on normal operating procedures at Porsche? My original build date was early October, but I have been assuming the PTS would push it back.
Old 08-05-2015, 12:01 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

We have a confirmed sighting of a PTS 'Gelbgrün' 991 GTS in Germany. The color is absolutely stunning...in my opinion.
Cool! It looks really vibrant in the photos. FWIW, the colour in the photos on my monitor looks a little different to my eye compared to that on an original 1974 Colour Chart. The sample has a little more yellow in it than the photos show, not that a small square sample on paper is the same as paint on metal. (Note: I've adjusted the photo to look as close to what my eye sees on paper.)

Interestingly, 6 of the standard 1974 colours made it to the IROC RSR cars (light yellow, mexico blue, sahara beige, lime green (gelbgrun), orange, grand prix white). What a great year to buy a standard colour car!! Although, on my colour chart they list gelbgrun as "lime green" and not "yellow green" or "pistachio" as on Eduardo's earlier list of IROC colours. Not sure whether that's significant. Maybe there are more than one Gelbgruns--yellow green/pistachio and lime green???

Old 08-05-2015, 12:28 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Oh, and here is the photo of the IROC cars with my annotations on what I think the colour is. The colour in this photo is obviously very distorted.

Old 08-05-2015, 01:51 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default 'Gelbgrün' revisited...

Originally Posted by MMbtu
My Mexico Blue PTS RS is still at 170, but now says "materials ordered". Salesman said it means that the paint was ordered, but still no build date scheduled. Does anyone know what kind of lead time this would imply based on normal operating procedures at Porsche? My original build date was early October, but I have been assuming the PTS would push it back.
Having your PTS paint ordered is a very important step. It was specifically mentioned in the email from Melissa Witek (Porsche Exclusive) to me which was posted before. My question in 'black', Melissa's response in 'red'.

8) When will US customers with MY2016 gt3 RS allocations that have requested 'PTS' (and have filed
their wishes with 'Porsche Exclusive' via their dealers as was requested by PCNA earlier) be notified
whether or not their PTS requests will be honored/approved/allowed?

The dealer can see if the paint has been ordered, and should alert their customers accordingly.

The lead time is usually 3 months from when your order is 'locked' by PAG and when your car is actually build. But I don't know exactly when the clock started ticking for your particular custom order.

''Gelbgrün'

Daniel's: "Although, on my colour chart they list gelbgrun as "lime green" and not "yellow green" or "pistachio" as on Eduardo's earlier list of IROC colors. Not sure whether that's significant. Maybe there are more than one Gelbgruns--yellow green/pistachio and lime green???"

Don't worry about what I called it on my list since I was trying to relate it to what Porsche calls the color today via PTS. 'Yellow Green' (Green Yellow) or 'Gelbgrün' are the names which most Rennlist readers know color code 137 since that is what PAG currently calls it. I mentioned 'Pistachio' because that is how some journalist talked of the color at the time of the IROC races back in it's day.

In MY1974, Porsche sales brochures called 'Gelbgrün' by other names such as 'pea green/verde pisello', 'lime green' & 'green yellow/vert jaune'. But the color code was EXACTLY the same - 137.

No, there were NOT different color codes, or formulations, of 'Gelbgrün' like there is of 'Signal Green' (22S, 217, W25) in Porsche history. There is only one color formula - 137 - associated with 'Gelbgrün' that I am aware of!

Daniel's IROC car photos with annotations

Daniel: I don't believe all of your annotations are correct. I will go into this subject again when I have more time.

But best to refresh everyone's memory from the original exchange we had on this topic at this other thread. Starts on post #433 at link below:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...y-gt3s-29.html

Saludos,
Eduardo
Porto-Vecchio, Corsica
Old 08-05-2015, 03:33 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 190 Posts

is PTS delivery already running?

or are the new three colors already in production?

source: https://www.facebook.com/itswhitenoise918

btw: good lady!
Old 08-05-2015, 03:39 AM
<3mph
Drifting

That is one menacing car in black! Great find!
Old 08-05-2015, 04:17 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Daniel: I don't believe all of your annotations are correct. I will go into this subject again when I have more time.
Thanks, I'd love to hear your thoughts, Eduardo. I have found the old photos quite confusing as to which colour is which!

Looking at these and other photos has reignited my interest in some of these old IROC colours, as well as other great colours from the past like signal orange, since I'm starting to plan ahead for the .2 cars. I have already put some hard-earned money down and hope to land the next RS. But I'd want to do PTS, and would like to try to find some great, as yet not approved, colours to consider. This way, I'd have time to start the request and approval process (since we're looking at having 2-3 years lead time). Maybe others who have an interest in some of these colours could also use the opportunity to start requesting colours, especially if you have deposits with your dealerships. (The truth is, I'm not sure if Porsche allows one to request new PTS colours without a firm order and just a deposit on unannounced models. Any info on that would be helpful to me too!) Perhaps there is enough interest amongst those on RL to pipe up with their colours of interest and we could then collectively go about getting all those colours approved. For instance, in addition to some of the amazing already approved colours on the PTS list like Gelbgrun / Mexico blue / Slate grey / etc, I have started looking at:

- Acid blue/Bahama blue (vs Club blue, Arrow blue, Pure blue; fwiw I really like Voodoo, but would prefer to find a historic Porsche colour of similar character)

- Signal orange (AMAZING!!!)

- Karminrot (the IROC "magenta" version, although this colour confuses me since in a number of the old photos is looks quite pure red, more like GR; more info needed)

- Bahama yellow (more info needed, but it looks nice in photos on some older cars, not sure if it's closer to Signal orange or Signal yellow, or neither)

- Leaf green (AC got me interested in this, especially if it looks like in this photo!)

- Aquamarine blue (the jury's out while Miami is pending, especially if it becomes available through the entire line up)

...and I'm sure there are many others.
Thanks in advance!
Old 08-05-2015, 04:22 AM
1198r
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MMbtu
Given your build date this would be right on target for you based on what happened for mine - "materials ordered" status early July and build date Sept.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:34 AM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts

I am glad you decided to stay with 'Gelbgrün'. It's going to be an incredible color on a gt3 RS!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Arcipelago di La Maddalena, Sardinia
Just saw those Gelbrun pics - OMG - please sell me your car at MSRP That will be absolutely incredible.
Old 08-05-2015, 11:27 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default The IROC group photo at Werk I...an analysis!

Re: Daniel's "Thanks, I'd love to hear your thoughts, Eduardo. I have found the old photos quite confusing as to which colour is which!"

Let me, with Mike's (W8MM) help, give all of you the background on those old photos of the IROC cars before they left the factory:

So now that everybody understands the peculiarity of the old Kodachrome film from Kodak, let's examine Daniel's annotations (which are almost all correct).

Note that the cars in the transport carrier truck correspond exactly to the last two rows at the photo taken (I believe) at the interior yard of Werk I in Zuffenhausen.

Last row in group photo is 'Aubergine', 'Light Yellow', 'Jade Green' & 'Gulf Blue'. That is precisely the order you see them on the bottom of the truck. And only because we have the 'better' truck photo can you really tell that the second color is 'Light Yellow', because otherwise it looks like 'Beige' on the group shot!

The next row up is 'Birch Green/Lichtgrün', 'Mexico Blue', 'Orange' & 'Gelbgrün/Yellow Green'. That is exactly the order as they also appeared in the transport carrier truck! Again, the colors on the truck are more realistic looking than in the group shot. So that helps us out too.

We don't have a photo of the last transport truck, which carried the four cars in the front row, plus another three missing from the group photo. So that makes our analysis job more difficult. And Daniel is correct in almost all of them. It starts out with 'Acid Blue' (which looks too 'purple'), then 'Sahara Beige' (which looks 'pink'), followed by 'Grand Prix White'. But the final one is not Karminrot (Magenta). I believe the last one is 'India Red'. If my assumption is correct, the missing cars in our group photo are 'Fraise', 'Black' and 'Karminrot'.

These last three colors also correspond to the last chassis numbers, etc. So the fact that they were built last, and don't appear on the group photo, lends some credence to my story...and I am sticking to it!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Off the coast of Sardinia near Porto Cervo

Old 08-05-2015, 11:38 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

The Aubergine looks very purple compared to real live Aubergines..

Quick Reply: Reference Guide to PTS