Sponsored by:

Reference Guide to PTS

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 01:26 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Gents: Please, I caution you to be careful with these apparently definitive statements on what the color is on some of the photographs posted in a forum. This is not 'Green'. It is not 'Signal Green'. It's 'Gelbgrün/Green Yellow', code 137. And is currently one of my all time favorite greens available via PTS.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...woop-woop.html

I hate to see any of you make a mistake in choosing a PTS color for your 991 gt3 RS based on incorrect or partial information.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Marin County (just for a few more hours!)
It's a different car than the Glebgreen car you posted. Here's another angle:

It might be this car, shown here in the shade - could even be Viper, way too hard to tell with random internet photos.

Old 06-02-2015, 02:36 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by NateOZ
It's a different car than the Glebgreen car you posted. Here's another angle:

It might be this car, shown here in the shade - could even be Viper, way too hard to tell with random internet photos.

Well, that is another can of worms we have opened here. Here is why I said 'Gelbgrün/Green Yellow', code 137.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...n-is-this.html

But let's do some further analysis because, as I always like to point out, photos lie all the time. The different lenses, filters, light conditions...not to mentioned color enhancements you can do via fancy color software apps.

I can trace this car to Major Dad's friend in Austria. We will do further investigation to get to the bottom of it. Major says 'Viper Green'. But the same fellow also claims his .2 gt3 RS is 'Porsche Green'. So go figure!

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...leipzig-6.html

And in that photo, it doesn't look like 'Gelbgrün/Green Yellow', code 137.

But here is 'Gelbgrün/Green Yellow', code 137. Photo supplied by the owner of the vehicle itself:

And it looks surprisingly like the color on the other car you posted:

I am in Marin right now. I need to walk from 'Blackie's Pasture.' to Tiburon with the wife for our exercise.

And then I return to Carmel later on tonight. In the next few days we will get to the bottom of why the photo you posted first (right above) doesn't look like 'Viper', although it might be due to how it was photographed. But I stand by my caution...be very careful with declaring any finality to a color we see on the internet (that goes for me too!), because it could come back to bit us in the ***!

Saludos,
Eduardo
People's Republic of Marin
Old 06-02-2015, 03:05 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

And then I return to Carmel later on tonight. In the next few days we will get to the bottom of why the photo you posted first (right above) doesn't look like 'Viper', although it might be due to how it was photographed. But I stand by my caution...be very careful with declaring any finality to a color we see on the internet (that goes for me too!), because it could come back to bit us in the ***!
Agree - Main reason I'm sticking with Viper is I've seen it in person and know I like it, very hard to go by so many of the photos online. My order is at V170 now, still waiting for the final nod, but it's being processed at least...
Old 06-02-2015, 05:54 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
I was going to go with British Racing green but Eduardo told me i was not allowed on a German car lolol.

So Signal it is.
Did you consider Brewster? I almost went it with my Targa order.

Old 06-02-2015, 09:41 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

I actually love that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But i think ill stick with signal...............................

Unless Eduardo can help................................

EDUARDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

check this link out, do you know the color? Its AMAZING IMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.pca.org/classified-ad/307658
The ad tells us: 'Leaf Green'. That is historic color code 218 at Porsche. Lovely vintage early 911 color!

I am afraid it has been neither requested nor approved for PTS on the 991!

Saludos,
Eduardo
On the road...
Old 06-03-2015, 12:20 PM
hets72
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts

Hi Eduardo - just put my order in for PTS on my GT3 RS - color is Peridot Metallic - 2S1 - please let me know if anything I should take special consideration.

PS: pic's of Ottocar's 4.0 are great!
Old 06-03-2015, 12:38 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Leaf Green...

LOVE IT!
I meant, "know of" the color. I have never seen it in person but looks amazing
'Leaf Green' looks very nice in person! It was offered in the late 1960's and all the way up to MY1973 in the 911! It's a very elegant color. But feels somewhat 'subdue'...so you have to like that subtle quality in this color. Wish we had it approved for PTS!

With age, the original factory paint tended to get chalky & suffered heavily from UV fade. Perhaps modern paint formulation, plus the now universal 'clear' final coat, makes 'Leaf Green' beauty last!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 06-03-2015, 12:53 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by hets72
Hi Eduardo - just put my order in for PTS on my GT3 RS - color is Peridot Metallic - 2S1 - please let me know if anything I should take special consideration.
Yes, a change in color to something more unusual, perhaps historic /vintage, for your great 991 gt3 RS!

But to get back to serious re: your 'Take into special consideration?'...no, not really. Personal taste & color preferences are so...persona & individual. No right or wrong. Except for future resale considerations, then go with something with more universal PTS appeal Porsche-wise.

Good luck with your order!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
The following users liked this post:
OTM (11-25-2019)
Old 06-03-2015, 01:49 PM
hets72
Instructor

Eduardo,

thanks for the quick response - my consideration is that I want

- a light green
- a metallic colour

Unfortunately not too many choices... Ice Green is too elegant, most other metallic greens are too dark.... Verde Itaca or Mantis I doubt doable ..... any other Bright metallic Greens to consider?

Thanks in advance
Old 06-03-2015, 01:59 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 709 Likes on 336 Posts

Metallic? Reconsider ice green metallic.
Old 06-03-2015, 02:11 PM
hets72
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jamie140
Metallic? Reconsider ice green metallic.
I like Ice Green metallic just don't think it fit's well to a GT car - is rather a color for a Turbo or Carrera ..... looked at an early Turbo in Ice Green last weekend and looked really great....
Old 06-03-2015, 02:45 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

I like Ice Green metallic just don't think it fit's well to a GT car - is rather a color for a Turbo or Carrera ..... looked at an early Turbo in Ice Green last weekend and looked really great....
Maybe Laser Green Metallic is more what you're after? I don't have any picts, but if you look at the wrap it's pretty close to something like Mantis Green.
Old 06-03-2015, 04:29 PM
red route 1
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
That's the one. Best blue IMO. Would look killer on new RS and work well with the black accents.

Can't imagine why it wouldn't pass feasibility.
I agree, and have asked for Z62 on more than one build and turned down each time. Cant understand how a Panamera can be qualified but not a 911. Feels like they must have plans for that color or one close to it. A shame... but UV will be cool.
Old 06-03-2015, 04:57 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default re: Metallic Green Colors...

Eduardo,

thanks for the quick response - my consideration is that I want

- a light green
- a metallic colour

Unfortunately not too many choices... Ice Green is too elegant, most other metallic greens are too dark.... Verde Itaca or Mantis I doubt doable ..... any other Bright metallic Greens to consider?

Thanks in advance
While I am not a fan of metallic paints (just a personal point of view), there are many other possibilities in the PTS list to consider. The only one I have seen, besides 'Porsche Racing Green Metallic-22G' or 'Dark Olive Metallic-M6X' (both of which I don't particularly like), is the color 'Oakgrünmetallic / Oak Green Metallic', color code 22L. This type of elegant 'green metallic' is also one of the most popular colors for the members of Ferry Porsche's family!

Are you sure you do not want to pursue a solid color 'Green'? That is where the truly unusual & beautiful shades of 'green' are currently found on the Porsche PTS list! Let me just suggest one that has rarely been seen or ordered. It is a color just recently approved for the 991. 'Reingrün' / 'Pure Green', color code Y56.

Remember that since all solids now have a final 'clear' coat, they all have a very shinny look reminiscent of earlier metallics. Food for thought.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 06-03-2015, 05:46 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 709 Likes on 336 Posts

While I am not a fan of metallic paints (just a personal point of view), there are many other possibilities in the PTS list to consider. The only one I have seen, besides 'Porsche Racing Green Metallic-22G' or 'Dark Olive Metallic-M6X' (both of which I don't particularly like), is the color 'Oakgrünmetallic / Oak Green Metallic', color code 22L. This type of elegant 'green metallic' is also one of the most popular colors for the members of Ferry Porsche's family!

Are you sure you do not want to pursue a solid color 'Green'? That is where the truly unusual & beautiful shades of 'green' are currently found on the Porsche PTS list! Let me just suggest one that has rarely been seen or ordered. It is a color just recently approved for the 991. 'Reingrün' / 'Pure Green', color code Y56.

Remember that since all solids now have a final 'clear' coat, they all have a very shinny look reminiscent of earlier metallics. Food for thought.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Where does PureGreen fall in the green/yellow spectrum relative to the others we've been obsessively discussing?

Quick Reply: Reference Guide to PTS