Sponsored by:

Reference Guide to PTS

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 08:29 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij

With serious OCD efforts, I have about 2/3rds of NA PTS Tourings. I have 111 and there were 147 built as of 2/1/19. When production is complete, I will back fill mine into Montoya’s list which should add a few dozen more.

Thanks! To answer the original question I have about 40% of the NA cars- I have no idea of the amount of world wide PTS production but a safe bet is much less than NA % which will probably be around 15% when production ends. Countries like U.K. won’t even enter PTS orders, so my best guess is 3-5% of WW production outside NA- it’s not seemingly as popular.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:27 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,792 Likes on 2,160 Posts

Originally Posted by montoya

Thanks! To answer the original question I have about 40% of the NA cars- I have no idea of the amount of world wide PTS production but a safe bet is much less than NA % which will probably be around 15% when production ends. Countries like U.K. won’t even enter PTS orders, so my best guess is 3-5% of WW production outside NA- it’s not seemingly as popular.
That's probably because there are less "investors" and "speculators" outside of the US with these GT cars. No way you have as much broker/flipper activity outside of the US.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:32 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
That's probably because there are less "investors" and "speculators" outside of the US with these GT cars. No way you have as much broker/flipper activity outside of the US.
It’s a different game because dealers can’t sell over MSRP. You think ADMs are bad here, look at what a delivery miles GT3 Touring is going for in the UK (BTW no PTS in England). And Europe got a shortened build window for PTS, so there are less for that reason, not necessarily because people did not want PTS. Brokers/investors are all over Europe and the UK just like here. Look at the cars that were new that went to high end preowned non-franchise dealers.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:40 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

^ Well, as a counterpoint I met with the 991.2 Porsche club (see my European delivery blog) the day before my delivery. In Germany you don't need to get on a list, cars are available to order just like any other car. There is no speculation or flipping, cars depreciate like normal. And yes PTS is available, but it still seems to be really difficult to process a request- even for German dealers!
Old 02-13-2019, 11:08 PM
hets72
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts

Aurum vs. White Gold compare - "Gold is the new Black"

Old 02-14-2019, 02:29 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,792 Likes on 2,160 Posts

Are the GT2RS uprights the same height as the GT3RS uprights?
Old 02-14-2019, 05:16 AM
Hellelfenbein
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

^ Well, as a counterpoint I met with the 991.2 Porsche club (see my European delivery blog) the day before my delivery. In Germany you don't need to get on a list, cars are available to order just like any other car. There is no speculation or flipping, cars depreciate like normal. And yes PTS is available, but it still seems to be really difficult to process a request- even for German dealers!
My experience was different. It was pretty difficult to get a 991.2 GT3 allocation even in Germany. They were definitely not available to order just like any other car. However, if you were seriously looking for one, you had a fair chance of getting an allocation (at MSRP).

PTS was a completely different story: PTS could only be ordered for the GT3 between November 2017 and January 18th 2018 and most of the confirmed (!) contracts were cancelled by Porsche AG after that period. That‘s the reason why (used) PTS GT3s (especially Tourings) are now sold with ADM by German Porsche dealers. No speculation or flipping in Germany - I‘m not sure...

Old 02-14-2019, 08:27 AM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 32 Posts

I believe they may even be the same part. I put some BaronRS+3 uprights (designed for GT3RS) on my GT2RS and they fit perfectly.
YMMV
Old 02-14-2019, 09:23 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hellelfenbein

My experience was different. It was pretty difficult to get a 991.2 GT3 allocation even in Germany. They were definitely not available to order just like any other car. However, if you were seriously looking for one, you had a fair chance of getting an allocation (at MSRP).

PTS was a completely different story: PTS could only be ordered for the GT3 between November 2017 and January 18th 2018 and most of the confirmed (!) contracts were cancelled by Porsche AG after that period. That‘s the reason why (used) PTS GT3s (especially Tourings) are now sold with ADM by German Porsche dealers. No speculation or flipping in Germany - I‘m not sure...

I stand corrected, my conversation was with people where English is a second language (that's my excuse LOL!), but this was the impression they gave me. Perhaps it is just that the idea of getting on a list waiting months for an allocation is different than in the USA- from your description, you had to work to find one to buy, but they could be found- unlike the USA where what's available is marked up at ridiculous ADM. I do recall stories of disappointment with PTS, not knowing the secret handshake, limited availability etc. Thanks for the clarification.

Old 02-14-2019, 10:46 PM
H-MAN
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hets72
Aurum vs. White Gold compare - "Gold is the new Black"

Saw your 3RS at TVP yesterday while dropping off my red 3. Looked fantastic with the gold wheels & stripes, even better next to the Ice Green.
Old 02-15-2019, 02:55 AM
spydersmiley
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I stand corrected, my conversation was with people where English is a second language (that's my excuse LOL!), but this was the impression they gave me. Perhaps it is just that the idea of getting on a list waiting months for an allocation is different than in the USA- from your description, you had to work to find one to buy, but they could be found- unlike the USA where what's available is marked up at ridiculous ADM. I do recall stories of disappointment with PTS, not knowing the secret handshake, limited availability etc. Thanks for the clarification.
I can confirm Hellelfenbein's view for Switzerland: PTS was only available during a very, very short time window. I got delivery of my Touring in February 2018. I was interested to get PTS, and had exactly 2(!) days to confirm this. Due to the excessive price, I then decided not to go for this option. Like in Germany, GT3s / Tourings were very sought after. I am not aware of any deliveries after May 2018. In my Porsche Centre (not a small one), I was told that a total of 5 to 6 Tourings were delivered.
Old 02-15-2019, 08:16 PM
Porsche911GTS'16
Drifting

Received 1,159 Likes on 562 Posts

I will exchange my incoming light ivory GT3T with buckets, PCCBs, houndstooth, the works for Swiss citizenship. Deal? If there is something even more challenging than getting a PTS GT3T in Europe, it is getting Swiss citizenship.
Old 02-16-2019, 01:30 PM
M3ike
Advanced

Received 57 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche911GTS'16
I will exchange my incoming light ivory GT3T with buckets, PCCBs, houndstooth, the works for Swiss citizenship. Deal? If there is something even more challenging than getting a PTS GT3T in Europe, it is getting Swiss citizenship.
I had to jump through so many hoops to get my PTS Touring in Switzerland, even changing production month while being at Exclusive in Stuttgart. It was fully worth it though as I love my Viper Touring which was the only Touring allocation my Porsche dealer got. And being Swiss isn‘t too bad either 😉
Mike
Old 02-17-2019, 10:28 PM
hets72
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts

I think the uprights are the same - wing and endplates are very different.
Old 02-19-2019, 05:41 AM
dane1984
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by H-MAN
Saw your 3RS at TVP yesterday while dropping off my red 3. Looked fantastic with the gold wheels & stripes, even better next to the Ice Green.
we need more pictures of the GT3 RS

Quick Reply: Reference Guide to PTS