Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How-to: building a GPS-based PSE valve controller for passing track sound checks

Old 10-01-2019, 04:57 PM
hwashcraft
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for this article. For some reason, the photographs you included to show wiring details are no longer with the post. Are they available or do you have a schematic so I can be sure I have wired this correctly? Thanks.
Old 10-07-2019, 03:05 PM
hwashcraft
Rennlist Member

I have installed all of the wiring for the Mech33 solution (4 wire) and have put the controller together (need to program and test) but would prefer a smaller, more convenient package. What is the status of your project? BTW, as an ex-amateur radio operator, I have done a lot of electronics building. If you only have a PCB and parts list, I can handle soldering surface mount (except the really tiny ones...). Status?
Old 10-07-2019, 03:14 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by hwashcraft
I have installed all of the wiring for the Mech33 solution (4 wire) and have put the controller together (need to program and test) but would prefer a smaller, more convenient package. What is the status of your project? BTW, as an ex-amateur radio operator, I have done a lot of electronics building. If you only have a PCB and parts list, I can handle soldering surface mount (except the really tiny ones...). Status?
Honestly ..... I think the track nanny is really the best solution
it will cost more for sure ... the expression “you get what you pay “ for really applies here ....
my two cents 😉
good luck
Best regards
Ed
Old 10-07-2019, 05:52 PM
hwashcraft
Rennlist Member

Adding to the installation notes, a few observations, recommendations.

Old 10-07-2019, 06:07 PM
hwashcraft
Rennlist Member

Status of the track nanny project. I have put in the wiring to run from the ecm and the solenoid (4 wire configuration) to connect to the Mech33 controller I built, but would like a more compact set up. If you only have parts (even smd), I can construct. I have worked with surface mount on amateur radio equipment I have built.

hwashcraft

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How-to: building a GPS-based PSE valve controller for passing track sound checks