Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   New Mexico Blue GT3 pics (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/875999-new-mexico-blue-gt3-pics.html)

2016RS 05-28-2015 08:04 PM

New Mexico Blue GT3 pics

15 Attachment(s)
Hi guys - I was hoping for some decent weather and greener pastures before taking these pics but hard to find on the east coast these days. So after a few polite requests (and a few threats) thought I better give back a bit. Again apologies for the poor weather and the off colour balance. And yes I called the weather office (they wouldn't do anything) and Mexico blue is a bugger to get right - always looks darker or violet. Promises of some pro shots soon.

MY2015 March production. Car is pretty loaded (PTS, PCCB's, 18-way's, leather, illuminated sills, yellow belts, freebee options, LED's, white dials, leather wheel, lift life saver, and best of all the "Mexico blue painted key", etc ...). Wish I did and glad I don't have the Carbon Fibre Buckets.

For some history on this car and how Rennlist helped me to buy it see the following links :

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...at-list-3.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist...lue-gt3-2.html

Mexico blue is amazing and the yellow PCCB's, black wheels & yellow belts really hit the sweet spot. The only downer is all the guys beeping, flashing lights and thumb-upping me. What's the matter with blue Porsches - don't girls like them ? My wife insists I wouldn't have this problem in a 458 Speciale ... eventually I'll get it right.

On driving I haven't been able to wind it out properly yet - engine is still very tight but I can feel good things to come. Suspension is amazingly compliant for a car this tightly sprung and hung. Very Connected and Certainly much tighter and linear than any 911 I've ever driven. Easily dispatches turns that I would have thought twice about in other cars. My early sense is that the car's performance envelope is huge - More to come as it breaks me in ...

Finally can't say enough good things about this community - The depth of knowledge is incredible with someone always willing to help.

Cheers :thumbup:

<3mph 05-28-2015 08:15 PM

Congratulations on a gorgeous car! It's been years since I lived in Halifax, but it's nice to think about the city again! BTW, did they deliver the car to you before they installed the splitter?

BLUdog 05-28-2015 08:17 PM

I'm signal green with envy! Fantastic looking example. Love the non-metallic blues. I can't agree more about what a tremendously capable car the GT3 is. Enjoy!

WildBill 05-28-2015 08:23 PM

That blue is awesome! Fun story, enjoy in good health.

nyamg 05-28-2015 08:24 PM

Stunning!! Enjoy it.

kfmcmahon 05-28-2015 08:26 PM

Awesome color, love the PTS blues as well.

( OT-that is what you call poor weather??)

ElectricChair 05-28-2015 08:32 PM

What a beauty! Congrats!

Just in time 05-28-2015 08:35 PM

Gorgeous color but hard to really appreciate from the pics as some color balancing is necessary. Enjoy!

usctrojanGT3 05-28-2015 08:37 PM

Gorgeous looking car...I was thinking about buying that car but given the price plus sales tax plus import fees to the US and the lack of buckets I decided to take a pass. Enjoy in good health. :thumbsup:

Z356 05-28-2015 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by 2016RS (Post 12317126)
So after a few polite requests (and a few threats) thought I better give back a little...Finally can't say enough good things about this community - The depth of knowledge is incredible with someone always willing to help.

Cheers :thumbup:

It's about time! :evilgrin:

Absolutely lovely color!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

bronson7 05-28-2015 09:07 PM

A big congrats on this gorgeous PTS Mexico Blue. Just another lucky Canadian, well done.

Ma991 05-28-2015 09:36 PM

Stunning, congrats.

llstuey 05-28-2015 09:48 PM

So jealous. Looks amazing.

seapar 05-28-2015 09:51 PM

Very nice. I'd give you the thumbs up, too.

2016RS 05-28-2015 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by <3mph (Post 12317151)
Congratulations on a gorgeous car! It's been years since I lived in Halifax, but it's nice to think about the city again! BTW, did they deliver the car to you before they installed the splitter?

I asked for delivery w the splitter removed piece-of-cake 2 minute install. And if you wanna come back here, I'll swap with you if your weather's better (office, car & house but the wife's a keeper).

Originally Posted by BLUdog (Post 12317155)
I'm signal green with envy! Fantastic looking example. Love the non-metallic blues. I can't agree more about what a tremendously capable car the GT3 is. Enjoy!

I've seen signal green in the flesh - if you've got one I'm blue w envy.

Originally Posted by Just in time (Post 12317196)
Gorgeous color but hard to really appreciate from the pics as some color balancing is necessary. Enjoy!

Pro pics to follow - Scout's honour ! :thumbup:

(p.s., the 4th & 6th pics are most accurate)

Originally Posted by Z356 (Post 12317265)
It's about time! :evilgrin:

Absolutely lovely color!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

We're not worthy :bowdown:

(p.s. thx for all the great PTS and Porsche exclusive threads - great binge reading)

Originally Posted by bronson7 (Post 12317280)
A big congrats on this gorgeous PTS Mexico Blue. Just another lucky Canadian, well done.

Can never have too many Canucks - keep em comin

Originally Posted by llstuey (Post 12317407)
So jealous. Looks amazing.

Don't be jealous - Wife'll probably make me sell in 6 mo's because I'm spending more time in the garage than with her. Worse yet she'll use the proceeds to buy a new washing machine. So you see jealousy can quickly turn to pity.

Originally Posted by seapar (Post 12317415)
Very nice. I'd give you the thumbs up, too.

What the heck - if you can't beat em ... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

cheers and thanks everyone