2016 GT3 available

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 08:56 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,792 Likes on 2,160 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
Yup. This ^^

Short-sightedness is a common problem amongst humans. Hard to find the truly exceptional ones. When you find 'em, stick with 'em.
Times won't always be good...we'll go through another recession sooner or later and I hope these dealerships that put the $$$ ahead of their customers will get crushed. I'm glad that one of the gentlemen that I met at the track referred me out to a Midwestern dealer who's policy is to never sell above MSRP. I told that sales manager that he'll have my business whether it's for this version of the RS and/or GT4 or the next ones. There's something to be said about taking care of your customers (I know I do when it comes to real estate).
Old 05-28-2015, 08:58 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

It's highly unlikely these dealerships will get crushed. Most of their clientele who don't care about paying $50k over MSRP are rich enough to not be affected by recessions.

For instance, I highly doubt Beverly Hills Porsche will get hurt much.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:05 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Yeah unfortunately you are probably right. I can't and choose not to compete with stupid money, it's a losing battle every time. It's interesting, I won't mind paying over MSRP to a private seller but I just can't do it for a brand new cars to a dealer (I'll make an except if a dealer can get me a Voodoo Blue RS).
Old 05-28-2015, 09:08 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Yeah unfortunately you are probably right. I can't and choose not to compete with stupid money, it's a losing battle every time. It's interesting, I won't mind paying over MSRP to a private seller but I just can't do it for a brand new cars to a dealer (I'll make an except if a dealer can get me a Voodoo Blue RS).
I wouldn't make an exception for a new car, period.

Used cars are going to be different, in fact, you often find them a lot cheaper. Maybe not 991 GT3's right now, but once upon a time, I could get a used one below MSRP. Heck, 997.1 and 997.2 GT3's went at a steep discount several years back. I wouldn't have had a problem paying MSRP on them brand new, despite that.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:09 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Incidentally, the used car comment(s) above is why Ferrari dealers love customers who buy new, trade after 500 - 1500 miles, and repeat. That turns them into used cars (and yes, this is technically "cheating" to get around Ferrari NA and Ferrari S.p.A. policies) and can then be listed at market price.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:12 PM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 136 Posts

nice post by the OP, and nice business practices by the dealer...MSRP...

Another reason to love REnnlist
Old 05-28-2015, 09:14 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by -eztrader-
nice post by the OP, and nice business practices by the dealer...MSRP...

Another reason to love REnnlist
Old 05-28-2015, 09:17 PM
texas_maverick
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Dallas991
I just want to say that seeing a dealer do the right thing by selling at MSRP just further reinforces that I will NEVER purchase a Porsche from Porsche of Plano. It is pure greed and not good for the Porsche brand. There is a reason why Apple doesn't jack up the price on the new iPhones even though there is more demand than supply. Plano had been trying to get my business away from Park Place (who never charged over MSRP even if they didn't give great trade values), but I balked at the $35K over MSRP (which I got down to $25K over MSRP). I hope others will go out of their way to support dealers who do the right thing! Just my two cents. I may end up never getting a new GT3!
Who were you working with at PP?
Old 05-29-2015, 12:14 AM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 500 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by GT TREE
Got a call last night from a dealer that has an allocation available (still possible to change specs until today or tomorrow). This is not the dealer I bought my GT3 from, but apparently this dealer put me on a list when I was calling around last year looking for an allocation.

I told him I was only interested (even though I have my 15 MY spec'd to my liking) if I could get it done in PTS. Obviously that's not possible, so I passed.

Just throwing it out there....

Contact general manager of Motor werks in Barrinton, Illinois. Brian was his name. 847-304-3714
I have no affiliation with them, but feel free to tell him Tommy sent you. I could use any luck myself in hopes of one of these dealers getting me an RS allocation! :-)
The Midwest rocks ask Steve McQueen
Old 05-29-2015, 02:42 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
The Midwest rocks ask Steve McQueen
If it wasn't for the CA and NV weather, I'd probably live in the midwest too. Seems like the heartland of the US has some good Porsche dealers who value relationships. Not the scumbag dealers that we keep hearing about on the West and East coasts.

Quick Reply: 2016 GT3 available