Sponsored by:

DEALER PREP charge?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 09:38 PM
mainly
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DEALER PREP charge?

anyone else get charged this on their gt3?

was just looking over my purchase agreement and noticed the final price went from $158,655 on the window sticker then to $159,735 on the top left of the purchase agreement. a jump of $1080

but nowhere was the extra $1080 actually specified.

purchase agreement read at top left of page...

BASE VEHICLE PRICE .................................................... $159,735
DEALER PREP

not...

BASE VEHICLE PRICE/
DEALER PREP ................................................................. $159,735

then from there the rest of the charges were added, tax, administration fees, etc...

pretty sneaky if you asked me.

Old 05-27-2015, 09:43 PM
NewtownGT3
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think this is the acquistion fee that is being added to the selling price. This is a fee that is charged by the leasing company (PFinance) to start the lease. This is pretty common practice with lenders...I know Mercedes charges $1095 on thier leases.

Just my guess though...
Old 05-27-2015, 09:52 PM
mainly
Racer

Originally Posted by NewtownGT3
I think this is the acquistion fee that is being added to the selling price. This is a fee that is charged by the leasing company (PFinance) to start the lease. This is pretty common practice with lenders...I know Mercedes charges $1095 on thier leases.

Just my guess though...

then it definitely wasnt mentioned. since it was a purchase not a lease! lol
Old 05-27-2015, 10:03 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

"Dealer Fee" and "dealer prep"(not as common) are legal and prominent with many dealers across country. While they are really just an additional fees that they claim covers cost of doing business or for prepping car for delivery, it is just additional profit disguised with a different terms. Most states require the "dealer fee" to be itemized on buyers order that recaps a detailed breakdown of all applicable fees associated with purchase and not combined as you say they did but that might be ok in your state. Which state did you purchase?
Old 05-27-2015, 10:12 PM
mainly
Racer

Originally Posted by sccchiii
"Dealer Fee" and "dealer prep"(not as common) are legal and prominent in many dealers. While it is really just an additional fee that they claim covers cost of doing business or for prepping car for delivery, it is just profit disguised with a different terms. Most states require the "dealer fee" to be itemized on buyers order that recaps a detailed breakdown of all applicable fees associated with purchase and not combined as you say they did but that might be ok in your state. Which state did you purchase?
im in canada.

like i said just never heard of it before and and ive bought several new BMW's and mercedes that were over $100,000. pretty sure they didnt mention it to me at the time i bought the car either.

what would they have to do? top up some fluids? what? i could see $2-300 dollars but $1080?
Old 05-27-2015, 10:20 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mainly
im in canada.

like i said just never heard of it before and and ive bought several new BMW's and mercedes that were over $100,000. pretty sure they didnt mention it to me at the time i bought the car either.

what would they have to do? top up some fluids? what? i could see $2-300 dollars but $1080?
In US dealers are paid to do a Pre delivery inspection that is required before delivery, it involves removal of protective wrap inside and outside car that protects paint and interior during shipping, removing suspension spring pads, verifying proper fluid levels, and a list of many other things. This service is required on all cars delivered by factory to dealers and typically is not passed on to customer in U.S. (again there's always exceptions and I'm sure that some dealers will add in the "dealer prep" if they can regardless of fact that they are reimbursed a set amount by PCNA to perform the "PDI").
Old 05-27-2015, 10:32 PM
mainly
Racer

Originally Posted by sccchiii
In US dealers are paid to do a Pre delivery inspection that is required before delivery, it involves removal of protective wrap inside and outside car that protects paint and interior during shipping, removing suspension spring pads, verifying proper fluid levels, and a list of many other things. This service is required on all cars delivered by factory to dealers and typically is not passed on to customer in U.S. .
this was my thinking also. i would think those things should all be a part of doing business, after all i just bought a $171,000 car from them. at no discount.
Old 05-27-2015, 11:01 PM
NewtownGT3
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mainly
then it definitely wasnt mentioned. since it was a purchase not a lease! lol
Well then....my guess way wrong!!
Old 05-27-2015, 11:35 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 218 Posts

If you bought it from Norden then I can understand your frustration. I've never had a real good experience with them.

Anyways, you would think buying a $171K car should get you a break, but it doesn't. Most dealers will do everything they can to make the most money they can off you. The older I get, the more I realize that it's better to pay a little (I said a little) more somewhere if you get great service, great treatment, and there is trust in the relationship.

Money is paid. It's done. Enjoy your awesome car!
Old 05-28-2015, 02:52 AM
mainly
Racer

Originally Posted by kyrocks
If you bought it from Norden then I can understand your frustration. I've never had a real good experience with them.

Anyways, you would think buying a $171K car should get you a break, but it doesn't. Most dealers will do everything they can to make the most money they can off you. The older I get, the more I realize that it's better to pay a little (I said a little) more somewhere if you get great service, great treatment, and there is trust in the relationship.

Money is paid. It's done. Enjoy your awesome car!
yes thats the one.

i still havent received my owners manual either. have asked my sales person and sale manager like 3 times over the past 6 months. in person and through email.

the littlest thing, but theres no money in it for them, so they basically dont give a F***.

Quick Reply: DEALER PREP charge?