Schroth Profi II-6H Belt

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 07:30 PM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Schroth Profi II-6H Belt

Hi,
I just installed Schroth belt that comes with Clubsport package.
It was almost plug&play operation, took me 45min.

All is good but I am not sure what to think about factory anchorage location for the 6th belt.
According to the Schroth manual those points shall be vertical down from the groin, preferably approximately 20 degrees back:

http://www.hmsmotorsport.com/docs/Co...structions.pdf (page 16)

The car comes with anchorage points from the factory which are way beyond that angle. I would say approximately 50-60 degrees. They are even way behind the anchorage points for the hip belt!
That creates another problem which is the length of the 6th belt. With such installation I find this belt pretty short. The manual says nothing how much of the belt must be left free from the bracket. I have only 5cm left. I am not sure if this is safe. (for the shoulder belt min 10cm should be left free).

Has any of you come across the same problem?
Old 05-27-2015, 08:02 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

You could buy the Cantrell substrap bars if you'd like a clean solution that puts the mount point directly below the seat slot that moves with the seat. I've been impressed by those.
Old 05-27-2015, 10:30 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

Apparently not as safe on the seat.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:04 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks
Apparently not as safe on the seat.
Less safe than violating Schroth's angle guidelines? The substrap is just there to keep you from submarining under the lap belt. To me, the substrap changing in length as I move the seat seems the bigger annoyance / issue.
Old 05-28-2015, 04:29 AM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Attaching the 6th belt to the seat in my opinion is not a good idea. Has anyone crash tested that solution? I am not that sure.
I don't move the seat often if not at all so attaching the sub belt to the car's chassis is not a problem for me neither.

The shape of the brackets for the 6th belt somehow confirm that the anchorage location is correct. They are almost flat. For the vertical position they should be at least 45 degrees brackets if not more.
I am pretty sure that in Porsche they know what they do. It just puzzles me why it is agains Schroth manual?
Old 05-30-2015, 10:54 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by qbix
Hi,
I just installed Schroth belt that comes with Clubsport package.
It was almost plug&play operation, took me 45min.

All is good but I am not sure what to think about factory anchorage location for the 6th belt.
According to the Schroth manual those points shall be vertical down from the groin, preferably approximately 20 degrees back:

http://www.hmsmotorsport.com/docs/Co...structions.pdf (page 16)

The car comes with anchorage points from the factory which are way beyond that angle. I would say approximately 50-60 degrees. They are even way behind the anchorage points for the hip belt!
That creates another problem which is the length of the 6th belt. With such installation I find this belt pretty short. The manual says nothing how much of the belt must be left free from the bracket. I have only 5cm left. I am not sure if this is safe. (for the shoulder belt min 10cm should be left free).

Has any of you come across the same problem?
This is very interesting to me. So the factory mounting points must rest behind where the computers lie directly below the seats in the U.S. The GMG plates allow you to adjust positioning of the mounting point, the factory is fixed behind the seat....
Old 05-30-2015, 10:12 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,765 Likes on 4,768 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
This is very interesting to me. So the factory mounting points must rest behind where the computers lie directly below the seats in the U.S. The GMG plates allow you to adjust positioning of the mounting point, the factory is fixed behind the seat....
There are many curious issues to the OEM setup designed by Porsche using the LWB.

Like needing a harness bar, or having to make a cut-out of the LWB seats.
Old 05-30-2015, 11:19 PM
dntlvet
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
There are many curious issues to the OEM setup designed by Porsche using the LWB.

Now that is just not too appealing.
Old 05-31-2015, 03:08 AM
neuroguru
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit

Yes, with all the ranting about the LWB's, I must have missed the post where someone finally admitted they are 'poser' seats. Not really good for track or street, but look cool.

Why Porsche doesn't have anti-sub mounts on the floorpan, a proper pass-through on both seats, airbag defeat switches, and removable halo head restraints on deep carbon fiber bucket seats that are air-blower ventilated is beyond me.

It really isn't that hard to make an amalgam seat that would be awesome for street and track. Merge a Sparco Ergo with an OMP HRC-R Carbon, throw in a couple thorax airbags, as they did with these P11 Lear seats, and be done with it. Alternatively, just put the airbags in the b pillar rather than the seat.

I hope this is on the horizon in the 960 or 992GT3.
Old 06-01-2015, 01:47 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 984 Likes on 510 Posts

I crash tested a Safety Solutions 7 point system in a Sabelt seat with the sub strap straight down and the other two belts mounted rearward under the seat and nearly under my hip joints. The belts were about 10" apart. I've got quite a few Ti parts in my spine and I walked away.
Old 10-16-2015, 12:52 PM
Shahano
Burning Brakes

Hi i have the belts that came with my clubsport package but no instructions. Could you tell me where to find the instructions for this?
Old 10-16-2015, 02:38 PM
Nodrip
Instructor

Originally Posted by Shahano
Hi i have the belts that came with my clubsport package but no instructions. Could you tell me where to find the instructions for this?
I didn't find any official instructions, the only thing close to that is the Schroth manual.
Here some pictures :
Name:  left.jpg
Views: 699
Size:  144.2 KBName:  left2.jpg
Views: 742
Size:  156.7 KB
Name:  right1.jpg
Views: 613
Size:  166.9 KBName:  right2.jpg
Views: 677
Size:  119.9 KB
Name:  sub.jpg
Views: 964
Size:  137.5 KB

No picture for the shoulder belt because there is nothing complicated about it.
Expect maybe for one thing that I still don't know : do you need to cross them?
Because from the Schroth manual p14, I understand that it has to be done this way, but I never saw this kind of configuration in others 991 GT3 (or other cars with a harness bar far from the seat).
Old 10-16-2015, 09:49 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Everything is normal. I had the factory fit my belts (Euro clubsport package). They did it as per picture above. I am tall and run seat a fair way back, unfortunately crotch belt still doesn't have enough play to hand in front of the squab so can be a bit annoying getting and and out of car. You get used to it. I have folding Euro buckets. Love them, they fit very well. P.S. I was told the belts dont need crossing if teh distance from their mounting point to the holes on the chair is less than 800mm. For me it is because Im tall and the seat sits a fair way back. If in doubt cross them over...hope that helps...
Old 10-17-2015, 01:23 PM
Shahano
Burning Brakes

Do I have to drill holes??
Old 10-18-2015, 07:26 AM
Nodrip
Instructor

Originally Posted by Macca
I was told the belts dont need crossing if teh distance from their mounting point to the holes on the chair is less than 800mm. For me it is because Im tall and the seat sits a fair way back. If in doubt cross them over...hope that helps...
The manual p14 indicate that it sould be crossed if the distance is >50cm, and I just mesured it's about 50cm!
So depending your driving position you may need to cross them!

Originally Posted by Shahano
Do I have to drill holes??
No, but you will have to cut the liner. Only the one under the seat are already pre-cut, if I remember well...
Also here is some videos that can help you : http://english.schroth.com/racing/videos.php

Quick Reply: Schroth Profi II-6H Belt