Sponsored by:

FABSPEED exhaust installed on 991 GT3. Vid and pics

Old 06-04-2015, 09:44 AM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 635 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks
I have driven and been in a few cars with Fabspeed exhausts and every single one has bad drone.
My 996 TT with Fabspeed exhaust has no drone. It is an awesome addition to my car. (My car through today as I have a buyer. Making room in the garage for the new Spyder)
Old 06-04-2015, 10:17 AM
mainly
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the more exhaust threads i read the harder it is to make a decision.
Old 06-04-2015, 02:57 PM
Money2536
Race Car

Received 228 Likes on 74 Posts

Pazzo,

Is there are noticeable difference in the sound of the annoying opening and closing of the valves?
Old 06-04-2015, 08:46 PM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts
Default FABSPEED exhaust installed on 991 GT3. Vid and pics

Originally Posted by mainly
the more exhaust threads i read the harder it is to make a decision.
This
Old 06-04-2015, 08:59 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

Yes, my statement was broad, but it has been my personal experience. Never heard the 991 GT3 version so I can't comment on that. Glad you guys like it. Lots of cool exhausts to choose from.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:06 AM
snabbgt3
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kyrocks
I have driven and been in a few cars with Fabspeed exhausts and every single one has bad drone.
After going through the iterations of exhaust configs for my GT3, with Fabspeed VERY accommodating and helpful, my end system has no troublesome drone. An earlier config, with race headers (no cats), side muffler bypasses, and the 2 Mini Maxflo mufflers I had low rpm drone that was excessive for me (although my 23-year old son felt it just right) ... so I finally had Fabspeed install the OEM rear muffler. Joe Fabiano, head of Fabspeed, bent over backwards to ensure I had GREAT system.

So, its apparent that alternate configs (and there are MANY) will give you varying loudness and agressivity, with potential for significant low rpm drone with at least one config ... but what is too much drone for one driver may be just right for another.

YOU must figure out what works for you, with the experience of the Fabspeed personnel. Evan and Alex also provided insight to alternate configs.

In the end, I am extremely pleased with the result as I perceive Pazzo009 is as well. Because of the multiple modules Fabspeed builds/provides you can config the system in a myriad of ways.

I plan to install a Fabspeed system on the RS, knowing now the config which works for me ....
The following users liked this post:
FrancescaFab (01-14-2020)
Old 06-05-2015, 12:16 AM
Pazzo009
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by snabbgt3

After going through the iterations of exhaust configs for my GT3, with Fabspeed VERY accommodating and helpful, my end system has no troublesome drone. An earlier config, with race headers (no cats), side muffler bypasses, and the 2 Mini Maxflo mufflers I had low rpm drone that was excessive for me (although my 23-year old son felt it just right) ... so I finally had Fabspeed install the OEM rear muffler. Joe Fabiano, head of Fabspeed, bent over backwards to ensure I had GREAT system.

So, its apparent that alternate configs (and there are MANY) will give you varying loudness and agressivity, with potential for significant low rpm drone with at least one config ... but what is too much drone for one driver may be just right for another.

YOU must figure out what works for you, with the experience of the Fabspeed personnel. Evan and Alex also provided insight to alternate configs.

In the end, I am extremely pleased with the result as I perceive Pazzo009 is as well. Because of the multiple modules Fabspeed builds/provides you can config the system in a myriad of ways.

I plan to install a Fabspeed system on the RS, knowing now the config which works for me ....
Well said!!
Old 06-05-2015, 12:23 AM
Pazzo009
Pro

Originally Posted by Money2536
Pazzo,

Is there are noticeable difference in the sound of the annoying opening and closing of the valves?
Hi Money,

I know what you mean and I know you were quite diligent on this. I am not detecting it. I didn't notice it when I had the OEM setup (probably only 600 miles) but it was very apparent when you did your multiple runs video.

Although, since the sound of the car is livened up now I don't hear it, albeit if a ECU is controlling this, how could it not be still initiated? So Money, you got me stumped man. Perhaps someone from Fabspeed or elsewhere could assist with an explanation on that.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:40 PM
Pazzo009
Pro

In car sound from track day at New York Safety Track.

Old 06-18-2015, 09:09 PM
991 3Turbo
Racer

Nice. Congrats.
Old 06-19-2015, 09:20 AM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Pazzo009
In car sound from track day at New York Safety Track.
2 things.

1) It sounds the same to me as a stock exhaust (although video sound never really does anything justice)

2) That "safety track" certainly does not look safe to me. Look at all the trees that are close to the track without any guardrails...
Old 06-19-2015, 11:37 AM
RINGMEISTER27
Racer

Default FABSPEED exhaust installed on 991 GT3. Vid and pics

Sounds good OP. Did you dyno the GT3?

Why don't I see any catless systems installed? For sure max gains will be seen with straight pipes...
Old 06-19-2015, 12:01 PM
Pazzo009
Pro

Originally Posted by RINGMEISTER27
Sounds good OP. Did you dyno the GT3?

Why don't I see any catless systems installed? For sure max gains will be seen with straight pipes...
Thank you. No I have not Dyno'ed it and I do not intend to. I agree that a catless system will yield the biggest gain. The stocks cats are very restrictive. Fabspeed makes a catless header and a version with a 200 cell cat. The catless setup will pop a engine light.

I did go for a ride in a customer's car with header with no cats, and it had the side muffler deter (I think) with the stock center muffler. It sounded great and it was not too loud. I can't speculate if it was faster or not. If you want to hear that set up it might be on the site. It was the silver one.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:59 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone consider Forza exhaust valve controllers ? Works well with Ferrari, BMW and they are currently thinking it will work with Porsche PSE, but still needs to be verified. May be worth investigation. Three remote controlled modes...valves always open, always closed or function as stock...see the compatibility tab on this site.
http://www.forzacomponenti.com/exhau...troller_b.html
Old 06-19-2015, 01:47 PM
Gt3Fan
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for sharing your experiences and video. Had you tried any other exhaust systems to compare to?

Currently I'm experimenting with the FVD side muffler delete j-pipes and they have turned the car into a beast. The idea was to then replace the stock center muffler with another brand at some point. I like the set up you have and while the vid was great, thanks for doing that, like you said, it;s very difficult to really get the full sound experience.

Could you share your experience with using the PSE bottom and how the sound might compare to the stock set up? Not sure I would want to go back to turning turning off the PSE but the new Jpipes I have are very loud it might be nice to have the option in the long run or long trips.

Appreciate any input you may have here.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FABSPEED exhaust installed on 991 GT3. Vid and pics