Sponsored by:

Long Shot: Looking for a GT3 or GT3RS Allocation

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 09:35 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 665 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by crazy ivan
All right. I talked to one dealer who has an allocation, but they wanted a market adjusted price of +20k. At that point it's not worth it to me.
Market adjusted price!? You mean how would you like it? Dry or lubed? Nice job on holding the line! Kudos. You will find your car I promise if it's a GT3.
Old 05-26-2015, 11:02 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,090 Likes on 2,338 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
While in theory this is accurate I am not sure it holds much traction in the real world.

For fiscal year Porschr had revenues over 17 billion euros with operating profits at nearly 3 billion euros.

Even if the doubled or tripled RS allocations and saturated the market demand it would at most make a largely insignificant difference to Porsche's bottom line. Or, in other words, a rounding error at best.

And not to mention the downside cost in tarnishing the market image and exclusivity of the RS marque would mean to Porsche.
I don't have a hard-on to get the RS now anyhow, I already have 2 great cars and will have a Cayman going into for full race car build in July. I'll wait my turn for a new one, if that doesn't pan out I'll buy a used one later. I am willing to pay over MSRP ONLY IF I can get a Voodoo Blue RS.

Quick Reply: Long Shot: Looking for a GT3 or GT3RS Allocation