Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shark Werks By-pass Install and Review

Old 05-10-2015, 08:40 PM
DK911
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shark Werks By-pass Install and Review

Just a quick review of my Shark Werks install for anyone interested.

It took about 1.5hrs to remove the original and install the by-pass. There are some tight spots, so I needed multiple lengths of 13mm sockets, extensions, and wrenches to get at the nuts that needed removed. Just go into it with patience and it's no big deal. Also, the catalytic converters get really hot, really quickly, and stay hot for a long time (ask me how I know ).

It all went back together very easily. The only issue I can see is that there is a very slight leak between the by-pass and the exhaust tips. Not sure if this is really a problem, but I'll probably put some high temp RTV in there to seal it.

It sounds really good everywhere. It's definitely louder than stock, so no stealth mode here.

At full throttle high RPM, it sounds the same as stock but a little louder. At low and mid RPM, it sounds noticeably better. I always felt that it sounded pretty ordinary in this range with the stock exhaust, but it is better with the by-pass.

There is no "drone" at all with normal driving.

Overall, it takes a car that already sounds great and makes it a little "greater".
Old 05-10-2015, 10:06 PM
Pazzo009
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DK911

At full throttle high RPM, it sounds the same as stock but a little louder. At low and mid RPM, it sounds noticeably better. I always felt that it sounded pretty ordinary in this range with the stock exhaust, but it is better with the by-pass.
I respectfully disagree with your assertion. IMO it sounds the same under 5k, it's after that where it really sings. The valve is rendered useless also. I loved it but I wanted a little more sound and I installed the fabspeed.

My sharkwerks bypass is for sale for $1100 shipped
Old 05-11-2015, 12:28 AM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 983 Likes on 509 Posts

No two sets of ears are made the same.
Old 05-11-2015, 02:13 PM
SMGT3
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Fabspeed

Originally Posted by Pazzo009
I respectfully disagree with your assertion. IMO it sounds the same under 5k, it's after that where it really sings. The valve is rendered useless also. I loved it but I wanted a little more sound and I installed the fabspeed.

My sharkwerks bypass is for sale for $1100 shipped

How does the Fabspeed sound compared to SW?
Old 05-11-2015, 08:19 PM
EricHai
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How you know its hot
Old 05-12-2015, 12:49 AM
Pazzo009
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SMGT3
How does the Fabspeed sound compared to SW?
Too much to explain at this time but keep a look out in the next two weeks for a complete write up. I plan to post a vid and pictures and a full description of my opinion.

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the Sharkwerks. For the money and time it takes to install, you can't go wrong. However, depending on what type of set up you go with on an exhaust, there could be gains and more sound. I went with the mini max flo race exhaust set up. It broadens the sound range, but the sharkwerks is quieter for obvious reasons ( I removed the two side mufflers too)

I'm very happy, but like I said stay tuned for a more elaborate write up. To the OP, I apologize if it seems I jacked your post. Happy motoring.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Shark Werks By-pass Install and Review