Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Floor mats: Rennline, WeatherTech, Suncoast?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 10:49 AM
devenh
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Floor mats: Rennline, WeatherTech, Suncoast?

Looking at floor mat options for moisture and dirt protection.

The Rennline Track Mats are a bit pricey ($250 for driver and passenger) and it looks like the edging doesn't go around the entire mat, so excess water could drain off the side.

WeatherTech's are $150 for the DigitalFit. Suncoast has $78 Porsche rubber mats and $49 Lloyd ones.

Any comments on the above products would be appreciated.
Old 05-10-2015, 10:56 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

The owner of WeatherTech is a huge Porsche guy. Not that it should be a decision factor.
Old 05-10-2015, 10:59 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Are you looking at the Rennline steel mats? Those are worth the money- you can leave them in on track days and put your plush carpet mats over them for daily use. Track day grease and dirt obviously never stains steel...
Old 05-10-2015, 11:00 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
The owner of WeatherTech is a huge Porsche guy. Not that it should be a decision factor.

About a 50 rare Porsche car collection. And very generous to our Chicago PCA.

I like the black rubber Porsche mats. But then I don't need or want the high side protection.
Old 05-10-2015, 12:10 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

wouldn't recommend rennline for 'protection' but they are fantastic for track days. i keep them in my car all the time. love 'em
Old 05-10-2015, 12:56 PM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought weather tech for my cayman GTS. They are great for protection of the carpet. Much better than the Porsche rubber mats which don't protect around the edges like weather tech.
Old 05-10-2015, 01:00 PM
Shrevehorn
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have been a big fan of weatherTech over the years. Generally the old style and not their new ones. Put some blacks ones in a F150 and just simply could never get them clean.

Wife just got a Macan. She wanted some, and decided on the new ones. Got them in gray, look sharp. The material seems better and smoother, so to speak. Seems to be easier to clean. Bad news - front, back and rear tray -- almost $350.
Old 05-10-2015, 02:36 PM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I've got the black rennlines and the paint is scrapped up and chipping in a few places, not a lot of weeks on them either. They are nice that they can stay in for track days, but they dont fit very well and dont sit flush on the carpet either.

They fit over the plastic nubs that the carpets attach to, but they dont lock down and i cant put my carpets on top of them either, they will slide all over the place.
Old 05-10-2015, 03:25 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by bigkraig
I've got the black rennlines and the paint is scrapped up and chipping in a few places, not a lot of weeks on them either. They are nice that they can stay in for track days, but they dont fit very well and dont sit flush on the carpet either.

They fit over the plastic nubs that the carpets attach to, but they dont lock down and i cant put my carpets on top of them either, they will slide all over the place.
Hmmm, my experience is with my.2 gt3. Perfect fit and paint was durable. I used Velcro to keep my Lloyds mats in place. Maybe the 991 variant not as tight a fit, but any issue with paint I would take up under warranty. Also I think the mat anchors are removable if they are in the way.
Old 05-10-2015, 04:11 PM
C2Spin
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts

Had a similar dilemma a few weeks back. In my scenario I was looking for protection of floor if I am out in the rain and getting in and out of car; paved and/or unpaved parking. Didn't want to deal with carpets getting dirty and to feel more comfortable getting in and out of car (meaning, not being OCD worried about carpets each time I get in and out in bad weather).

In the end I chose WeatherTech and they fit like a charm. You remove existing floor mats and the WeatherTech fit perfectly. They snap in to the same tabs as the floor mats and have coverage up the sides that I really like; for spills or other big footed moments, when the rubber floor lines just cover the floor only.

Attached a few pics for reference. Good luck with whatever you choose.
Attached Images       
Old 05-10-2015, 06:55 PM
JFA65
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have the Suncoast. Fit perfectly and well secured. Porsche in red on the side. I will leave them in year round.
Old 05-10-2015, 06:58 PM
Gt3Fan
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
wouldn't recommend rennline for 'protection' but they are fantastic for track days. i keep them in my car all the time. love 'em
I just purchased and put a rennline in my car last week and love it. Keeping it in full time, much prefer over the stock carpets
Attached Images  
Old 05-10-2015, 07:52 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 719 Likes on 394 Posts

My only experience with WeatherTech was poor fit - the holes did not match the 'nubs' in the car. Won't try that again. For me, the Porsche rubber mats are fine. Of course, the carpet ones are cheap enough that it really shouldn't be a concern. If they get too dirty or nasty, buy new ones. That's what they are for - to wear out so the carpet in the car doesn't.
Old 05-10-2015, 08:04 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

^^ +1 - had many weathertech mats over the years, my dealer gave my wife a set of rubber Porsche ones for her Macan and I'm surprised how good they are. If I was looking for some for the GT3, I would go them over weathertech.

Normally OEM rubber mats are trash, but these are great.
Old 05-11-2015, 12:23 PM
Gt3Fan
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

I much prefer the metal track mats from the simple standpoint of being able to move/slide your foot from break to gas easier. I would never go back to a carpet type mat again.

Quick Reply: Floor mats: Rennline, WeatherTech, Suncoast?