Sponsored by:

SunCoast Porsche emblem Indoor Cover

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 10:08 PM
Ducati1199
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default SunCoast Porsche emblem Indoor Cover

When I pulled the cover off the car for the first time it was covered in white dust, obviously from the cover itself. So I washed (ok the wife washed!) the cover per instructions and no machine drying. When I pulled cover off this morning it was dusty again and this time created a large amount of static. So much so that as I wiped the car down you could feel and hear the static discharging. I spoke with Money Matt and he's had no such issues with his. Anyone else got any experience or thoughts with this cover? Txs.
Old 05-08-2015, 11:56 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

After several days with the cover on when I pull it off I can sometimes see some (not a lot) of very fine dust on the car. The thing is, the cover is not waterproof and is breathable so it doesn't seal out everything. Over time, I think it's normal for some of the fine stuff to sift through.

Strange that you're getting so much dust though and the static thing is weird. The two may be related since the static charge could be attracting those little particles. I don't have an explanation and haven't experienced the same issue. You're in Danville so it's not like you're in the desert where humidity is really low and static electricity could be more of a problem.
Old 05-09-2015, 04:28 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ducati1199
When I pulled the cover off the car for the first time it was covered in white dust, obviously from the cover itself. So I washed (ok the wife washed!) the cover per instructions and no machine drying. When I pulled cover off this morning it was dusty again and this time created a large amount of static. So much so that as I wiped the car down you could feel and hear the static discharging. I spoke with Money Matt and he's had no such issues with his. Anyone else got any experience or thoughts with this cover? Txs.
You lost me with "the wife washed". Pics or it didn't happen.
Old 05-09-2015, 01:04 PM
Ducati1199
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by doubleurx
You lost me with "the wife washed". Pics or it didn't happen.
The 918 guys get the smoking hot chicks we get the "good 'uns". I did have to wait until the regular washes were done. She also knows that I'd break the machine!!
Old 05-09-2015, 01:10 PM
Sloopy
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=Ducati1199;12268904]The 918 guys get the smoking hot chicks we get the "good 'uns". I did have to wait until the regular washes were done. She also knows that I'd break the machine!! [/QUOTE

Somehow I totaly understand?
Old 05-10-2015, 08:39 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The going joke around my house is, "I wouldn't even know how to turn the washing machine on". So true and that's the way I like it.
Old 05-10-2015, 09:13 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

This is all normal (fine dust), other than not knowing how to properly use a washing machine.

Is your car nano coated? This is maybe why the extra static when removing cover.
Old 05-10-2015, 12:05 PM
Ducati1199
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LexVan
Is your car nano coated? This is maybe why the extra static when removing cover.
Yes - it was CQuartz'd with Finest two weeks ago. That's an interesting thought. I'll see if it contains to generate a charge after several "on / offs".
Old 05-10-2015, 12:37 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by Ducati1199
Yes - it was CQuartz'd with Finest two weeks ago. That's an interesting thought. I'll see if it contains to generate a charge after several "on / offs".
That's why. FYI. Never cover a dirty car. So, none too much of this "on & off" grasshopper.

Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist
Old 05-10-2015, 03:31 PM
Ducati1199
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LexVan
That's why. FYI. Never cover a dirty car. So, none too much of this "on & off" grasshopper.

Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist
txs. I learned the "only cover car when clean" bit from the forum. At the moment she's only a w/e drive (that will be changing) so I was referring to on/off at w/e's. And I clean her before she gets the cover on. Appreciate the feedback.

Quick Reply: SunCoast Porsche emblem Indoor Cover