Sponsored by:

It's official boys!! 2016 Viper ACR!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 09:03 PM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon70
I bought a viper from Woodhouse in 2002 and they are an excellent dealer. I'm assuming you are referring to them?
Yep
Old 05-14-2015, 10:47 PM
allans
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fastmd
Large deposit. Mine took $1K, but this will be my 4th viper from them. Sept 2015 will be for the ACR lite, the extreme ACR won't open til the fall, what I'm getting. PM me if you want my dealer contact, the best in the nation.
Ditto, same, yes.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:48 AM
kaution321
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rockitman
If PCNA screws me out of an RS...I may need to consider this car.
I wouldn't want to drive a Dodge... Hopefully PCNA secures your RS!
Old 07-17-2015, 09:32 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Old 07-17-2015, 09:32 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/..._drive_review/

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...r-first-drive/
Old 07-18-2015, 02:17 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Extreme aero package? Beast mode in full effect. Why doesn't Porsche offer something like that on the RS?
Old 07-18-2015, 10:29 AM
Keith Verges - Dallas
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Extreme aero package? Beast mode in full effect. Why doesn't Porsche offer something like that on the RS?
I am hoping for some poseurs to buy these and tire of them quickly. But paying full MSRP is still not too bad. I love this car, such a caricature! Having driven the 2010 ACR-X I have great expectations for this car.
Old 07-19-2015, 03:00 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Never have I ever sat in and driven such a large car with such a small place for the driver to exist in and maneuver the controls. One thing for sure is the (last) Viper did a good job of was keeping you in your place. But there is no way anyone could drive a Viper from Los Angeles to Tahoe in any type of comfort.

But get it on a track with the proper tuning and driver then watch the eff out! I can only imagine what Jeremy Clarkson would do during a revue of the new car... Scene's of over-torqued turbo charged AMG Mercedes come to mind. Just go ahead and write off the rear tires! Michelin's right?
Old 07-19-2015, 03:05 PM
Keith Verges - Dallas
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
Never have I ever sat in and driven such a large car with such a small place for the driver to exist in and maneuver the controls. One thing for sure is the (last) Viper did a good job of was keeping you in your place. But there is no way anyone could drive a Viper from Los Angeles to Tahoe in any type of comfort.

But get it on a track with the proper tuning and driver then watch the eff out! I can only imagine what Jeremy Clarkson would do during a revue of the new car... Scene's of over-torqued turbo charged AMG Mercedes come to mind. Just go ahead and write off the rear tires! Michelin's right?
Nope. Bespoke Kuhmos.
Old 07-19-2015, 08:08 PM
est8esq
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GregJGT3
GT3 and Viper ACR. These are 2 different cars designed to achieve the same goal in different ways. If you think the be all end all car is the Viper you are on the wrong forum board.
So, if we say anything complimentary about another marquee other than GT3's I need to leave?

Uh, ok. I guess I'm selling my GT3?

I'll be back after my RS arrives, if I'm allowed?
Old 07-19-2015, 09:09 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by est8esq
So, if we say anything complimentary about another marquee other than GT3's I need to leave?

Uh, ok. I guess I'm selling my GT3?

I'll be back after my RS arrives, if I'm allowed?
yep, CF all over again.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:58 AM
Leadfoot01
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

The Viper is actually shorter than the 991, so I find it interesting to hear about how "big" it is. It does have a long hood that gives the impression it is large--but in reality it is not.

I also find it humorous to see the comments "I would never drive a Dodge"! That right there plays into the stereotypical Porsche "snobbery" perception that pervades the marketplace. I guess I'll chaulk that up to ignorance more than anything else in this case. Anyways, as a pure "track car" proposition that you can still drive on the street, the ACR will be hard to beat. Looking forward to getting mine soon!
Old 10-24-2015, 10:24 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 683 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Vipers are like call girls.

One night, it's fine.

A date? No.

Relationship? No way.

Marriage? NFW.
More like a brown bagger. You need to drink the 6pk and put the bag over her face to get over the ugly looks, just ugly looking car.
Old 10-24-2015, 11:03 AM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 506 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by Leadfoot01
The Viper is actually shorter than the 991, so I find it interesting to hear about how "big" it is. It does have a long hood that gives the impression it is large--but in reality it is not. I also find it humorous to see the comments "I would never drive a Dodge"! That right there plays into the stereotypical Porsche "snobbery" perception that pervades the marketplace. I guess I'll chaulk that up to ignorance more than anything else in this case. Anyways, as a pure "track car" proposition that you can still drive on the street, the ACR will be hard to beat. Looking forward to getting mine soon!
Agreed. Poor taste and bad karma to bad mouth another car guys sports car purchase. They are all great, all different. I'm trying to drive as many as I can. True car guys aren't brand specific. Enjoy your ACR.
Old 10-24-2015, 12:37 PM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
More like a brown bagger. You need to drink the 6pk and put the bag over her face to get over the ugly looks, just ugly looking car.
Would you like to bet if the new ACR is faster around a track vs your turbo cab around any track? Better yet, turn off all nannies and see who is the better driver? Your comment was pointless.

Quick Reply: It's official boys!! 2016 Viper ACR!!!