Sponsored by:

991 sport seat 6 point belts without a subbelt tbar problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 08:05 PM
s996
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Default 991 sport seat 6 point belts without a subbelt tbar problem

I have been working with Brady at schroth for a set of belts are a sort of mixture of all things good

First we need a set that dont crowd the male genital areas, they recommend the hybrid belts without the large metal t bar that fit better In these areas. These slide over the attachment points of the lap belts at the buckle

Second the old profi 2 belts will not bolt onto the lap bolts on the seats in an aesthetic way. This is fixed with the gt3 specific harness that has a special bolt /bracket sewn in for this.

Lastly the new 991 seats are different from the 997 rs seats in that the old sub belts could hang over the front of the seat when not in use and you could drive without sitting on the buckle. Not the case now.

Solution gt3 specific belts with hybrid sub belts. When not in use they are flat on the seat and will not bother you whole driving with the regular 3 point belts

Thanks Brady for helping with the solution

Last edited by s996; 05-06-2015 at 09:47 PM.
Old 05-07-2015, 01:26 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Old belts work fine in the new buckets, just remove the buckle when not in use.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...ub-bars-2.html
Old 05-07-2015, 04:33 PM
s996
Rennlist Member

I agree, no question GT3 belts fit as do the profi 2 belts but unlike the sport seats in the RS where you could remove the pad you cant with the 991 or at least I haven't figured out how to yet and even with the buckle released I was still sitting on that T bar. Is this not what you have? I may have them adjusted wrong and they may have to be "let out" 3-4 inches to get them over the front of the seat.

thanks Montoya
Old 05-08-2015, 08:35 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by s996
I agree, no question GT3 belts fit as do the profi 2 belts but unlike the sport seats in the RS where you could remove the pad you cant with the 991 or at least I haven't figured out how to yet and even with the buckle released I was still sitting on that T bar. Is this not what you have? I may have them adjusted wrong and they may have to be "let out" 3-4 inches to get them over the front of the seat.

thanks Montoya
Read through the link to the thread above, several examples of how to remove the buckle. Once the buckle is removed, the center sub straps can lay flat under the cushion completely out of the way.
Old 05-08-2015, 08:48 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 436 Likes on 260 Posts

Here is an example of a scroth gt3 6 point driver side and a gt3 4 point passenger we did for a customer who opted to not cut a hole into his LWB.
-Dom
IMG_2165 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/people/61989451@N08/]
-Dom

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
Old 05-08-2015, 09:37 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,314 Likes on 799 Posts

Originally Posted by gmgracing
Here is an example of a scroth gt3 6 point driver side and a gt3 4 point passenger we did for a customer who opted to not cut a hole into his LWB.
-Dom
-Dom
That will not pass PCA DE requirements. Is that what your customer intends? And what did you use to attach the sub-belt on the driver's side?
Old 05-08-2015, 10:09 PM
s996
Rennlist Member

Think I would opt for just the six point on the drivers side when one person was in the car and if you want to take a passenger use the basic 3 point standard not the six point

I think this is the legal pca way to do it. You must offer your passenger the same safely equipment that the driver is actively using.
Old 05-09-2015, 01:58 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Think I would opt for just the six point on the drivers side when one person was in the car and if you want to take a passenger use the basic 3 point standard not the six point

I think this is the legal pca way to do it. You must offer your passenger the same safely equipment that the driver is actively using.
I don't think it looks good or is ideal for different restraints for passenger and driver. Honestly cutting a hole in the seat makes the passenger seat just like the driver's seat, structurally it's designed for it. The sub bar from Cantrell is a great solution allowing the use of std Schroth 6 points.
Old 05-09-2015, 03:42 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by gmgracing
-Dom
-Dom
Harness with no antisub mechanism is dangerous, isn't it?
Old 05-09-2015, 05:02 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

This is my plan. Personally I don't want anyone on my passenger seat in a 6 point without a HANS. Keeping the 3-point there helps force that.
Old 05-09-2015, 05:11 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 988 Likes on 511 Posts

As long as both people use the 3 point it's legal in PCA. If you are taking a student it does help throttle throttle you back a bit. At least for me it does.

Harness with no antisub mechanism is dangerous, isn't it?
It is my understanding that the 3 point is designed to rotate the upper body and make it less likely to sub.
Old 05-09-2015, 07:49 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts

If you are wearing a helmet, 3 point belts are safer than any kind of harnesses if the driver is not wearing a HANS. While harnessed with no HANS, your helmet is just ballast on your head - just more weight to torque your neck. Simple physics.

In fact, no helmet at all is safer with 3 point belts in an air-bagged car, than wearing a helmet with no HANS.

Lesson here is that you go all the way or do nothing at all.

Bottom line - all current DE helmet rules are antiquated.
Old 05-10-2015, 11:04 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Serge944
If you are wearing a helmet, 3 point belts are safer than any kind of harnesses if the driver is not wearing a HANS. While harnessed with no HANS, your helmet is just ballast on your head - just more weight to torque your neck. Simple physics.

In fact, no helmet at all is safer with 3 point belts in an air-bagged car, than wearing a helmet with no HANS.

Lesson here is that you go all the way or do nothing at all.

Bottom line - all current DE helmet rules are antiquated.
+1- That is why my HANS belts are on the passenger side since my Nextgen HANS can use std 3" belts. But, absolutely both wear HANS or you both use 3 points without it.
Old 05-10-2015, 01:18 PM
Domkouki
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
That will not pass PCA DE requirements. Is that what your customer intends? And what did you use to attach the sub-belt on the driver's side?
The driver side is DE compliant, the passenger side retains the factory belt for anyone who may be riding along . This customer did not opt to cut the seat.

On. The driver side we have a chassis mounted sub strap mount. I'll follow up with photos if you'd like to pm me
Old 05-10-2015, 01:44 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,314 Likes on 799 Posts

Originally Posted by Domkouki
The driver side is DE compliant, the passenger side retains the factory belt for anyone who may be riding along . This customer did not opt to cut the seat.

On. The driver side we have a chassis mounted sub strap mount. I'll follow up with photos if you'd like to pm me
Just post the pics of the mount on here. I'm sure others are interested as well.

Quick Reply: 991 sport seat 6 point belts without a subbelt tbar problem