Sponsored by:

GT3 vs Viper

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 03:38 PM
est8esq
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by viprklr
Is that you John in the GT3. The Viper was biting at your heels. I'm not ready to "break out" the new GT3 yet at Mid Ohio. Bringing the 996TT next weekend with NNJR.
Yep, it's me!

Thanks to everyone for your comments and criticisms. I'm sitting at an airport in Newark, NJ and these are the very reasons why I love this forum. It creates a great break from the real world.

I want to reiterate how GREAT a person AND driver I feel Ralph is. I'm not even going there about who is "better." I think we'll all agree it's very subjective. What I will comment is that he certainly has much more experience than me and hands down, is a HUGE influence in our world of auto enthusiasts than I'd ever dream. For goodness sakes, he's head of design!!!

Just to be on the same track at the same time, let alone merit his time and attention to post a video of us running because we BOTH had so much fun is in itself a compliment I'll never forget.

For those looking for more detail about these runs we had, earlier in the day he wasn't running good lines and (unbeknownst to me) had Tommy Burns (pro driver) take him around. By the time these videos were taken, he was a very different driver than earlier and took me by surprise. It's also why you're all right that I should have let him by sooner, but again I wasn't expecting it given the earlier run. He sandbagged me

Running these Hoosiers, they're almost 2 seconds slower than the previous tires I've been running and I'm still getting used to these and their limits, but either way Ralph is absolutely TOPS in my book. Like I said earlier, for a track junkie like me I felt like I brushed royalty!
Old 05-08-2015, 07:15 PM
Keith Verges - Dallas
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ralph can drive - I raced with him in 2010 Viper Cup and he surprised he hell out of me. And a genuinely good guy and enthusiast as well. It had to be a great treat to run with him.
Old 05-09-2015, 12:49 AM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 500 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
I thought the GT3 and driver acquitted themselves nicely. The GT3 is competing against a race track set up car with over 200 more hp and an excellent driver. Yet, the driver of the Viper wasn't able to to get the GT3 off his tail.

The drivers of both cars are outstanding.
This ^
Old 05-09-2015, 06:56 AM
amdevo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for sharing
Old 05-10-2015, 11:48 AM
gunnyosu
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ditto! appreciate the video and either of you could teach me a thing or two on the track!
Old 05-10-2015, 01:37 PM
Shrevehorn
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fun to watch -- thanks for posting it!

Quick Reply: GT3 vs Viper