Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cantrell Rollbar Installation

Old 04-29-2015, 11:36 AM
awew911
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 135 Posts
Default Cantrell Rollbar Installation

Ordered my Rollbar from Colin around 3 weeks ago. Had it coated to match car (white). Finally got here yesterday (11 days transport from WA to FL).

I also ordered his new Sub Bars which should be here soon. If you haven't seen them yet, they're on his site now. http://cantrellmotorsport.com/produc...ub-belt-mount/

I also have to say that the level of customer service with Colin is exceptional. Every time I call, I reach him, and every single email is returned VERY quickly. I am confident he isn't there waiting for calls or emails, and it's refreshing to have such great customer service.

I'm going to use this thread as a blog of the installation of both the roll bar and the sub bars.

Old 04-29-2015, 11:51 AM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts

Can't wait. I had mine professionally installed but I would love to see the process.

Jeff
Old 04-30-2015, 02:25 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,478 Likes on 2,268 Posts

let me add to your praise
i have dealt with many vendors in the car business.
colin cantrell is something else.
he gets it right.
if he got it wrong, he will make it right.
i have seen 7 of his bars done in our area. i have not seen another that comes close to the quality and the tolerance his bars are. dare i say PAG should learn from him?!
Old 04-30-2015, 02:29 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 295 Likes on 173 Posts

Will be in his shop on Friday for the install with sub bars and belts too.

Will post it here.
Old 04-30-2015, 02:31 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

^ u need to drive that thing more!
Old 04-30-2015, 02:32 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 295 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
^ u need to drive that thing more!
HA, HA, you too!
Old 04-30-2015, 02:55 AM
SmokinGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 115 Posts

I just did my own install this week and it turned out great. I will say it is more work than I thought it would be. You will need a little help from a buddy and lots of patience. I wanted it perfect and it just took longer because I fretted over every detail. Colin provides installation details which are good and after I meet with him and clean up a couple of areas they will be excellent. I plan to post on the sub bar mount when I get it. These are currently in production and should be available shortly.. Like Mooty said these are the best cages out there so if your interested give Colin a call at Cantrell Motorsports in Bellevue, Wa.
Old 04-30-2015, 02:58 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by montoya
HA, HA, you too!
i got more mileage than you and you got car first.

Originally Posted by SmokinGTS
I just did my own install this week and it turned out great. I will say it is more work than I thought it would be. You will need a little help from a buddy and lots of patience. I wanted it perfect and it just took longer because I fretted over every detail. Colin provides installation details which are good and after I meet with him and clean up a couple of areas they will be excellent. I plan to post on the sub bar mount when I get it. These are currently in production and should be available shortly.. Like Mooty said these are the best cages out there so if your interested give Colin a call at Cantrell Motorsports in Bellevue, Wa.
make sure you get your kids out of the house when you do this. b/c every third word will be a four letter word starting with F and end with K. but then end result is worth it. take a look at how close the bars are to the body shell. some of the custom fab'd cages arent even this close.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:05 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Did you hear an ETA on when the sub bar mounts would be produced and shipped out?
Old 04-30-2015, 03:12 AM
Shahano
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how much does the rollbar weigh???

What is the sub bars?
Old 04-30-2015, 03:36 AM
SmokinGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 115 Posts

Guys I will talk to Colin in the morning and get back to you on the exact timing. He knows there are lots of guys waiting for this final piece including myself. I have seen the mount and it fits perfect and moves with the seat which is what I want.
Shahano the bar weighs 40 pounds +-

Old 04-30-2015, 05:49 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Guys I will talk to Colin in the morning and get back to you on the exact timing. He knows there are lots of guys waiting for this final piece including myself. I have seen the mount and it fits perfect and moves with the seat which is what I want.
Sounds good, thanks! I went ahead and ordered a pair. Just hoping they can actually ship out in the next few days so that they'll arrive in time for an event at the end of next week.
Old 04-30-2015, 09:09 AM
awew911
Rennlist Member

Dupe
Old 04-30-2015, 09:09 AM
awew911
Rennlist Member

I inspected the passenger side seat. There is already a pass through in the cushion, but not in the seat.

How do you lift the cushion? I know it lifts from the rear but appears to be hung up on the pressure bladder.

I plan to Dremel out the opening in the shell.
Old 04-30-2015, 09:39 AM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This looks like the best solution yet. Easy to install, no drilling in the floor. Whether it's as strong a GMG's solution, I don't know. Seems to me it should be adequate.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cantrell Rollbar Installation