Sponsored by:

Track days Europe calendar 2015

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 02:34 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts
Default Track days Europe calendar 2015

I'll be there 25 with Trakcar and Touristdriving 26-27.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:18 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,677 Likes on 779 Posts

Memo to self, stay out of packs and keep eyes up.
Old 08-03-2015, 07:13 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Memo to self, stay out of packs and keep eyes up.
+1

Jump to 1.30

Jump to 1.00
Old 08-03-2015, 07:55 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

oldie but goodie
Old 08-03-2015, 07:55 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 641 Likes on 423 Posts

Anyone here ever been to Dijon, Magny Cours and Paul Ricard?
I could really use some advise...

Paul Ricard gets all kinds of recommendations it but far and I cant get signed up for the Porsche days October 9+10...
After that a couple days in St Tropez could be good than there are 3 days in Dijon:
Thursday+Friday 15+16 Dijon
http://www.yokohama-motorsport.ch/
Followed by a 3rd day with Pistenclub.
Sunday October 18 Dijon
http://www.pistenclub.de/en/events/m...r/2015/10/28/-

Monday+Tusday October 19+20 Magny Cours
http://en.polepassion.net/sorties-ci...nscription.php

On their calendar it looks like Porsche Switzerland has track days 21-24 as well, so maybe I can do 1 or 2 days with them. Website French only.

October 24+25 I want to go to Hockenheim with Porsche Germany.

Maybe I'll skip France entirely and go to Mugello in November.

Cant really find anything else between 15 - 22 except for Spa, and there's nothing wrong with hanging out in Spa...
I have raced at both Paul Ricard and Magny Cours. Both are great tracks but Ricard is really special IMO, especially if you get the full track. Old school track with some exciting turns (Signes is obviously my favorite..., with modern safety. Beautiful part of the world, too. There is a great hotel/spa right across from the track called (appropriately enough) Hotel du Castellet:

http://www.hotelducastellet.net/fr/index.php

Another hotel rec would be down in Bandol on the water at the Ile Rousse. This is where a lot of the F1 drivers used to stay back when Ricard hosted the French GP. Good restaurants all over the region, and the road up to the circuit from the coast is a blast. Just don't overdo it, this is where Frank Williams crashed and wound up paralyzed...

Magny Cours is also a good circuit, but much more modern/technical in feel. Less satisfying but still a treat to drive. Smooth as glass, decent mix of corners. It truly is in the middle of nowhere, so would be surprised if this worked out for you logistically.

If you do wind up getting onto the roster for a day at Ricard, the drive to St. Tropez is very pleasant with some nice villages to stop at along the way for a bite. Hope that helps.

PS Zandvoort is also worth the trip if you can make it, not sure if too far from the rest of your stops or if the timing lines up.
Old 08-03-2015, 08:13 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Thank you signes!

I booked Paul Ricard Oct 9+10 and Hotel Du Catellet (The boss in charge), the hotel and area look very nice. We will have 3 extra days to cruise around St Tropez, the weather will be iffy, but still it should be a treat :-)

Booked Magny Cours as well, near Dijon where I will do 3 track days Oct 15/16+18, so might as well.
I haven't found a secure hotel but after Paul Ricard I will drop off my wife in Lyon so flying solo and I guess I'll just take the track hotel.

Zandvoort was on the list to meet up with my family but it didn't work out on this trip. It would be for November but we have the 6000Km limitation to deal with :-( I'm already scheduled to go over..
Old 08-03-2015, 11:34 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 641 Likes on 423 Posts

Great to hear it. I was there several years ago in October for a wedding and the weather was great. If you have a few minutes it is worth a stroll through le Castellet.

I can't recall right now where I stayed when at Magnt Cours for the weekend but can look it up if helpful. Was always difficult to find a spot during the GP races so I stayed a half hour away in a nice town to the south.

Jealous of Dijon, heard great things about it but never got to drive it.

Can wait to hear about it all!
Old 08-04-2015, 11:20 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Thanks, booked all my hotels last night.
Now all we have to do it wait.

And UPS helmets and all our crap to Germany..

I figure if I still want to be married by October 14th when I drop her off in Lyon, I better take her wherever she wants in St Tropez the days before to make up for dragging wifey from track to track for 3 weeks ;-)
I'll be sure to post some laps if I can get Harry's lap timer to work.
Old 09-14-2015, 03:18 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Getting closer.

I have communicated with Patrick for Oct 9+10 and waiting for registration to open. Everything else is booked.
Only one week before I fly to Germany so hopefully soon.

My Porsche weekend at Hockenheim Oct 24+25 is cancelled, for some reason they only allow permanently registered cars on track. Weird.

At least I have the 23rd to get a taste of Hockenheim.

I can do a Porsche track day at Leipzig Oct 25th, is it worth going? I know its a test track but its fun? The 26th I can hit the Nurburgring again.

I think I can hit the Ring for some tourist fahren the 22nd on my way from Magny Cours to Hockenheim and also service the car at Rinaldi. I'll have the choice of dumping the van and trailer there and just blast to Hockenheim and Leipzig back to the Ring and Zuffenhausen in the RS on fresh rubber

Long *** drives for single track days, but it will be autobahn

Cant find any Spa track days the 22nd or after the 23rd :-(

All suggestions are welcome.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:50 PM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts

I am looking at Spa on Oct 8th I think you are in France at that time but trackday.de still has 36 spots open for the day. My car is finished and I'll know in the AM if ED is a go.......crazy
Old 09-15-2015, 05:14 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

I can do a Porsche track day at Leipzig Oct 25th, is it worth going? I know its a test track but its fun? The 26th I can hit the Nurburgring again.

Been there, it is a nice track. It can be run in various configurations.

I did'n get the chance to drive the cork screw which I was hoping for but I liked the idea of have driving some of the most famous corners in the world.

Take look at this:

http://www.porsche.com/microsite/one...specialguest=0

I stayed here: Which is really close to the track I stayed here to avoid driving in the city.:

http://www.schlosshotel-breitenfeld.de

And by the way: Remember that you need a Feinstaubplakette on your car (Google it). I suppose Porsche get's you one. It is a sticker that allows you to drive in certain cities - without it the police might get interested in you.
Easiest is to get this sticker from a Porsche Zentrum.

Here's a list of cities where it is required:

http://gis.uba.de/website/umweltzonen/umweltzonen.php
Old 09-16-2015, 11:07 AM
jospay1
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello

Use this link for any trackdays in Francorchamps!

http://www.spa-francorchamps.be/en/c...days.php?lg=en
Old 09-17-2015, 03:29 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Thanks Kobalt, for some reason Porsche is the only track day organizer that doesn't allow temp tags from Euro Delivery on track. I'll just find some nice roads between around the Ring and sign up for the Ring for October 26th.

The weather for track days at the Ring and Spa Sept 25 - Oct 1 next week is not ideal, but to be expected.
Attached Images  
Old 09-17-2015, 06:19 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

The weather changes quick there...

Let's hope for the best.

Quick Reply: Track days Europe calendar 2015