Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Temporary Paint Protection for Track Days

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 01:20 AM
GT345
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 79 Posts

So I kind of took this to a level I don't expect others to do, but it works great for me.

I first had a clear bra put on the car in certain places, Full Front, Side View Mirrors, Doors, Rear Quarter Panel (just lower part of it), and top of the Wing.

The thing though at a track the bra will get hit with rock and leave little marks that get dirt buildup very easy, and on my car the lower part of the rear quarter panel gets hit the most, along with the lights can chip from the rocks along the sides as I have seen on other GT cars.

So what I did was buy a 28" Titan vinyl cutter, then took pictures of my car of the area I wanted to protect.

Took those pictures into Photoshop and made a cutout of the areas, then imported that into the Titan software, cut Transparent Vinyl that I can add easily on track day to protect the vulnerable areas even more, and they peal off easy at the end of the weekend which means less tire marks I have to clean on the car.

Below are some pics of the Titan Cutter, my Templates, and the car which you can see looks a lot better then blue tape.

Old 12-07-2017, 02:07 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Old 05-03-2018, 03:31 PM
Bshields22
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would use TrackArmour. I like it more than TrakkTape because its cheaper, and easy to apply and work around odd corners. Tracwrap is good but man is it expensive! I also noticed that TrackArmour removes smooth and quite compared to the others that make that ripping noise you hear from packing tape. Here's the link in case you guys want to check them out.

www.trackarmour.com
Old 05-22-2018, 11:54 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

I have a rally in Europe next week where I'll be behind cars with big diffusers which may throw rocks easily. I'm doing the 2nd phase of European delivery, and my car is still not PFF'd

I'm thinking of ordering this protect and peel product for the one week I'm doing this event.. do people have good experience with it?

Better protect and peel or road warrior plus?
Old 05-23-2018, 12:38 PM
gimp2x
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GT345
So I kind of took this to a level I don't expect others to do, but it works great for me.

I first had a clear bra put on the car in certain places, Full Front, Side View Mirrors, Doors, Rear Quarter Panel (just lower part of it), and top of the Wing.

The thing though at a track the bra will get hit with rock and leave little marks that get dirt buildup very easy, and on my car the lower part of the rear quarter panel gets hit the most, along with the lights can chip from the rocks along the sides as I have seen on other GT cars.

So what I did was buy a 28" Titan vinyl cutter, then took pictures of my car of the area I wanted to protect.
what film material are you using/cutting?

Quick Reply: Temporary Paint Protection for Track Days