GMG Bypass Group Buy is in effect

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 01:17 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts
Default GMG Bypass Group Buy is in effect

Hi All -
I started a GMG group buy - 5 people need to order to get the discount, which is 10%. GMG has been very enthusiastic about our Smokies event, and I ordered a GMG exhaust as a result. (The videos helped push me along!) Mine arrives this coming week!

The normal price is $2100, they are offering it at $1890 in the group buy. If you want it ceramic painted black, that's an additional charge.

Contact Ryan Aubrey @ Ryan@gmgracing.com to order.

I'll post my thoughts once mine arrives!

Here's some info -

GMG 991 GT3 Sport Center Section.

GMG was one of the first tuners to pioneer the “secondary muffler upgrade” known on the market as a “muffler bypass” when the 997 GT3 was introduced in 2007. The GMG sport center section for the 991 GT3 is the next evolution of our proven design. Unlike other similar products on the market which are simply pipes that by pass the muffler, the GMG sport center section is a functional part that works a lot like the factory muffler by equalizing exhaust gas pulses between the left and right side cylinder banks through its unique design.

The key feature is our equalizing chamber which mixes exhaust gases between left and right cylinder banks and equalizes exhaust pulses as the engine fires. The sound is tuned by using a megaphone which is built into the left and right side of the center section as it exits the primary mufflers. This not only improves exhaust note, but also speeds up the exhaust gases exiting the engine.

This unique combination offers the 991 GT3 owner a unique Porsche Motorsport Cup Car esq sound while remaining civil in day to day road use.

Our design was so successful that it was homologated by World Challenge for use on the 997 GT3 cup and is still used on Cup cars racing around the world today.

The center section is available in either the WC-GT with dual 4” tips or our RSR single oval tip, which offers a more aggressive look over the factory tips and are also available in a black ceramic thermal coat as an option.

System features:

Hand Made in the USA.
U.S. made T304 Stainless steel.
Precision TIG welded.
Saves weight over the stock center muffler.
Improves sound throughout the rev range.
Compatible with all stock and aftermarket mufflers.
Does not disable sport button function.
No modifications to vehicle needed in order to install.
Emissions compliant in all 50 states.
Finished in our signature brushed stainless finish as standard.

Available for all 991 GT3 and 997 GT3 /RS Models
Optional: Black Ceramic Coating Available.

Old 04-11-2015, 01:40 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Bought mine a few days ago. I know GMG just got a shipment in so you all will most likely get them fast. I dealt direct with the owner James and he is going out of his way to ensure I am happy.
Old 04-11-2015, 05:35 PM
Road Racin
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

That first pic of the black oval is mine. Love it. But don't get the oval.... I like to be unique
Old 04-11-2015, 05:55 PM
mdkim
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was fortunate enough to attend GMG's Thermal event and got a chance to compare their bypass to my Sharkwerks unit. First, I dig the oval look as not many have it (sorry Road Racin ). At idle, the GMG unit has a deeper growl. Lifting off of throttle, I heard a touch more burbling and gurgling with the GMG unit. At full tilt, it's very hard to discern any difference as they're both loud and phenomenal sounding. I have no clue if either offer any performance gains over each other other than the drop in weight.

With that said, count me in for the group buy. I want the deeper idle .
Old 04-11-2015, 08:45 PM
ToyGuyAZ
Banned

I have the GMG Bypass as well. Here's two vids:

On track:

Launch Control

Old 04-12-2015, 01:24 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 111 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
Hi All -
I started a GMG group buy - 5 people need to order to get the discount, which is 10%. GMG has been very enthusiastic about our Smokies event, and I ordered a GMG exhaust as a result. (The videos helped push me along!) Mine arrives this coming week!

The normal price is $2100, they are offering it at $1890 in the group buy. If you want it ceramic painted black, that's an additional charge.

Contact Ryan Aubrey @ Ryan@gmgracing.com to order.

I'll post my thoughts once mine arrives!

Here's some info -

GMG 991 GT3 Sport Center Section.

GMG was one of the first tuners to pioneer the “secondary muffler upgrade” known on the market as a “muffler bypass” when the 997 GT3 was introduced in 2007. The GMG sport center section for the 991 GT3 is the next evolution of our proven design. Unlike other similar products on the market which are simply pipes that by pass the muffler, the GMG sport center section is a functional part that works a lot like the factory muffler by equalizing exhaust gas pulses between the left and right side cylinder banks through its unique design.

The key feature is our equalizing chamber which mixes exhaust gases between left and right cylinder banks and equalizes exhaust pulses as the engine fires. The sound is tuned by using a megaphone which is built into the left and right side of the center section as it exits the primary mufflers. This not only improves exhaust note, but also speeds up the exhaust gases exiting the engine.

This unique combination offers the 991 GT3 owner a unique Porsche Motorsport Cup Car esq sound while remaining civil in day to day road use.

Our design was so successful that it was homologated by World Challenge for use on the 997 GT3 cup and is still used on Cup cars racing around the world today.

The center section is available in either the WC-GT with dual 4” tips or our RSR single oval tip, which offers a more aggressive look over the factory tips and are also available in a black ceramic thermal coat as an option.

System features:

Hand Made in the USA.
U.S. made T304 Stainless steel.
Precision TIG welded.
Saves weight over the stock center muffler.
Improves sound throughout the rev range.
Compatible with all stock and aftermarket mufflers.
Does not disable sport button function.
No modifications to vehicle needed in order to install.
Emissions compliant in all 50 states.
Finished in our signature brushed stainless finish as standard.

Available for all 991 GT3 and 997 GT3 /RS Models
Optional: Black Ceramic Coating Available.

Sean, we are very proud to be a Sponsor and Supporter of your Smokies Event, I just wish I could get my GT3 out there for it!

Cheers,

James F. Sofronas | President & Owner
Global Motorsports Group ™
E: james@gmgracing.com
P: +1 (714) 432-1582
F: +1 (714) 432-1590
A: 3210 South Shannon Street, Santa Ana, California 92704
W: gmgracing.com
Old 04-12-2015, 08:54 PM
Bartron
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Couple quick questions:

1. How long is the Group Buy in effect?

2. How much extra for the ceramic coating?

3. Is there any concern with the 4" WC-GT tips and heat scorching/melting the bumper?

Thanks James and sgroer!
Old 04-13-2015, 10:55 AM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bartron
Couple quick questions:

1. How long is the Group Buy in effect?

2. How much extra for the ceramic coating?

3. Is there any concern with the 4" WC-GT tips and heat scorching/melting the bumper?

Thanks James and sgroer!

Hi Barton,

Answers below.....

Group buy is open until the end of this week.
Ceramic coating will be an additional $150.00
We have not had any issues to date with the new 4" tips but we recommend a qualified mechanic perform in the install.....I know that is many of you DIY'ers like KYROCKS can do it yourself so it's up to you....

Cheers,
Old 04-13-2015, 02:50 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 436 Likes on 260 Posts

Here is a 991 GT3 with our GMG bypass center section installed! Track tested at the Thermal Club!

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
Old 04-13-2015, 08:09 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

Took the car National Corvette Museum track this weekend. The sound is second to none. By the way, the car is insanely fast and the NCM track is awesome.
Old 04-13-2015, 08:13 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

KYROCKS,

So happy you love the sound, there's nothing like hearing it in person! I finally got my car last week and I can't stop driving it!! The sound is indeed intoxicating with our GMG Center Section........

Cheers,
Old 04-15-2015, 08:23 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 436 Likes on 260 Posts

Bump!

Last edited by gmgracing; 04-15-2015 at 08:55 PM.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:42 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

James I hope nobody choses the RSR oval in stainless finish, I like to be different
Anybody on the fence about a bypass will be getting a solidly made bypass and the customer service from GMG which has been excellent in my experience.

Last edited by 0to60; 04-15-2015 at 08:58 PM.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:51 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

I can honestly say that the customer service has increased exponentially. Thanks guys.
Old 04-17-2015, 01:06 AM
tkoivunen
8th Gear

I like it a lot, and recommend it. The black finish looks great on grey in my opinion.

The tone is noticeably lower, and mine does give a nice pop occasionally at throttle lift. I've missed hearing such since the muffler-less SRT-4..

Quick Reply: GMG Bypass Group Buy is in effect