Sponsored by:

15 GR GT3 Available @ Hennessy in Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 02:35 AM
n13lha
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sportscentury
Yep. I believe only the 2014s can't be CPO'd because they already come with an extra year of warranty.
a CPO just means it has passed an 111point check. All dealer demo vehicles when sold are of the same standard.
E.g brake pad depth, tyre mm, etc all contribute to a CPO.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:45 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by n13lha
a CPO just means it has passed an 111point check. All dealer demo vehicles when sold are of the same standard.
I know what a CPO is, thanks.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:57 AM
mlpor
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by n13lha
Sorry, but in the US, CPO (approved Certified Pre-Owned) means a lot more than that, at least vis-a-vis regular 987's, 981's, 997's etc. IIRC, the cars original warranty is extended to 100K or 6 years, which ever occurs 1st, see, e.g. http://www.porsche.com/usa/approvedu...oved/warranty/

In the past, 997 GT3's were singled out from, and EXCLUDED, at least in the US Market from CPO eligibility, . . . not sure about 991GT3's, but I'm pretty confident that exclusion applies to all 997 GT3 product.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:16 AM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

deleted
Old 04-02-2015, 08:21 AM
911dev
Drifting

Originally Posted by FrstPorsche
It would really suck to buy this used car for 10k over right now. Prices will definitely be going down as soon as RS deliveries start. I would be tempted if it was 10k under msrp.
Why would prices go down once the RSs are delivered? The base price delta is significant. Many RSs will change hands well more than $10k over, which broadens the delta. If anything, RS prices and subsequent release will offer price support for the GT3.

You could be tempted at $10k under, but Hennessy wouldn't be. It'll easily sell over MSRP, especially here.

Well I guess that will be a few extra months before you get screwed then
Why would anyone get screwed? Markets go up and down. Of most any car out there, 991 Gt3s will hold up very well. Yes, there are more than the predecessor, but still few in the scheme of things.

Is this your first Porsche, as you user name illustrates?
Old 04-02-2015, 08:23 AM
911dev
Drifting

Originally Posted by mlpor
Sorry, but in the US, CPO (approved Certified Pre-Owned) means a lot more than that, at least vis-a-vis regular 987's, 981's, 997's etc. IIRC, the cars original warranty is extended to 100K or 6 years, which ever occurs 1st, see, e.g. http://www.porsche.com/usa/approvedu...oved/warranty/

In the past, 997 GT3's were singled out from, and EXCLUDED, at least in the US Market from CPO eligibility, . . . not sure about 991GT3's, but I'm pretty confident that exclusion applies to all 997 GT3 product.
CPO is has a big list of items which need to be met with satisfaction. Iircc, i.e. no more than two panels could have been repainted, etc...

997 GT3s were not excluded in the US. 997.1 and .2s could be CPO'd. Even the RS could have CPO warranty, although expensive @ > $3k.

Last edited by 911dev; 04-02-2015 at 08:39 AM.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:39 AM
FrstPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

No this is not my first Porsche. Yes not everyone getting an RS that has a gt3 will be trading in the 3 but I bet a quite a few will. The smart financial decision will be too. Prices for gt3s are at there highest right now and if you think they will stay there or continue to go up message me and I'll sell you a few things lol. My original point is no way in heck would I buy a used gt3 with 2k miles for 10k over list. I certainly wouldn't buy a new 3 for over list either. To each his own though. You can make the point that some buyers of these cars don't care or worry about money much and may buy it. Understandable and the dealer is taking this bet. It will be interesting to see how long it takes to sell and how long the dealer is willing to sit on it.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:27 AM
911dev
Drifting

No this is not my first Porsche. Yes not everyone getting an RS that has a gt3 will be trading in the 3 but I bet a quite a few will. The smart financial decision will be too. Prices for gt3s are at there highest right now and if you think they will stay there or continue to go up message me and I'll sell you a few things lol. My original point is no way in heck would I buy a used gt3 with 2k miles for 10k over list. I certainly wouldn't buy a new 3 for over list either. To each his own though. You can make the point that some buyers of these cars don't care or worry about money much and may buy it. Understandable and the dealer is taking this bet. It will be interesting to see how long it takes to sell and how long the dealer is willing to sit on it.
i have not nor would ever pay above MSRP for any car either. don't think prices will ascend from here, however, the RS will have little or no impact on current value. you assumed what you wanted from my reply. they may sit on it, but will likely take a bit over msrp. they sold two used 2014 buy backs above as well. time will tell. end of the day, i really don't care. all else being relative, the gt3 represents excellent value now and will continue to have high residuals compared to most every model.

Last edited by 911dev; 04-02-2015 at 11:56 AM.

Quick Reply: 15 GR GT3 Available @ Hennessy in Atlanta