Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 GT3 RS - Confirmed Orders

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 07:58 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Reminds me, i need to get my calipers painted ;-)
Old 07-25-2015, 11:00 PM
Tre
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CanadaRS
Yes and modified as to my build, black wheels, black wing supports, can't wait to put this beside the 1:1 scale model
So the black wing supports are possible on UV?
Old 07-25-2015, 11:05 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Yes, it's a Por$che exclusive option. Or you just paint yourself.
I looked at the car today and the black uprights are flat black / very dark grey. Seems to go with both the platinum wheels and black wheels.
Old 07-25-2015, 11:42 PM
Tre
Racer

Intriguing! The aluminum uprights and wheels on the standard UV scheme were the 2 obstacles for me to choose that color. Okay, and the fact that I've wanted an Orange RS since the 7.1 days! But alas the negativity being drawn to the LO over the last couple days is really making me nervous with my current specs. So the rarity of the UV "and" me being able to match black wheels (I despise cleaning wheels) with the black uprights is really drawing me in. What kind of uber Porsche investment are we talking about for the uprights? I mean if the black wheels (all 4 of them) aren't tremendously outrageous, can Porsche really bend people over for a whopping "2" erector set structures
Old 07-25-2015, 11:48 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Yes they can, I don't remember the number, I want to say around $1800?
But I'll rattle can them for $800 and it will look the same.

BTW the flat black wing tips are badass with an all flat black wheel and uprights car.
For me what I couldn't tell in the pick is how extreme and cool the ducktail, wing, wingplates are. Very complex shapes and beautiful looking.
Old 07-26-2015, 03:12 AM
valex20
8th Gear

I rarely get on here, saw this thread and figured I'd chime in. I took delivery of my RS on July 1st in stuttgart (euro delivery) and drove it for 2 weeks through the alps and to the ring. ~1900 miles later and she went back to stuttgart to start the slow boat process. Really didn't want to give it back!

Feel free to ask any questions. For the record, mine came with dunlop maxx race tires, not the cup 2's. While I don't have a lot of time with the cup 2 tires, the dunlop tires are amazing (1.48g's lateral when on the ring according to the car, not sure how accurate that is) After almost 2000 miles and 8 laps on the ring, the tires wore very well, I'm happy with them for sure.

Pic is on the ring... had to.

Old 07-26-2015, 03:30 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default We knew...

Originally Posted by valex20
I took delivery of my RS on July 1st in stuttgart (euro delivery) and drove it for 2 weeks through the alps and to the ring. ~1900 miles later and she went back to stuttgart to start the slow boat process. Really didn't want to give it back!

...that you were around! I believe you got spotted at Rothenburg ob der Tauber & got posted already on Rennlist! Your reputation precedes you.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...l#post12423047

Congratulations on your European Delivery RS adventure!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Old 07-26-2015, 03:35 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by valex20
I rarely get on here, saw this thread and figured I'd chime in. I took delivery of my RS on July 1st in stuttgart (euro delivery) and drove it for 2 weeks through the alps and to the ring. ~1900 miles later and she went back to stuttgart to start the slow boat process. Really didn't want to give it back!

Feel free to ask any questions. For the record, mine came with dunlop maxx race tires, not the cup 2's. While I don't have a lot of time with the cup 2 tires, the dunlop tires are amazing (1.48g's lateral when on the ring according to the car, not sure how accurate that is) After almost 2000 miles and 8 laps on the ring, the tires wore very well, I'm happy with them for sure.

Pic is on the ring... had to.

congrats and love it that u put miles on the beast. bravo.
Old 07-26-2015, 04:13 AM
valex20
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Z356
...that you were around! I believe you got spotted at Rothenburg ob der Tauber & got posted already on Rennlist! Your reputation precedes you.

Congratulations on your European Delivery RS adventure!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Haha, yes that was me. Fun little place too. Little touristy, but, some neat history. The RS did not, however, like those old roads!
Old 07-26-2015, 09:15 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Did you first have a 991 GT3 or any previous GT models to compare against? Congrats and I'm sure your ED was a memorable one.
Old 07-26-2015, 11:19 AM
valex20
8th Gear

Originally Posted by bronson7
Did you first have a 991 GT3 or any previous GT models to compare against? Congrats and I'm sure your ED was a memorable one.
I've driven and tracked a 997 GT3 and a 991 Turbo S.

Obviously it's night and day with the Turbo S, and the 997 gt3 was so long ago it's hard to really judge.

Feel: The steering was one of the first things I really noticed vs ANY porsche i've ever driven recently. So much road feedback, you really feel everything the tires are doing which was probably one of my favorite things about the car. The 991 turbo S felt so disconnected in comparison.

Tires: I have experience with the cup 2 tires a little bit, and the dunlops seem comparable. I think the dunlops may outperform the cup 2 tires as well, but I can't be sure about that. If the prices are about the same, I'll stick with the dunlops when I need a refresh.

Handling: Very well balanced. Drove the car on some backroads with the stability control completely off and it's hard to believe it's a 2wd rear engine car. Very well balanced, and when any oversteer started to occur, very little throttle input neutralized it. While I usually keep the nanny on when on a track, I don't feel like this car would be a handful with it off at all.

Comfort: Believe it or not, 1900 miles and I don't think it was any more or less comfortable than, say, a turbo S with the cushy seats. I'm a fairly big guy too (220). Sure, after 7 hours in one day, you're ready to get out, but it's nothing like some of the other track oriented cars i've driven where you're ready to scream after about 2 hours. You could easily daily drive this car, no question. My wife didn't complain about the comfort, and she's quick to complain.

Sound: May be the first porsche in years that I don't touch the exhaust. It sounds beautiful as is. It's a bit loud when on the autobahn cruising at ~130, but.... I guess that's to be expected.

Overall I really can't say a single negative thing about the car. Well, maybe one thing, but it's not porsche's fault, and that is we don't get the roll cage in the US. I did not check to see if there were mounting plates though. I had originally thought this car would be 'aggressive' enough that I couldn't drive it during the week but that's absolutely not true. I'm going to get rid of my turbo as I see no need for it now. The RS is comfortable enough and a WHOLE lot more fun even at slow speeds.
Old 07-26-2015, 12:45 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

^^ Thanks for posting!
As much as I expected..

But it is Porsches fault for not making available the CS package in the box!!
Old 07-26-2015, 01:07 PM
wedriveourart
AutoX

interesting my dealer has no clue nor does his rep from porsche n/a there is no info... the last rep got fired for not doing his job(lol)..... starting to be like the weatherman ... you can mess up everytime and still have a job...PORSCHE REPS.... THEY ARE LIKE A SUBSTITUTE TEACHER"
Old 07-26-2015, 01:53 PM
JCO
Instructor

Default 991 GT3 RS - Confirmed Orders

Porsche Leipzig - test cars
Old 07-26-2015, 02:52 PM
JCO
Instructor

Default Porsche Werk Leipzig test cars

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 RS - Confirmed Orders