Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   991 GT3 RS - Confirmed Orders (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/866215-991-gt3-rs-confirmed-orders.html)

TRAKCAR 04-02-2015 01:50 PM

I keep asking around and I'm getting very consistent feed back that the RS production is a very short production run, just one wave of allocations 2016MY and that's it.

If not so, they are coordinating it pretty well and coordinating communication and Porsche doesn't exactly go hand in hand..

There will be a 991.2RS of course so just means you have to wait a little longer..

GreenLantern 04-02-2015 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR (Post 12172558)
I keep asking around and I'm getting very consistent feed back that the RS production is a very short production run, just one wave of allocations 2016MY and that's it.

If not so, they are coordinating it pretty well and coordinating communication and Porsche doesn't exactly go hand in hand..

There will be a 991.2RS of course so just means you have to wait a little longer..

To be honest, I don't think anyone but PAG can say for certain right now... And they aren't saying much except they're keeping a close eye on things.

It is barely April 2015, to say they aren't going to put out any more MY2016 allocations is foolish. Just look at what happened with the 991.1 GT3. I know a few dealers, including some RL sponsors, who got extra allocs at the end of 2014, unexpectedly. Also, what about these surprise 30 PTS cars that there are a couple threads about? :) These are all for a car whose run was supposedly over, and was shortened because of the Stop Sale.

Everything we do or say right now is pure speculation based on non-information or misinformation. That's why I try to stick to the idea that anything is possible and that PCNA likes $$$, so they'll try to convince PAG to send them more cars.

Clocked 04-02-2015 06:16 PM

FYI: Finally picked up my GT3 today from my dealer. Car came in in late December and they stored my car for the winter.

I had a good discussion about the GT3RS (my dealer is the 4th largest in the US). All 8 of their 918 customers ordered a GT3RS. My dealer is NOT getting any more first run allocations. He was very certain there will be 4th quarter 2015 allocations to certain dealers for the non 918 customers. I have provided my build to my dealer and is already in V070 which others have stated is NOT a confirmed order but shows PNA that orders are pending if and when allocations open up.

My personal view, if I get an allocation great and may just store the RS and keep the GT3. If I don't get a RS I have a great GT3.

GreenLantern 04-02-2015 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Clocked (Post 12173340)
FYI: Finally picked up my GT3 today from my dealer. Car came in in late December and they stored my car for the winter.

Nice. Congrats!

I had a good discussion about the GT3RS (my dealer is the 4th largest in the US). All 8 of their 918 customers ordered a GT3RS. My dealer is NOT getting any more first run allocations. He was very certain there will be 4th quarter 2015 allocations to certain dealers for the non 918 customers. I have provided my build to my dealer and is already in V070 which others have stated is NOT a confirmed order but shows PNA that orders are pending if and when allocations open up.

My personal view, if I get an allocation great and may just store the RS and keep the GT3. If I don't get a RS I have a great GT3.

:thumbup::thumbup:

That's the way it's done!

Superman32 04-02-2015 06:41 PM

I have a feeling the rs number will be limited by how long Porsche will make them and parts supply. But I feel there will not be 2017 MY. And production time is short.

GreenLantern 04-02-2015 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Superman32 (Post 12173416)
I have a feeling the rs number will be limited by how long Porsche will make them and parts supply. But I feel there will not be 2017 MY. And production time is short.

It would not surprise me if there was no MY2017. But it would surprise me if it was *not* a full MY2016 run.

Ramping up parts suppliers for a single model year short run is not something that can easily be done, no matter how much clout you have (PAG). This is part of why a lot of "numbered" limited edition cars feel a lot like parts bin exercises. :)

meyerhoffer 04-02-2015 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by GreenLantern (Post 12173422)
It would not surprise me if there was no MY2017. But it would surprise me if it was *not* a full MY2016 run.

Ramping up parts suppliers for a single model year short run is not something that can easily be done, no matter how much clout you have (PAG). This is part of why a lot of "numbered" limited edition cars feel a lot like parts bin exercises. :)

Agree. Would be interesting to know required minimum orders of the roof, fenders and all the plastic parts that need tooling by vendors. 4.0 had relatively few unique parts needing tooling investment compared to 3.8 Ive always suspected the painted wing on 4.0 was rejected carbon parts from 3.8 - why paint a perfect carbon part? 😁 Unless they plan to use many of the same parts on .2 RS I tend to agree with those that think there will be more RS than less in MY 16. Question is how many....

Superman32 04-02-2015 07:14 PM

Are they going to close the factory in summer? Anyone how long they will closed for? :icon107:

997rs4.0 04-02-2015 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Superman32 (Post 12173482)
Are they going to close the factory in summer? Anyone how long they will closed for? :icon107:

They normally close the factory for 4 weeks in July/August. I would think this year is no exception. Sweden has a similar system. I think countries with strong unions for the workers negotiate these summer vacations?

karimgt3 04-02-2015 07:26 PM

This is exactly what i heard.. It might not be the whole 2016 and i'm pretty sure of my source. One wave of production and that's it!

Karim

Superman32 04-02-2015 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0 (Post 12173509)
They normally close the factory for 4 weeks in July/August. I would think this year is no exception. Sweden has a similar system. I think countries with strong unions for the workers negotiate these summer vacations?

British Columbia got 6 allocations.
2 918 orders are going to start make in May.
Mine is going to produce in September and hopefully take delivery in November.

So far I have seen

May build ( 918 guys )
September build
December build

Anyone have a confirmed build month other than these 3?

DucatiSPS 04-02-2015 08:32 PM

I spent some time talking with my GM yesterday. I gave up my RS allocation as I love my GT3, and while the RS will be a track beast, I've switched to mostly DD the car and am happy.

however the conversation was interesting as he had the 918 guaranteed program rules on his desk and we got to talking about them. They apparently are a mess and PAG didn't realize what they were getting into with them. On the GT4, he has 15 people who have put orders down, he's getting 5 cars, 4 of which are going to 918 owners, leaving 1 of 15 orders. Same thing on the GT3RS, right now there aren't over allocations (ie a 918 list and a regular list) there is just a build allotment, which means if the 918 guys take the cars, everyone else is SOL. He's working to convince the 918 buyers who don't want the cars to take the allocation, buy the car, then sell back to him at 10k over MSRP.

right now it's a mess (much like the Ferrari system, which over time has gotten worse and worse, and actually was a main reason I don't buy them anymore) hopefully PAG and PCNA can turn it around to free these cars up.

Oh, and on another point, he had a 918 he bought for the dealership. they then sold it to a customer, and the allocations moved to the customer, not sure if that will happen with owner to owner sales however...

shapiroeric 04-02-2015 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by GreenLantern (Post 12172651)
It is barely April 2015, to say they aren't going to put out any more MY2016 allocations is foolish. Just look at what happened with the 991.1 GT3. I know a few dealers, including some RL sponsors, who got extra allocs at the end of 2014, unexpectedly. Also, what about these surprise 30 PTS cars that there are a couple threads about? :) These are all for a car whose run was supposedly over, and was shortened because of the Stop Sale. Everything we do or say right now is pure speculation based on non-information or misinformation. That's why I try to stick to the idea that anything is possible and that PCNA likes $$$, so they'll try to convince PAG to send them more cars.

I agree.....too early....

I just remember calling a local dealer for a GT3 at the end of August and getting laughed at.....then calling again for one more shot and telling them I'm ready to one on an allocation in NJ but would like to keep my business local....laughed at again and telling me no way they can get a car.....wish I asked for his name.....I would do the Pretty Woman thing when she goes back in the store and says "you work on commission?, big mistake, huge!"

Bandit201 04-02-2015 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by DucatiSPS (Post 12173675)
I spent some time talking with my GM yesterday. I gave up my RS allocation as I love my GT3, and while the RS will be a track beast, I've switched to mostly DD the car and am happy.

however the conversation was interesting as he had the 918 guaranteed program rules on his desk and we got to talking about them. They apparently are a mess and PAG didn't realize what they were getting into with them. On the GT4, he has 15 people who have put orders down, he's getting 5 cars, 4 of which are going to 918 owners, leaving 1 of 15 orders. Same thing on the GT3RS, right now there aren't over allocations (ie a 918 list and a regular list) there is just a build allotment, which means if the 918 guys take the cars, everyone else is SOL. He's working to convince the 918 buyers who don't want the cars to take the allocation, buy the car, then sell back to him at 10k over MSRP.

right now it's a mess (much like the Ferrari system, which over time has gotten worse and worse, and actually was a main reason I don't buy them anymore) hopefully PAG and PCNA can turn it around to free these cars up.

Oh, and on another point, he had a 918 he bought for the dealership. they then sold it to a customer, and the allocations moved to the customer, not sure if that will happen with owner to owner sales however...

Unfortunately OWNER to OWNER 918 sales will not get the RS allocation. Per PCNA.

:grr:

NateOZ 04-02-2015 09:48 PM

I don't believe that they got no non-918 allocations. I've spoken to a number of dealers that all sold multiple 918s and all got at least 2 allocations. My dealer sold 5, all getting the RS and got 2. Another dealer of a friend of mine sold 9 918s, all took RS, dealer got another 3.