Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 GT3 RS - Confirmed Orders

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 07:20 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

A spot exchange rates, here's the current MSRPs in a few different markets in Euro:
Germany: $151,408
UAE: $155,453
Canada: $151,722
USA: $162,787

US spec cars also cost PAG a little less to produce (no Lexan and no club sport).
Old 04-18-2015, 10:02 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ZachMartin
Really?!?! One of the top selling Porsche dealerships in the world says we will only get 600 GT3RS to the United States. Shiiiit. They must be fudging the numbers to sell more cars. That can't be true..... We should trust the opinion of an anonymous forum troll. (he said with an amazing amount of sarcasm)
Originally Posted by ZachMartin
I agree, some things can change, some will stay the same. I can only go off of my feedback from my manager, my regional manager and Mr. Lawrence.

Not claiming to have crazy insider information or know the guy/team that makes the call on production numbers. Just giving my thoughts from having my *** planted in a dealership every day.
None of those people are the actual decision maker - I think that's what you're missing. I'm not accusing you of being dishonest, but you're not looking at the larger picture. And yes your dealership has been very open on the $50k premium you're after, as have others, but I'm not sure how many of those cars remain unsold today.

VW has a massive problem with the US market (sales down 10% in 2014 and already 5% 2015 YTD), so much so that the group CEO's job is now on the line. Who knows what they'll do, but I expect if they can show great growth in Porsche and Audi sales to offset the dismissal performance at VW in the market it helps a CEO sell a story to investors.

Not to mention it now having the highest profitability due to currency movements.

I got my slot on the first round of allocations at MSRP, so I'm probably better off if there isn't another round, but my money is on at least 1,500 RSs for the US. We were told the GT3 was going to end in 2014, but now it looks like at least another 330 cars for the US this year.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:28 AM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 110 Likes on 56 Posts

I've been trying to figure out why some people on here think the 991RS will be limited to 600 cars for the US market?

Please educate me,
Old 04-18-2015, 10:34 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Dealers have been told no more allocations.. That's their story and they are sticking to it.
Until they get more allocations.
Old 04-18-2015, 08:03 PM
SDGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 28 Posts

I will say that the banter on this forum does get entertaining. I don't understand why everyone refuses to believe the people that report what their dealer tells them, instead of what others hypothesize. First, I will say that I am one of the fortunate ones to have a V200 allocation at MSRP. My dealer is in the top 5 dealers of US and has told me on MANY MANY occasions that a run of about 600 cars will be made for US with a December cut off for production. Also, there MAY be a few straggler cars built reward cars for one or two top dealers. (Hence not making it a fixed limited run car). 228 of the 600 are going to 918 owners that may take them or sell their allocation back to the dealer, making some of those pre-ordered cars available but likely heavily optioned for dealer resale. Now it may be just me, but my story seems to mimic many others with dealer/Porsche connections which leads me to believe that there maybe some truth to it. While it probably makes everyone feel better thinking Porsche will flood the US market with Halo cars, if you are really interested in acquiring one, you should get serious about finding an allocation for sale. I cannot say all this with absolute certainty as none of us can, but if there is strength in numbers, you have to go with the story mostly repeated.

Good luck for all those either getting one or trying to get one. I have been on the wrong side of the $HIT sandwich in the past and I know how it is.
Old 04-18-2015, 08:51 PM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 48 Posts

Just spoke with SA and GM of dealership and confirmed V200 for November build and January delivery. Says that unlikely that build date will change unless PTS comes through then could be delayed. hey say that my PTS order of A-1 Black should have a decision in the next couple of weeks
Old 04-18-2015, 09:20 PM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Received 374 Likes on 211 Posts

On the other thread 2016 GT3 was just approved for more allocations. Doesn't make sense to not keep making GT3s but not RS.
Old 04-18-2015, 09:30 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SDGT3
I will say that the banter on this forum does get entertaining. I don't understand why everyone refuses to believe the people that report what their dealer tells them, instead of what others hypothesize. First, I will say that I am one of the fortunate ones to have a V200 allocation at MSRP. My dealer is in the top 5 dealers of US and has told me on MANY MANY occasions that a run of about 600 cars will be made for US with a December cut off for production. Also, there MAY be a few straggler cars built reward cars for one or two top dealers. (Hence not making it a fixed limited run car). 228 of the 600 are going to 918 owners that may take them or sell their allocation back to the dealer, making some of those pre-ordered cars available but likely heavily optioned for dealer resale. Now it may be just me, but my story seems to mimic many others with dealer/Porsche connections which leads me to believe that there maybe some truth to it. While it probably makes everyone feel better thinking Porsche will flood the US market with Halo cars, if you are really interested in acquiring one, you should get serious about finding an allocation for sale. I cannot say all this with absolute certainty as none of us can, but if there is strength in numbers, you have to go with the story mostly repeated.
I don't think it's a matter of believing the dealers... Most of us do. What we don't believe is that the information is absolute. Most of this info is correct "right now" and is subject to change. PAG has historically proven that this stuff, unless the cars are limited/numbered, doesn't stick. Just look at the 991.1 GT3 for example.

PAG likes money. PCNA likes money. They're in the business of making more money, at insane profit margins relative to their competitors. They're going to keep doing that.

Originally Posted by SDGT3
228 of the 600 are going to 918 owners that may take them or sell their allocation back to the dealer, making some of those pre-ordered cars available but likely heavily optioned for dealer resale..
This is strictly forbidden under the 918 Spyder VIP program. They'd have to take delivery of the car, thereby turning it into a pre-owned car... which is entirely possible.

Originally Posted by poofyo101
On the other thread 2016 GT3 was just approved for more allocations. Doesn't make sense to not keep making GT3s but not RS.
+1
Old 04-18-2015, 10:15 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

I don't believe anyone.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:59 PM
dark knight
Drifting

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

The GT3 and RS may be the greatest enthusiasts Porsches ever made, kudos to Porsche for making more of them so more people can feel the joy, im happy to hear there are more GT3 allocations coming and more RS allocations is great news, I hope we all can get one or two, hahaha, be happy enjoy it, its a car to be loved and driven, not a commodity
Old 04-18-2015, 11:19 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,791 Likes on 2,159 Posts

I do believe what the dealers are saying but what they are saying is the here and now. They have NO CLUE what PAG will do in a 3 months, 6 months, or 12 months. Dealers are on a need to know basis and PAG will let them know when they feel like it. My money is on more GT3s and more RSs due to the low exchange rate and high demand. Build baby build!
Old 04-18-2015, 11:30 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I do believe what the dealers are saying but what they are saying is the here and now. They have NO CLUE what PAG will do in a 3 months, 6 months, or 12 months. Dealers are on a need to know basis and PAG will let them know when they feel like it. My money is on more GT3s and more RSs due to the low exchange rate and high demand. Build baby build!
This ^^
Old 04-18-2015, 11:53 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kyrocks
I don't believe anyone.
+1
Old 04-19-2015, 02:00 AM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

december build, january delivery is what I am being told on my RS.
Old 04-19-2015, 02:35 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Koolaid thread! They will build more, just like they've done before. Everyone who wants one will get one, minus one. The car hasn't even been released....doesn't this all sound familiar, or is it just me?

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 RS - Confirmed Orders