Sponsored by:

exhaust / bypass - which one to choose?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 12:28 PM
vf430
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
On regular streets and quite neighborhoods, how loud do you find the car with the side muffler bypass? Would it bug my next door neighbors if I start the car at 600 am? I assume it is much louder than just the third muffler bypass, correct?
Sam , Its quite loud at low rpm since it has no valve open/close feature anymore. To me its tolerable , very comparable to my 430 and Scud with valves open. My rationale was at $950 its a good price /good quality from a reputed local company , they build cup car engines fabricate good stuff. Its bit more aggressive than Shark (I like Alex and his service as i have been their past customer). I am not willing to pay 2k or more for marginal differences in sound quality....the only radical exhaust which has Ferrari/Lambo sound is IPE.
But i am not sure about them ...so i went this route instead of something which is 3 times cost but basically the same sound quality. Hopefully i will find some time to make a good quality video so you guys can hear it.

Initially i was very underwhelmed by the sound quality of the car , this exhaust fixed all the lack of sound issue! Downshifts are far more pronounced , overall character improved to where i wanted it to be. Its very similar to my scud in many ways now.

Pics of my car exhaust install below.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/bbiaut...7651083032947/
Old 03-26-2015, 01:55 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,772 Likes on 4,772 Posts

Originally Posted by NateOZ
I like to stick to the Germans, so for me if I'm on a budget I would get one of the Cargraphics systems, if not I'd go with Akrapovic.
Another German option (which I also like to stick to) is M&M, which you can buy here in the U.S. via FVD. (And which fellow uber-Rennlister, Money, is already exploring and going to test out for us.)

As for Akra, pricing for their new Evo line has come out. It's a full exhaust system.
Full Evo line $13,850
Full Evo Race $11,1780
I believe the Race setup is catless (but I could be wrong).

Cheers.
Old 03-26-2015, 02:02 PM
odwa
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by wvick
Looking for a system myself. I think I would prefer the side muffler delete as it saves a lot of weight. I would also like to use the on/off button to keep the flaps permanently opened or closed on demand. I gonna see what Money2536 comes up with before I pull the trigger. Looks like he is peeling the onion on these exhaust systems.
I'm with you, I still want the option to open and close the exhaust. I currently think the best option is the Cargraphic Bypass Pipe set, it enables full function, keeps aero intact with the center muffler undisturbed, drop weight of 38lbs. and increases HP and torque through the range.
Old 03-26-2015, 02:07 PM
Superman32
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the exhaust system that I want. I also want their 100CEL cats. http://teamspeed.com/forums/gt/64497...st-review.html

But I email stef. They have no plan to make for 991 gt3 and rs any more.
Europipe is only making for turbos now.
Old 03-26-2015, 02:33 PM
Money2536
Race Car

Received 228 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Superman32
This is the exhaust system that I want. I also want their 100CEL cats. http://teamspeed.com/forums/gt/64497...st-review.html

But I email stef. They have no plan to make for 991 gt3 and rs any more.
Europipe is only making for turbos now.
Sharkwerks has that for us already. But I'm sure it's mega loud and droney. http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=339
Old 03-26-2015, 02:41 PM
pelo911
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by odwa
I'm with you, I still want the option to open and close the exhaust. I currently think the best option is the Cargraphic Bypass Pipe set, it enables full function, keeps aero intact with the center muffler undisturbed, drop weight of 38lbs. and increases HP and torque through the range.
you mean that one?

Old 03-26-2015, 03:39 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by vf430
Sam , Its quite loud at low rpm since it has no valve open/close feature anymore. To me its tolerable , very comparable to my 430 and Scud with valves open. My rationale was at $950 its a good price /good quality from a reputed local company , they build cup car engines fabricate good stuff. Its bit more aggressive than Shark (I like Alex and his service as i have been their past customer). I am not willing to pay 2k or more for marginal differences in sound quality....the only radical exhaust which has Ferrari/Lambo sound is IPE.
But i am not sure about them ...so i went this route instead of something which is 3 times cost but basically the same sound quality. Hopefully i will find some time to make a good quality video so you guys can hear it.

Initially i was very underwhelmed by the sound quality of the car , this exhaust fixed all the lack of sound issue! Downshifts are far more pronounced , overall character improved to where i wanted it to be. Its very similar to my scud in many ways now.

Pics of my car exhaust install below.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/bbiaut...7651083032947/
Awesome, thanks.
Old 03-26-2015, 03:55 PM
odwa
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by pelo911
you mean that one?

Yes
Old 03-26-2015, 04:28 PM
RossL
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Another German option (which I also like to stick to) is M&M, which you can buy here in the U.S. via FVD. (And which fellow uber-Rennlister, Money, is already exploring and going to test out for us.)

As for Akra, pricing for their new Evo line has come out. It's a full exhaust system.
Full Evo line $13,850
Full Evo Race $11,1780
I believe the Race setup is catless (but I could be wrong).

Cheers.
Those prices are way above what I would pay for a 911 exhaust. I expect those prices for Ferrari but for Porsche....wow! Maybe I'm cheap but I personally don't want to spend anywhere near this price just to change the exhaust note...
Old 03-26-2015, 05:34 PM
Gotboost?
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any drone with the BBI unit?

So if I am understanding this correctly, the side muffler deletes create a louder and higher pitch exhaust note versus the center muffler bypass?
Old 03-26-2015, 06:14 PM
nlpamg
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This Cargraphic one sounds like a good option. I'm interested in it. Anyone have one?

I like the BBi, but I don't want it crazy loud and I want to keep the functionality of the button and valve.
Old 03-26-2015, 06:58 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RossL
Those prices are way above what I would pay for a 911 exhaust. I expect those prices for Ferrari but for Porsche....wow! Maybe I'm cheap but I personally don't want to spend anywhere near this price just to change the exhaust note...
Well, the same setup for a 991 911 is around 10k, before tax, shipping and install.

This is, after all, Akra. The company that has their own titanium processing plant and actually bends their titanium exhaust pipes as opposed to simply welding the joints like the rest of the world.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:07 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Well, the same setup for a 991 911 is around 10k, before tax, shipping and install.

This is, after all, Akra. The company that has their own titanium processing plant and actually bends their titanium exhaust pipes as opposed to simply welding the joints like the rest of the world.
Yep - it's a Rolex vs a Sieko vs a Timex argument. All 3 do the same job, just need to pick you budget.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:10 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NateOZ
Yep - it's a Rolex vs a Sieko vs a Timex argument. All 3 do the same job, just need to pick you budget.
C'mon, let's be fair.

More like a Patek versus an IWC versus a Panerai.

No one here is making a Timex.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:13 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Someone is - that's what the car comes with

Quick Reply: exhaust / bypass - which one to choose?