Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thank you everyone!
Old 03-23-2015, 11:38 PM
aznkuja328
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DMoore
The trunk release in a 911 is electric, and I suspect the rear deck release is electric as well. I hear noises when I hit the release, but the deck doesn't open. I suspect the latch is misadjusted, but I'm not sure how they'll get it open to readjust it. I've no idea what a "gold meister tech" is, but their technicians certainly appear to be competent. The only problem I've ever had that they didn't fix was an issue with an intermittent stumble with the PDK on my 991S; and even multiple visits from Porsche zone reps didn't fix the problem. I can't blame that on Walter's. They have Porsche loaners - I've driven 911's, Caymans, Boxsters, Panameras and Cayennes. I've haven't gotten a Macan yet, but I'm sure that's just a matter of time. They have a limited number of loaners, though, and for the most part they send people to an Enterprise rental shop across the street in their Mercedes showroom. They'll pick up the bill, and it's usually an A4 or a C300. I haven't modified any of my cars, but I've seen lots of modified cars there and I don't think it's a problem. DMoore '15 GT3 '13 Panamera GTS
thanks a lot for sharing!
Old 03-24-2015, 02:41 AM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by aznkuja328
For those GT3 owners in SoCal, which dealership did you service your car at? And how was the experience? Will you consider the number of Gold Meister Technicians as a determining factor? I have had bad experience with dealership service before (scratchy car wash, damaged front lip, overfilling engine oil), but they are Mercedes/ Audi. I know independence service is another choice to avoid dealerships, yet I would love to know if there is an excellent Porsche dealership for servicing the GT3 in SoCal area. Thanks and cheers!
Depends on your location but I have been servicing our Porsches at Beverly Hills Porsche for years. Erik Patino is terrific - very diligent and thorough. Highly recommended.
Old 03-24-2015, 02:46 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,091 Likes on 2,339 Posts

I had leaky power steering lines replaced under warranty by Walters even though I had mods on the car. Contact Adrian Madrid, he was really great and kept me posted on a regular basis (parts took a few weeks to get to the dealer from Germany).
Old 03-24-2015, 10:52 AM
Matt-R20
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 59 Posts

I use McKenna, love the flat bed service. Just avoid the car wash as they just don't get it back to level it comes in at.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:40 AM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Walter's is definitely mod friendly, they have ordered a bunch of 991 exhausts from BBi. If you are near them, go there.

I go to BH for my service since Walter's is generally too far away for me to drive when the car is having a problem. Erik Patino is great.

I've had my car at DTLA Porsche once. I ended up with a non-Porsche loaner and a dent in my window trim. They replaced the trim, so no harm done but it could have been a lot worse if the part wasn't something easily replaceable.
Old 03-24-2015, 02:25 PM
mcipseric
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Walters.
Old 03-24-2015, 04:27 PM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Received 328 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by SMGT3
Beverly Hills Porsche sales gets a bad rap and deservedly so, but the service department has been pretty good. I've serviced my 996 Cab, 2012 Cayenne S, 2011 Panamera Turbo and now my 991 GT3. Jason Hallmark has been my service rep for all of my cars. Stand up guy. Good choices for loaners, caymans, boxsters etc.
Jason Hallmark is GREAT. He's been my service advisor at BH Porsche for 12 years. If you use BH, you cannot go wrong if you contact him.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:37 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

I have so far been pleased with Rusnak Pasadena. Oil change done. I purchased a splitter that they're storing for me. It was a bit pricy but I got a small discount. They're storing the piece for when I'm ready to install and that is very nice. Jon, the service director seems really straight up and I enjoy speaking with him. So far, my service tech Scott has been totally professional too. And, I'm told I can buy from Sun Coast and they're happy to do the work.

I've got wheel and tire insurance so, we'll see how that turns out down the road if needed. Overall, I'm happy. But, I'm tagging this thread incase something changes.

Molotov, Munchkin, Moose.

Dan (tags)
Old 03-24-2015, 05:54 PM
Skibum1963
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by U OLD DOG
I would not let Circle Porsche work on my tractor...
I hear they only have meister techs for the tractors. You should be fine.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:03 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Msmatt
I use McKenna, love the flat bed service. Just avoid the car wash as they just don't get it back to level it comes in at.
I had a Tiptronic transmission let go on my wife's 5-month old 997, which we leased from them, and they handled the situation extremely poorly. First and last time for their service department.

Switched to Pacific after that, and they were great until they replaced their service managers, then it all went downhill.

Nothing good has ever come of a visit to BH Porsche sales, service, or parts. Which sucks, because they are most convenient.

The LA area dealers are one reason I let my Spyder go, and have not actively pursued another new Porsche.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:46 AM
Matt-R20
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 59 Posts

Alan, thats unfortunate, I can't imagine the dealers keeping me away from the brand, especially for service given the reliability I have experienced in all my Porsche stuff is pretty good.

Quick Reply: Preferred dealership to service the GT3 in SoCal