Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Story Behind the PTS 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' & 'Fashion Grey' gt3s!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 12:02 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by MM3.9GT3
Congratulations. You went looking for a Unicorn, and found one.
Yes...I guess!

Originally Posted by neuroguru
By the way, congratulations on finding and obtaining your unicorn. Enjoy in good health.
There is that Unicorn theme again! Is that a coincidence or what?

Originally Posted by R.Deacon
Eduardo little green button is lit so , he is either typing "THE REST OF THE STORY" or he got mugged
at his lap top
I got mugged by reality when I was a kid growing up in Cuba...that was a hard lesson I never forgot. That's why I am a 'conservative' today & hold on to my values.

Originally Posted by bronson7
Eduardo I'm excited for you, well done and you certainly deserve it. I realize there's still more to the story, so I'm waiting patiently. I was always hoping for a PTS car when I placed my order only to be turned down, but I'm confident something good will still come my way to make up for my loss. I guess we'll see. Maybe my "good" was just being able to get one of these special cars.
Listen, I been reading some of these responses and I think there are apparently other Unicorns out there. Some of these guys seem to be familiar with them. Me, I have been through the desert on a horse with no name. It felt good to be out of the rain. In the desert you can remember your name 'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain. But funny as it may seem now, I never saw a damn unicorn on any of those wild bronco rides!

Originally Posted by R.Deacon
Z356
Eduardo big congrats to you on a PTS new 3 just awesome ; thanks as always for all your colorful contribution and education, I admire your persistent dedication and sharing it so with all to learn from.
Thanks, Deacon!

Originally Posted by Peterfirst
Hi Eduardo:

You are the man! You deserve it big time

Congratulations from Germany!!!!

Peter
Thank you sir! Saludos to everyone in the Fatherland!

Originally Posted by NelsonF
Very helpful and informative. I'm certainly interested in finding one of these cars!
Well, look for them. I think there are still a number of them out there and available if you search hard enough!

Originally Posted by fastmd
What a great story. You deserve to get that car. I wish I was so patient. When my PTS was cancelled for my GT3 I was pissed, but bought anyway. I am holding out for the GT3 RS PTS even though I have an allocation, will not pay this amount of money and settle again. Looking forward to some tips on securing a PTS GT3 RS!!!
That is the problem with being known as Mr. PTS. If you end up buying a 'White' gt3, or anything any of the other standard color offerings, the homies in the neighborhood start loosing all respect for you! So you have to keep up appearances! Carmel is one tough 'barrio', bro!

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
Well Eduardo....I have not been on Rennlist very long and am new to Porsche but I must say if there is anyone here that deserves one of these cars it is you.....a big congrats and a definite reward to hard work and research....

I anxiously await the response and I believe a lot of PCNA credibility, at least in my book, hinges on it.....we all work very hard to earn money to afford their vehicles and silence on this issue would be a big slap in the face.....

Thank you for your time and dedication in helping members obtain a PTS car....I hope the head of PCNA has as much dedication to his customers as you do.....
I too believe that Detlev or someone at PCNA will respond. I will post the entire email I sent to Detlev von Platen next week and you guys can judge for yourselves my intentions in reaching out to him!

Originally Posted by OCturbo
Interesting story. Congrats on getting a pts gt3!
Muchas gracias!

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Congrats Eduardo. If anyone deserves a PTS in their dream color it's you.
Thanks ipse. What are the statistical chances that if Porsche were to pick three random colors from the approved PTS list to paint this batch of gt3s, one of them would be my favorite 'Signal Green' hue! That is...'divine intervention' my friend!

Originally Posted by PeteyDaddy
Awesome. Congrats Eduardo. There is justice in this world!! Can't wait for pics.
Petey, there is no justice in this world. Otherwise I be cute like Richard Gere and rich like Bill & Hillary Clinton...oh, we have come such a long way from Hope, Arkansas!

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
Congrats on your new green gt3 Eduardo! And thanks for sharing all this information! Can't wait for the rest of the story.
Me too!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 03-23-2015, 12:05 AM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

LOL, Eduardo! Love your "America" lyrics reference!
Old 03-23-2015, 01:34 AM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

Congrats, enjoy it. I will look for the GT3 Unicorns on my upcoming factory tour.
It is supreme justice you will be a repeat owner of a Signal Green PTS Porsche once again.

Henry
Old 03-23-2015, 01:44 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Echo chamber here... But this is wonderful justice , so happy for you Eduardo.
Old 03-23-2015, 01:46 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by KenU
Eduardo,

With honest tenacity and perseverance, along with trying to help others, comes rewards. You certainly deserve this one!

I, personally, would be shocked if you were to get a response from Detlev (sp?).

Congrats again and thank you for all the work you've done in revealing (exposing) all these back-room shenanigans by PAG.

^sorry John for using the same word to describe PAG's actions here as I was writing my post, didn't see it. "if the shoe fits..."
the power of internet is way bigger than chemical or nuclear weapon. in the 21st century wars are won by words.

when this blog goes viral..... you think toyota had an PR issue....

didnt WSJ just published an article about porsche wanting to stay exclusive? i understand the writer is quite accomplished. perhaps someone should direct him to this thread. far more interesting read than the demise of canadian dollar and yellen's possible increase of rates
Old 03-23-2015, 02:12 AM
UAEGT3
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats Eduardo, amazing story with a rewarding finale.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:17 AM
GregJGT3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Eduardo congratulations on your PTS 991. I was hoping you were able to score a car at MSRP. Though Mckenna has always treated me well for 20 years I cannot condone, nor would I pay, over MSRP.

We will be in Carmel for the Monterey races all of August and rent a house for the month a stones throw from your beach abode. Hopefully we will connect in August or September for Rennsport. I will keep my eye out for that very special green car!!

Last edited by GregJGT3; 03-23-2015 at 03:22 AM.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:22 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm a little late to congratulate you, Eduardo... But congrats! I'm really happy for you. Will continue following along on this thread.

I once fought a similar battle for a competitor's supercar (not over paint, though, but over allocations and pricing). Took it all the way to the CEO. Had a similar outcome.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:49 AM
aboodchy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just spent the last half hour ignoring my calls at work to read this thread congrats!!!
Old 03-23-2015, 03:20 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,801 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Congrats Eduardo, if anyone deserves a PTS GT3 it's you. Thanks for the undercover work. Someone who take this BS that PAG/PCNA/Stealerhips are playing with their customers when it comes to PTS GT3s. It's really annoying. Too bad every won't refuse to pay over MSRP and vote with their wallets (some people have the money to pay over MSRP). I just hope that one day we will get to buy what we want and not deal with such BS.
Old 03-23-2015, 03:23 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Too bad every won't refuse to pay over MSRP and vote with their wallets (some people have the money to pay over MSRP). I just hope that one day we will get to buy what we want and not deal with such BS.
Having the money has nothing to do with it.

But, yes, +1.
Old 03-23-2015, 03:44 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,801 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
Having the money has nothing to do with it.

But, yes, +1.
I know, it's the principal of the matter. I could pay over MSRP for an RS but I refuse to do so because I don't want the car that badly and I work too hard for my money. If the car is hot, then PAG/PCNA should bump the MSRP up instead of letting dealers charge those "market adjustment" premiums. Maybe Ferrari has it right after all. I love GT3s and all, but all these games are making me think about picking up a fiat.
Old 03-23-2015, 03:52 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I just read this entire thread. First, Eduardo, let me thank you for doing such diligent work on this topic. It's obviously for the love and enthusiasm that you have for the car as well as your willingness to help others. NOBODY deserves to get the PTS car they want more than you do and I'm glad that you are getting it, congrats you truly deserve it and glad you're getting it at MSRP like ALL new cars in my opinion should be. This thread is like a Grisham novel and I can't wait for the next chapter. I don't know what the outcome of your communications with PCNA/PAG will amount to, but I certainly hope they address the over MSRP issue and do it transparently. I have no problem with dealers/PAG/PCNA charging crazy jack for cars that used to fall under the Sunderwunche (Special Wishes) program of many years ago. Those people paid premiums to have a car custom tailored to exactly how they wanted their cars. So to make extra money in those ways to me is fair game. It's the dealers that are charging premiums for cars on their lots or order books (Rusnak 40K over sic) that really upset me. I can't wait to hear your following chapters up to and including the GT3RS PTS situation. Hopefully Porsche realizes (more importantly, even cares), that in today's business climate of the information age, you need to be more transparent in your dealings with your clientele and when dealing with such high dollar amounts, they need to show that their customers are not only appreciated, but walk away with having parted with such a large sum of money and still smiling.

Staying tuned in for the next episode!
Old 03-23-2015, 07:10 AM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 709 Likes on 336 Posts

Congratulations on securing your PTS car!! I'm sincerely happy for you.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:43 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Anyone interested in a PTS 'Gulf Blue' gt3?

PTS Alert for those still looking...

Apparently there is a 'Gulf Blue' gt3 available at Porsche Townson in Maryland. Customer ordered 'Golf Blue' (whatever that is?) and got the nicer 'Gulf Blue' instead. If that is the case, this gt3 will go fast so caveat lector, carpe diem and all that jazz.

"GULF BLUE! Ooooops! I went buy the Porsche of Towson dealership today
and sitting on the showroom floor was this! I said, "WOW....Gulf Blue in the
flesh!" To which the sales manager said, "Yeah ugly ain't it?.... Customer
ordered GOLF BLUE (which is closer to Sapphire Blue and very rare apparently)
Needless to say customer ordered it 2 years ago and it finally got here.
What's very strange is that everything was triple checked and paint samples
sent to Germany just to make sure nothing went wrong. And Murphy showed
up! Oh boy. So here it sits if anyone is interested. I don't know if there is a
waiting list on it, but I think the customer who ordered it may be waiting to see
what PAG will do for him. Can you say RS allocation?
If interested call Porsche of Towson, Peoples Republic of Maryland"

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...-and-gets.html

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Quick Reply: The Story Behind the PTS 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' & 'Fashion Grey' gt3s!