Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice Needed

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 05:25 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 348 Likes on 176 Posts

The dealer's only obligation to you is to refund your deposit. There's always fine print in any contract, implied or stated, but you know that. FYI the dealer buys the car from PCNA who has to get it from PAG. Your contract is with the dealer not Porsche. Good luck w/ the litigation.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:15 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

^ Yep - spend your time trying to find another allocation or short list. Or just hang tight and work with Inside Car Connection in a few weeks.

Some dealers are shopping allocations at the moment - more will become available as the market calms down and the second set of allocations come through.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:20 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NateOZ
^ Yep - spend your time trying to find another allocation or short list. Or just hang tight and work with Inside Car Connection in a few weeks.

Some dealers are shopping allocations at the moment - more will become available as the market calms down and the second set of allocations come through.
Have you heard any word on when round two of allocations start ? My dealer thinks it will be 6 weeks away...
Old 03-21-2015, 06:55 PM
mdkim
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rockitman
Have you heard any word on when round two of allocations start ? My dealer thinks it will be 6 weeks away...
I was told a few months...who knows .
Old 03-21-2015, 06:58 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by ATXGT3
^^This. People who are sue happy are the reason our court systems are so backed up. I can hear the judge now...."case dismissed"
I'm sure the judge will move the case of someone not getting his GT3RS to the front of the line....,
Old 03-21-2015, 07:04 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
I'm sure the judge will move the case of someone not getting his GT3RS to the front of the line....,
Well I hear a bunch of people are suing for no PTS...so that might take priority
Old 03-21-2015, 08:49 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 152 Posts

I would call the GM remind him of the commitment. If he brushes you off then I would try to find an allocation elsewhere. Perhaps there will be another batch. If not it's just a car.
Old 03-21-2015, 09:09 PM
CGT000
Burning Brakes

Received 104 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
I guess you are not too verse with how the legal system works.
Old 03-21-2015, 09:12 PM
CGT000
Burning Brakes

Received 104 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by carcommander
I would call the GM remind him of the commitment. If he brushes you off then I would try to find an allocation elsewhere. Perhaps there will be another batch. If not it's just a car.
That's what I am planning to do on Monday. Thank you for making a meaningful suggestion instead of a silly jab.
Old 03-21-2015, 09:33 PM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Only a letter with a signature of the GM or GSM would matter. An apology would be necessary though.
Old 03-21-2015, 09:40 PM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Received 374 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by rockitman
Dealer told me they would be lucky to get anymore before the end of the year. Not sure what to believe at this point.
Old 03-21-2015, 10:05 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

I'm sure you are frustrated. It is just a car, but if you indeed have a signed letter then I would talk to the GM. As SamfromTX said, the legal action is not worth it in the long run. I would look for another allocation as well. Get on the list of a few dealers. This won't be a limited car and I believe you will get one especially next year when more allocations will be given.
Old 03-21-2015, 10:05 PM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Personally, I'd call the GM on Monday, make sure your conversation is pleasant in tone. Say nothing of litigation until he begins to tell you the things that you're expecting but don't want to hear. Which will basically be that he's effing you because he see's higher dollar signs or trying to give the slot to someone who he thinks will be a regular in their service department. If the conversation starts heading that direction, then remind him that you have a WRITTEN statement of the letter that you're happy to provide him a copy with. Also bring in the threat of speaking with someone at PCNA (preferably do your due diligence and use a name of a person over at PCNA who may actually have something to do with dealer allocations, because if you have an actual name rather than just threatening to go to PCNA, then it gives the impression that A. you already have a relationship with them and B. that you're dead serious and this isn't your first rodeo). When/if you do end up having to send a copy of the written letter to the GM, then make sure in the email, to cc your attorney (so the GM see's that you mean business) as well as someone over at PCNA. Dealers while quite idiotic and short sighted, also are not stupid and don't want to flirt with losing future allocations. Also, include a pic of your CGT just to show them, that you're exactly the clientele that they want to keep happy. Even though you might not have a 918, you may be interested in purchasing their next halo car, so leaving a bad taste in your mouth is counter intuitive. That being said, threaten them all you like, but when it comes down to it, it should be fairly easy for you to get an allocation elsewhere, but it might not be at MSRP and it may be for a later build than you'd like.
Old 03-21-2015, 10:23 PM
allans
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know through cases i'v heard about at my Dealer, that once any threat is made the conversation ends. For me, any threat would be a LAST resort. Good luck.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:28 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by allans
I know through cases i'v heard about at my Dealer, that once any threat is made the conversation ends. For me, any threat would be a LAST resort. Good luck.
I agree. Threats are really pointless.

Quick Reply: Advice Needed