Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harnesses installation questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 05:38 PM
Nodrip
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like previously said, you can adjust the substraps at the anchor point.

The problem is that you may need to detach them to do it... It's so tiny in there...

Also, is your substraps crossed? The dealer installed mine in this way...
But I didn't find anything about it in Schroth instructions...

Another thing disturbing about those substraps : they are quite short, you may barely reach the 10cm of extra belt that is "required" from Schroth insctructions...
Old 03-18-2015, 05:55 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks
I purchased the new GMG sub strap mount, but haven't received it yet. I'll let you know how it goes. Seems to be only 0.4" off the ground and have several mounting points for comfort.
Do these bolt to the seat and follow the seat when it moves?
Old 03-18-2015, 06:59 PM
rosino
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nodrip
Like previously said, you can adjust the substraps at the anchor point.

The problem is that you may need to detach them to do it... It's so tiny in there...

Also, is your substraps crossed? The dealer installed mine in this way...
But I didn't find anything about it in Schroth instructions...

Another thing disturbing about those substraps : they are quite short, you may barely reach the 10cm of extra belt that is "required" from Schroth insctructions...
I saw something at the anchor point.. there seem to be some minor extra belt to be used but indeed could fiddle properly. Car is going back tomorrow as they had "forgotten" to install the passenger side and we shall try to improve the situation.

From what i could see they are NOT crossed on mine but will confirm tomorrow
Old 03-18-2015, 07:48 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 110 Likes on 56 Posts

I wouldn't trust the dealer to install my harness. If you haven't done it before look it up at YouTube and follow instructions. The last thing you want in an accident is to have the straps looped the wrong way.
Old 03-18-2015, 07:56 PM
BLUdog
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I purchased the new GMG sub strap mount, but haven't received it yet. I'll let you know how it goes. Seems to be only 0.4" off the ground and have several mounting points for comfort.
Kyrocks please post pics of your sub strap mount once it's in. Are you having someone do it for you or DIY? Feedback on comfort and functionality appreciated as well.

Thanks
Old 03-18-2015, 08:43 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

I can answer some of the questions above, but I will allow the designer of the mount at GMG, Eric Cheney to explain the product. His email is eric@gmgracing.com.
They seem to be a lot safer than the Brey-Krause ones that mount to the seat. B-K is also developing something similar as well, I believe.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:47 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by BLUdog
Kyrocks please post pics of your sub strap mount once it's in. Are you having someone do it for you or DIY? Feedback on comfort and functionality appreciated as well.

Thanks
My dealer will be installing. The tech doing it is a racer himself so I will get him to snap some photos during the install.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:48 PM
johnr265
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

Had anyone tried the GT2 seat sub bar? Does that fit?
Old 03-19-2015, 12:36 AM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can answer some of the questions above, but I will allow the designer of the mount at GMG, Eric Cheney to explain the product. His email is eric@gmgracing.com.
They seem to be a lot safer than the Brey-Krause ones that mount to the seat. B-K is also developing something similar as well, I believe.
So that means, you slide the seat and the substraps may need to be adjusted. I can see doing that for the driver based on preferred seat position...I guess the passenger will have to deal. I am not happy about that solution but agree it may be safer in the ultimate impact.

Quick Reply: Harnesses installation questions