Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GR - My wait is also over, now the fun begins

Old 03-15-2015, 07:56 PM
911khc
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GR - My wait is also over, now the fun begins

After the 18 month roller coaster ride waiting for my GT3, and spending endless hours almost everyday the last year and a half reading this forum, my guards red GT3 is now home in my garage. Every night this last week since the car arrived at the dealer I've been like a little kid on Christmas Eve, very little sleep and much excitement. I took delivery last Tuesday and had the car shipped straight to my detailers for full paint correction, 3M Pro Series wrap (full front, rockers and rear impact areas) and cQuartz. These guys did an absolutely amazing and meticulous job on the car. The GR pops beyond belief and the 3M Pro Series film is practically invisible. I could, and should, start a new thread just on the 3M film, it is just that good!
Anyway, the car was trucked to my house late Thursday and between work and the weather not cooperating, it had to sit in the garage until this afternoon. Mind you, I took many a trip to the garage just to stare at this automotive art that I can now finally call my own.
This afternoon the sun came out briefly and the temperature was a few degrees above freezing, off i went on the inaugural drive. A short 100km drive on the back roads, mindful of keeping the revs down until I can get some more miles on it. This is going to be as hard, if not harder, than the 18 month wait for the car.
The car is everything I could ask for and had hoped for...LOVE LOVE LOVE this car... and I've only had a very small taste of what is in store in the days, weeks and months ahead.
A few obligatory photos of yet another GR GT3, and crappy iPhone photos at that. Once the weather gets better I will be taking lots of good photos with decent backdrops and will post some of the better ones.
Attached Images      
Old 03-15-2015, 08:02 PM
DES GTS
Pro

Received 172 Likes on 107 Posts

A very sweet ride indeed. Enjoy!
Old 03-15-2015, 08:03 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Gorgeous, even on an iPhone. Congrats! With GR, who needs Lava orange?

I hope you get some good driving weather soon so you can start to enjoy that beauty.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:06 PM
BLUdog
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Fantastic looking 3! Agree with the 3M film as I've had this put on mine and its by far and away the best product out there.

Congratulations. Please post interior pics as well.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:12 PM
911khc
Track Day

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Gorgeous, even on an iPhone. Congrats! With GR, who needs Lava orange?

I hope you get some good driving weather soon so you can start to enjoy that beauty.
Thanks Mike, and btw thanks again for your advice/ opinion last year to steer me to the Platinum wheels instead of gloss black, and i did end up getting lift as well.
As far as the weather, I am hoping for this brutal winter to soon end. I've been to L.A., San Diego and Phoenix at various times so far this year on business and i keep asking myself.. why am i still living in the great white north?
Old 03-15-2015, 08:21 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

The GR is phenomenal.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:21 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Huge congrats! You love it now...just wait. Start running through the up/down shifts with paddles at high revs...oh momma!!!!

Report back on that bad boy--go enjoy her!
Old 03-15-2015, 08:22 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 919 Likes on 530 Posts

congrats
Old 03-15-2015, 08:23 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

nice!
where are you located with the snow still around?
Old 03-15-2015, 08:25 PM
irish guitar
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

That's sweet. Snow, not so much. Enjoy!

Vivian
Old 03-15-2015, 08:29 PM
911khc
Track Day

Originally Posted by BLUdog
Fantastic looking 3! Agree with the 3M film as I've had this put on mine and its by far and away the best product out there.

Congratulations. Please post interior pics as well.
I have always been unhappy with film on my previous Porsche's, the cheap and cheerful dealer applied stuff. With the 3M Pro Series it is like there isn't any film on the car, the optical clarity is amazing. The partial coverage on the rear impact areas are the only spots where the film isn't wrapped around an edge, but you need to be within a foot of these spots and look at just the right angle under bright sunlight or angled fluorescent lights to even tell where the film edge is. Several others were also amazed at looking at the film on my car while in the detail shop, including a guy who has multiple exotics with competitor wraps. The first comment everyone made after "seeing" the 3M on my car, (after we had to point out the coverage areas to them) was... "the film is much thinner" which it is not, all the films are 8mil, the 3M Pro is so clear and lacking any orange peel that it tricks the eye into thinking it must be thinner.
I'll get to some interior shots soon, once i do my first mods and remove the ugly visor stickers and the stickers on the backs of the LWBs. My detailer also put cQuartz on the carbon fiber parts of the LWBs and the carbon fiber piece in the engine bay, what a difference!
Old 03-15-2015, 08:34 PM
911khc
Track Day

Originally Posted by kfmcmahon
nice!
where are you located with the snow still around?
Toronto area, and we had the coldest February in history and a few abnormal snowfalls this year. Usually there are only trace remnants by this time of year. Oh well, must be patient for another week or two, heading to Negril at the end of this month for some beach therapy, by the time we get back it should be all gone and the GT3 will be become DD for the next 8 months
Old 03-15-2015, 08:44 PM
CGT000
Burning Brakes

Received 104 Likes on 57 Posts

WOW. Iconic Guards Red. Majestic.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:46 PM
Ducati1199
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's the reddest red picture I've seen! Not sure why but it looks banging! Congrats.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:55 PM
WildBill
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Absolutely beautiful, congrats and enjoy!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GR - My wait is also over, now the fun begins