Sponsored by:

The modegrau / Fashion grey thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 10:11 AM
biglare
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
Cool pics. How were you able to get the factory pics? I'm sure most RL's would love to see their factory build pics.
It is not normal process to get factory photos. I asked the BMW Individual Leader I was working with and he said he would request that they take a few photos for me, but could not promise me. Much to our surprise they were able to take some photos for me. I think because this special order was 9-months in the making with 3 delays they may have felt compassion and wanted to at least let me get an early look at the new M3.

I was super excited to see the factory photos and the bonus photos while outside awaiting transit to the M-Individual Studio.

Old 03-22-2015, 10:38 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by biglare
Thank you for this posting as I have been searching for Fashion Grey for over a year now and there was not one single go-to place online, but now there is!

I have not yet graduated to a Porsche yet, so I placed an order for another M3. I previously have ordered an M3 Individual color from BMW, which is similar to the Porsche paint to sample program. After going back and forth on several colors I finally decided on Fashion Grey. Much to my surprise BMW accepted my Individual color request and the wait for the build began. I have not taken delivery yet, but hope to in the next 3-4 weeks.

I also wanted a custom interior color so that process also took some time. The final result was a two toned blue/silver interior with contrast stitching. After searching through several sites for Fashion Grey and seeing several Porsche interiors I must say that this helped inspire me to decide on this interior color scheme.

Thank You Porsche owners for your help in making my new M3 very special, even if it is not a Porsche. My next car may very well be the 991 GT3 as I believe it is the perfect street car that you can take to the track.

Anyway, here are all the photos that I have at the moment as I have not taken delivery yet.

I can post more photos once I take delivery!
Hey Biglare- I remember you from M3 Post. Congrats on your beautiful Individual M3! I would say you should come over to Porsche, but the PTS program sucks! Enjoy the new car when it arrives and make sure to post some more pics, it is a very subtle and beautiful color.
Old 03-22-2015, 11:17 AM
otisdog
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm…where did the last four days of posts go? Is pcna's influence that strong? Have they turned it into a bmw thread?
Old 03-22-2015, 11:19 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

^^^^ I think you're thinking of the other post listed down the way discussing the new flood of PTS GT3's??

Last edited by STG; 03-22-2015 at 11:40 AM.
Old 03-22-2015, 11:50 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by otisdog
Hmmm…where did the last four days of posts go? Is pcna's influence that strong? Have they turned it into a bmw thread?
Originally Posted by STG991
^^^^ I think you're thinking of the other post listed down the way discussing the new flood of PTS GT3's??
Otis: Some of the discussion, or speculation, re: 'Fashion Grey/Modegrau' gt3's that are being allocated to US dealers is found on this other thread I started a few days ago (as STG991 also pointed out):

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...hion-grey.html

I will later today post the full 'story', as I know it, re: these additional PTS gt3's allocations that have mysteriously appeared at US dealers in recent weeks. Hopefully some of you will find it interesting & worthwhile reading. Look for a new thread on this subject later today!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 03-22-2015, 12:04 PM
otisdog
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup, Ive had my coffee now and realize the error of my ways….
Old 03-22-2015, 01:37 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by biglare
Thank you for this posting as I have been searching for Fashion Grey for over a year now and there was not one single go-to place online, but now there is!

I have not yet graduated to a Porsche yet, so I placed an order for another M3. I previously have ordered an M3 Individual color from BMW, which is similar to the Porsche paint to sample program. After going back and forth on several colors I finally decided on Fashion Grey. Much to my surprise BMW accepted my Individual color request and the wait for the build began. I have not taken delivery yet, but hope to in the next 3-4 weeks.

I also wanted a custom interior color so that process also took some time. The final result was a two toned blue/silver interior with contrast stitching. After searching through several sites for Fashion Grey and seeing several Porsche interiors I must say that this helped inspire me to decide on this interior color scheme.

Thank You Porsche owners for your help in making my new M3 very special, even if it is not a Porsche. My next car may very well be the 991 GT3 as I believe it is the perfect street car that you can take to the track.

Anyway, here are all the photos that I have at the moment as I have not taken delivery yet.

I can post more photos once I take delivery!
I'm glad you found this thread and hope you get your car soon. Thanks for the photos and please post more. As for the delays, I'm curious what the causes were. As you probably know, we've had our share of delays with the GT3 and had trouble with our Paint to Sample program. Would you mind sharing your impressions of the BMW Individual program? Again congratulations on your new car, and enjoy!
Old 03-24-2015, 02:00 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Just found this new highly personalized Turbo S in Fashion grey with two-tone Espresso/Cognac leather interior for sale from Porsche Roslyn, NY. These photos are a fairly accurate representation of the colour. IMO fashion grey also works very well with the chrome accents of the TTS for a more dressed up look. This versatility to pull off elegant or modern (as we'll hopefully soon see with the blacked out (LEDs, wheels) accents on the 10 Fashion grey GT3s to come) is what intrigues me about this colour.

Here are the link and some photos from the TTS ad:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-...m=201313191161

Old 03-24-2015, 02:11 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Link to the 10 additional Fashion grey GT3s referenced above (at the time of this writing, the ongoing saga of 30 new PTS 991 GT3s was in full swing, the details chronicled in this fascinating thread by RLer Z356):

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...grey-gt3s.html

(definitely worth a read)
Old 03-24-2015, 02:18 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Does anyone know more details about this 918? It may be Fashion grey, although it is also listed elsewhere as being Sport Classic grey (which I had understood was not approved for any cars since its first and only appearance on the 997 Sport Classic). Thanks!

Old 03-28-2015, 03:54 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Here is a link the thread where RL user rollsroy just announced that he nabbed one of the extra allocation PTS Fashion grey GT3s!!! Congratulations!

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...er-in-may.html
Old 03-28-2015, 04:19 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Today I decided as part of the break in process, I'd go for a nice drive out to Osoyoos, BC, Canada, along Highway 3 (Crows Nest). It is about 400 km one way, plus some detours and stops, so shy of 500 km, and I doubled it by including the return trip too.

The route leaves the Trans Canada (large divided highway / freeway) just past Hope, BC. It is from Hope, eastward, that it really gets nice. From there the terrain is generally alpine and traverses the Cascade mountains (some still snow-capped at this time of year) with some great twisty sections between Hope and Princeton, especially around the East Gate area. The speed limit is between 90 and 100 kph, but the tightest of turns have recommended speeds as low as 40 kph (you can go faster through these turns in a GT3). You'll pass through E. C. Manning Provincial Park (http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/exp...pgs/ecmanning/). Here the scenery is beautiful with nice vistas through mountain and valley, and the narrow roadway is generally in good condition (it is largely single lane, with passing lanes on the uphill sections often, although there was some construction already underway just east of Hope).

Past Princeton, the geography changes quickly. Travelling through the Similkameen valley, and often following the river of the same name quite closely, the evergreen trees thin out and give way to orchards (with farmers stalls in Keremeos) and grass fields. The landscape becomes increasingly arid as you approach Osoyoos, and then it turns to desert (yes, Canada has deserts too!). Osoyoos is the southernmost extent of the Okanagan wine region, and travelling north will take you through Oliver, Penticton (for you Ironman triathletes), and Kelowna.

Overall, this is a very pleasant drive, with relatively little traffic, although in the summer there are more people on the road of course. Winter road closures may occur as the mountain areas may be impassable due to weather conditions. But today was just perfect!

I took a number of photos, including in the mountainous areas, in the dry scrub, and along the orchards which are starting to blossom. These photos will show you the range of colours that Fashion grey can take on in different outdoor lighting, as well as show off a bit of the beautiful scenery and driving roads we are lucky to have in BC, Canada. Here's hoping some of you will get to drive beautiful BC Highway 3 some day!!

Old 03-28-2015, 04:25 AM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

Daniel - those are beautiful pix!
Great post!

Is that the US millworks plate holder?

Henry
Old 03-28-2015, 04:27 AM
anonymous918
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

amazing photos... amazing car... can't wait until mine arrives.
Old 03-28-2015, 09:42 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by <3mph
Today I decided as part of the break in process, I'd go for a nice drive out to Osoyoos, BC, Canada, along Highway 3 (Crows Nest). It is about 400 km one way, plus some detours and stops, so shy of 500 km, and I doubled it by including the return trip too.

The route leaves the Trans Canada (large divided highway / freeway) just past Hope, BC. It is from Hope, eastward, that it really gets nice. From there the terrain is generally alpine and traverses the Cascade mountains (some still snow-capped at this time of year) with some great twisty sections between Hope and Princeton, especially around the East Gate area. The speed limit is between 90 and 100 kph, but the tightest of turns have recommended speeds as low as 40 kph (you can go faster through these turns in a GT3). You'll pass through E. C. Manning Provincial Park (http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/exp...pgs/ecmanning/). Here the scenery is beautiful with nice vistas through mountain and valley, and the narrow roadway is generally in good condition (it is largely single lane, with passing lanes on the uphill sections often, although there was some construction already underway just east of Hope).

Past Princeton, the geography changes quickly. Travelling through the Similkameen valley, and often following the river of the same name quite closely, the evergreen trees thin out and give way to orchards (with farmers stalls in Keremeos) and grass fields. The landscape becomes increasingly arid as you approach Osoyoos, and then it turns to desert (yes, Canada has deserts too!). Osoyoos is the southernmost extent of the Okanagan wine region, and travelling north will take you through Oliver, Penticton (for you Ironman triathletes), and Kelowna.

Overall, this is a very pleasant drive, with relatively little traffic, although in the summer there are more people on the road of course. Winter road closures may occur as the mountain areas may be impassable due to weather conditions. But today was just perfect!

I took a number of photos, including in the mountainous areas, in the dry scrub, and along the orchards which are starting to blossom. These photos will show you the range of colours that Fashion grey can take on in different outdoor lighting, as well as show off a bit of the beautiful scenery and driving roads we are lucky to have in BC, Canada. Here's hoping some of you will get to drive beautiful BC Highway 3 some day!!

Had the pleasure to visit Osoyoos in September 2013. Absolutely gorgeous area. Had the opportunity to play some golf and you felt like you were in Arizona. The wineries I toured along with the in house restaurants were simply memorable. Great short trip, would definitely go again.

Quick Reply: The modegrau / Fashion grey thread