Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The modegrau / Fashion grey thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 05:04 PM
GregJGT3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=<3mph;12122733] Pricey, but I conceded on the cost as I was expecting to pay over $200K for the car including options and taxes anyway (costs more in Canada, plus recall our dollar was worth ~80 cents on the US dollar, so we get a relative break there).QUOTE]

Unfortunately, if you are Canadian, that is $0.80 USD to $1 Candian or $1.25 Candian to every dollar US. Makes the buy in Canada a tough one. Not much of a "break."
Old 03-16-2015, 09:11 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Both Eduardo and <3mph; all of your post's regarding the PTS colour Modegrau have been truly educational and informative. I would love to know how many hours you spent doing all this research. I applaud you both. Well done.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:54 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
Both Eduardo and <3mph; all of your post's regarding the PTS colour Modegrau have been truly educational and informative. I would love to know how many hours you spent doing all this research. I applaud you both. Well done.
Thank you, bronson7. I bet it took Daniel quite a bit of time to put his dissertation together. It was wonderful indeed! My part took only .2 seconds since I am just a computer - a HAL 9000 - and have access to all of this esoteric information in a New York Second. The later is define as the shortest possible measurement of time. Standardised as the time between the lights turning green and the NYC taxi behind you beeping his horn! That, as most New Yorkers will recognized, is the definition of a 'short measured time'!

By the way, Bronson, your first name wouldn't happen to be Dave by any chance?

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 03-16-2015, 10:07 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by GregJGT3
Unfortunately, if you are Canadian, that is $0.80 USD to $1 Candian or $1.25 Candian to every dollar US. Makes the buy in Canada a tough one. Not much of a "break."
As it turns out, this is one of the rare times when we pay a little less here north of the border. Base price is $148.8k cad which works out to roughly $116k usd at today's rates. About a $14k discount! Usually we pay more up here but I think prices were set while the loonie was at or above parity.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:10 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Thanks. I am not sure exactly since a lot of the photos were collected over the last two years. But maybe about 5-10 hours worth of enjoyable time altogether. I learned a lot along the way. So time well spent for me!
Old 03-16-2015, 10:18 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Z356
Thank you, bronson7. I bet it took Daniel quite a bit of time to put his dissertation together. It was wonderful indeed! My part took only .2 seconds since I am just a computer - a HAL 9000 - and have access to all of this esoteric information in a New York Second. The later is define as the shortest possible measurement of time. Standardised as the time between the lights turning green and the NYC taxi behind you beeping his horn! That, as most New Yorkers will recognized, is the definition of a 'short measured time'!

By the way, Bronson, your first name wouldn't happen to be Dave by any chance?

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Sorry Eduardo not Dave, but surprisingly that's my brother's name. I'II keep you guessing for a bit.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:30 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

charles?
Old 03-16-2015, 10:33 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Sorry Eduardo not Dave, but surprisingly that's my brother's name. I'II keep you guessing for a bit.
Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
charles?
Yes, that's the ticket!

May he rest in peace.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 03-17-2015, 03:20 AM
<3mph
Drifting

I have some news for you on PTS 'Fashion Grey' gt3's...as in plural.
From an earlier post. Anything you can share with us?...

Bronson's already holding us in suspense.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:55 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by <3mph
Not yet. I am first trying to put together all the pieces in a puzzle. But will try to keep you 'au courant', as you guys say in Québec!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 03-17-2015, 09:14 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by <3mph

Bronson's already holding us in suspense.

Actually Eduardo's name is close, just drop the first three and replace the r with an l.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:58 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Not yet. I am first trying to put together all the pieces in a puzzle. But will try to keep you 'au courant', as you guys say in Québec!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 03-17-2015, 10:01 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Actually Eduardo's name is close, just drop the first three and replace the r with an l.
Got it!
Old 03-22-2015, 09:48 AM
biglare
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Default New M3 in Fashion Grey

Thank you for this posting as I have been searching for Fashion Grey for over a year now and there was not one single go-to place online, but now there is!

I have not yet graduated to a Porsche yet, so I placed an order for another M3. I previously have ordered an M3 Individual color from BMW, which is similar to the Porsche paint to sample program. After going back and forth on several colors I finally decided on Fashion Grey. Much to my surprise BMW accepted my Individual color request and the wait for the build began. I have not taken delivery yet, but hope to in the next 3-4 weeks.

I also wanted a custom interior color so that process also took some time. The final result was a two toned blue/silver interior with contrast stitching. After searching through several sites for Fashion Grey and seeing several Porsche interiors I must say that this helped inspire me to decide on this interior color scheme.

Thank You Porsche owners for your help in making my new M3 very special, even if it is not a Porsche. My next car may very well be the 991 GT3 as I believe it is the perfect street car that you can take to the track.

Anyway, here are all the photos that I have at the moment as I have not taken delivery yet.

I can post more photos once I take delivery!

Here is a link on Bimmerpost as well--> http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1090320

Renderings from BMW Individual before the build started

Factory floor photos

Don't worry, the center console is not complete as car needs to go to Individual Studio for final interior pieces to be installed, including blue leather center console.

The following users liked this post:
unclejosh (11-20-2021)
Old 03-22-2015, 10:05 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Cool pics. How were you able to get the factory pics? I'm sure most RL's would love to see their factory build pics.

Quick Reply: The modegrau / Fashion grey thread