Sponsored by:

OT: Seeking Some Advice from my Rennlist Buddies

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 11:37 PM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by 1pvr
How about "MoneyOnCars.com"? Works on a few levels.
Dang it man! Just when I was settled. I like that idea.
Old 03-18-2015, 02:10 PM
1pvr
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ Personally, I like it. Uses your internet car "name", which already has some cache. Would allow you to still use your previously titled videos. You're talking about cars, but it also can be interpreted as spending money on cars, which we all do, and which is sometimes the point of your vids. Additionally, an internet search on cars will list your site. Finally, the name flows and is easy to say and remember. It's kind of catchy.

Money and Cars...something all guys can relate to.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:04 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 28 Posts

Moneyoncars sounds good, but that name is already linked to Floyd "money" Mayweather. He has a massive car collection as well as a massive bankroll that is soon to get 100 million larger.
Old 03-18-2015, 06:35 PM
1pvr
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jon70
Moneyoncars sounds good, but that name is already linked to Floyd "money" Mayweather. He has a massive car collection as well as a massive bankroll that is soon to get 100 million larger.
Figures. The only name that would have been better than MoneyOnCars.com, is MoneyOnCarsAndGirls.com . That combines even more of our usual interests into one site...
Old 03-18-2015, 07:29 PM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Matt,
Chase the challenge!!! You have great passion. It will be fun watching you. Consider some of these: MoreMan.com, MoreCars.com, MoreMoney.com, MoreLife.com, MoreGarage.com, MoreFamily.com etc etc The marketing side of me thinks you use the "More" from your name and simply choose nouns that explain the interest. Good Luck
Old 03-21-2015, 11:26 AM
SnoBdrAK
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 31 Posts

A little late to the game, but another suggestion for you Matt: MoreMoneyLessProblems.com

Although a bit long, it conveys a number things all in the URL: play on your name, play on your online name/identity, conveys what you're trying to do (help people), and is a twist on a common saying (mo' money, mo' problems)
Old 03-21-2015, 11:52 AM
Checkmate
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 45 Posts

Money,

As I read your story, I have a lot in common in terms of my blue collar upbringing and hard work that continues to be my mantra in everything that I do. I can tell you that God has been essential in every endeavor and/or pursuit in life. I am someone who could've been in very different circumstances but time and time again, God has put me in an environment where I could thrive with a beautiful wife, wonderful family and friends that are always supportive.

As most of us pursue comfort and general consumption in the pursuit of happiness, I leave you with the words of the wisest and possibly richest man that ever lived-Solomon.

From Ecclesiastes 1-

2 “Everything is meaningless,” says the Teacher, “completely meaningless!”

3 What do people get for all their hard work under the sun? 4 Generations come and generations go, but the earth never changes. 5 The sun rises and the sun sets, then hurries around to rise again. 6 The wind blows south, and then turns north. Around and around it goes, blowing in circles. 7 Rivers run into the sea, but the sea is never full. Then the water returns again to the rivers and flows out again to the sea. 8 Everything is wearisome beyond description. No matter how much we see, we are never satisfied. No matter how much we hear, we are not content.

9 History merely repeats itself. It has all been done before. Nothing under the sun is truly new. 10 Sometimes people say, “Here is something new!” But actually it is old; nothing is ever truly new. 11 We don’t remember what happened in the past, and in future generations, no one will remember what we are doing now.

Someday when we are all on our death bed-your thoughts will not be about the things you've owned. It's the LIVES you've changed.

Old 03-21-2015, 01:22 PM
BlackBeauty
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 72 Posts

Matt,

To echo what so many have said, your courage, discipline and honesty are inspirational.

Not to muddy the waters (no pun intended to Better off Dead fans of the scene where the Camaro comes out of the garage) but how about "InPursuitofPerfection"?

I think with your expertise and following it would be very easy for you to become a distributor and ultimately producer of high-end car products (detailing and other) which could extend to other related areas like audio, and other high-end consumables.

This is America, so many have sacrificed so much and continue to do so everyday so we can live in the greatest Country in the history of humanity, where a person's only limitations is their desire to achieve them.

God Bless you and your family!
Old 03-22-2015, 09:00 PM
sturm
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With your background I could see you doing something like this guy except car related http://www.dcrainmaker.com/

Its not his 'real job' either and he's something of a minor celeb in the endurance sport community. Manufacturers send him product to test and he beta tests some. It looks like fun-its the journey man!

Allan

Last edited by sturm; 03-22-2015 at 09:04 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 03-22-2015, 09:21 PM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SnoBdrAK
A little late to the game, but another suggestion for you Matt: MoreMoneyLessProblems.com

Although a bit long, it conveys a number things all in the URL: play on your name, play on your online name/identity, conveys what you're trying to do (help people), and is a twist on a common saying (mo' money, mo' problems)
Originally Posted by Checkmate
Money,

As I read your story, I have a lot in common in terms of my blue collar upbringing and hard work that continues to be my mantra in everything that I do. I can tell you that God has been essential in every endeavor and/or pursuit in life. I am someone who could've been in very different circumstances but time and time again, God has put me in an environment where I could thrive with a beautiful wife, wonderful family and friends that are always supportive.

As most of us pursue comfort and general consumption in the pursuit of happiness, I leave you with the words of the wisest and possibly richest man that ever lived-Solomon.

From Ecclesiastes 1-

2 “Everything is meaningless,” says the Teacher, “completely meaningless!”

3 What do people get for all their hard work under the sun? 4 Generations come and generations go, but the earth never changes. 5 The sun rises and the sun sets, then hurries around to rise again. 6 The wind blows south, and then turns north. Around and around it goes, blowing in circles. 7 Rivers run into the sea, but the sea is never full. Then the water returns again to the rivers and flows out again to the sea. 8 Everything is wearisome beyond description. No matter how much we see, we are never satisfied. No matter how much we hear, we are not content.

9 History merely repeats itself. It has all been done before. Nothing under the sun is truly new. 10 Sometimes people say, “Here is something new!” But actually it is old; nothing is ever truly new. 11 We don’t remember what happened in the past, and in future generations, no one will remember what we are doing now.

Someday when we are all on our death bed-your thoughts will not be about the things you've owned. It's the LIVES you've changed.

Originally Posted by BlackBeauty
Matt,

To echo what so many have said, your courage, discipline and honesty are inspirational.

Not to muddy the waters (no pun intended to Better off Dead fans of the scene where the Camaro comes out of the garage) but how about "InPursuitofPerfection"?

I think with your expertise and following it would be very easy for you to become a distributor and ultimately producer of high-end car products (detailing and other) which could extend to other related areas like audio, and other high-end consumables.

This is America, so many have sacrificed so much and continue to do so everyday so we can live in the greatest Country in the history of humanity, where a person's only limitations is their desire to achieve them.

God Bless you and your family!
Thanks for all of your help guys!

Originally Posted by sturm
With your background I could see you doing something like this guy except car related http://www.dcrainmaker.com/

Its not his 'real job' either and he's something of a minor celeb in the endurance sport community. Manufacturers send him product to test and he beta tests some. It looks like fun-its the journey man!

Allan
Allan,

This was super helpful!
Old 03-27-2015, 09:04 AM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Thanks for all of your help guys! It's coming soon: www.obsessedgarage.com

Old 03-27-2015, 09:25 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Money2536

Calling Matt shortly.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:48 AM
RBH
Instructor

Originally Posted by Money2536

[ image ]
Awesome! Good luck with it
Old 03-27-2015, 11:57 AM
lordlush
Advanced

Matt, just thought i would throw out another idea. Maybe too late.

If you look in the dictionary under Maven, you should find a reference to Matt Moreman. The actual definition is

: one who is experienced or knowledgeable : expert; also : freak 4a

Through the amazing amount of knowledge you share with us and other forums, you truly are the personification of a maven, maybe not the freak part !!

So i was thinking something that would incorporate maven, along the lines of garagemaven.com or automaven.com etc

Just a thought.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:07 PM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lordlush
Matt, just thought i would throw out another idea. Maybe too late.

If you look in the dictionary under Maven, you should find a reference to Matt Moreman. The actual definition is

: one who is experienced or knowledgeable : expert; also : freak 4a

Through the amazing amount of knowledge you share with us and other forums, you truly are the personification of a maven, maybe not the freak part !!

So i was thinking something that would incorporate maven, along the lines of garagemaven.com or automaven.com etc

Just a thought.
That's is darn good. I think I'm in too deep. There is no looking back now.

Quick Reply: OT: Seeking Some Advice from my Rennlist Buddies