Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got pulled over in the GT3 this evening..quess why???

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 01:03 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Keep the front plate n the front cargo are with a bracket that is broken. When you get pulled over show him that it just broke 30 min ago and you are going to fix it when you get home
Ooooo, I like the way you think...going in cargo hold right now and will attach to OEM bracket
Old 03-12-2015, 01:15 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by ATXGT3
Ooooo, I like the way you think...going in cargo hold right now and will attach to OEM bracket
Make sure the plate is a little roughed up. The cops are not that naïve.

Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist
Old 03-12-2015, 03:14 PM
LAGinz
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ATXGT3
Won't the cop notice that there are no holes or other visible evidence that the plate was ever attached?

Reluctantly, I'll probably bite the bullet shortly. The police in urban LA areas are just too aggressive on these things, probably for revenue purposes. Apart from the fines, I just don't want to spend my time going back and forth to the DMV on fix-it tickets, and I have found LAPD to be pretty unyielding in trying to talk your way out of things. Even though I'm a law abiding type of guy, not crazy about giving them a reason to stop me. (On my Vette, I got repeated fix-it tickets before I put a front plate on).

As a solution, I'm not crazy about the Millworks piece because of its off center presentation. Will probably use the Skene Design piece which attaches through two screws coming up through the bottom lip of the bumper. Not perfect, but works the best for me.
Old 03-12-2015, 03:20 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
also tell the cop you were in a rush cause you were going to f u c k his wife before he(the cop) got home from work.

Cops LOVE that one!!!!!!!!

Trust me!
One time I got pulled over, and the cop declares, "I'm not happy!". So I asked him, "if you're not Happy, then you must be either Dopey or Grumpy!". That's when the fight broke out.
Old 03-12-2015, 04:01 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,388 Likes on 720 Posts

[QUOTE=LAGinz;12113373]Won't the cop notice that there are no holes or other visible evidence that the plate was ever attached?

Oh - That part
Old 03-12-2015, 05:25 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

[QUOTE=Jimmy-D;12113499]
Originally Posted by LAGinz
Won't the cop notice that there are no holes or other visible evidence that the plate was ever attached?

Oh - That part
No, I wasn't able to put it on because these are special screws from Germany and they still have not shown up. But I'm ready to put it on officer as soon as they do (dealer said next week)...see plate is on bracket ready to go
Old 03-12-2015, 08:24 PM
LAGinz
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hahaha!! I think that response would probably trigger the breathalyzer coming out
Old 03-12-2015, 09:57 PM
texas_maverick
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Whatever you do, don't ask him if he sleeps with his sister. It doesn't help - yes, I've done it before.
Old 03-14-2015, 12:38 AM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 129 Posts

Lol.

Texas. Sleep with your sister comment.

LAGinz.

Just a tip. If you don't want to drive all the way to the station of the city where you received the ticket in you can always keep the original ticket with you in the car, find a cop, any cop, screw in the Millworks piece and if he's not busy and you ask nicely he will sign off the ticket on the back and list his badge #. Then all you need to do is send that original ticket in with the fee and the "fix it" ticket is done.

The CHP is a different story. You need to install the Millworks piece, head down to the local CHP office, pay the fine and have an officer sign off on it.

I know guys don't like the offset tow hook set up but the point of it is to be able to drive your car, not worry about receiving the violation and then fixing it by installing the plate. The Millworks set up also interferes with the front parking sensors as well. Just an FYI. the sensor thinks your bumper is close to a stationary object and it just rings with red on the PCM screen.

For those that that want a permanent no drill, center bumper solution your going to need to do something else. Good luck out there!
Old 03-14-2015, 03:24 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

I hate front plate and no way am i drilling front bumper.
Too keep the heat off me in B.C canada i had to install something...
I went with rhoplate.com
Attached Images  
Old 03-14-2015, 03:49 PM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by MarcusG
Lol.

Texas. Sleep with your sister comment.

LAGinz.

Just a tip. If you don't want to drive all the way to the station of the city where you received the ticket in you can always keep the original ticket with you in the car, find a cop, any cop, screw in the Millworks piece and if he's not busy and you ask nicely he will sign off the ticket on the back and list his badge #. Then all you need to do is send that original ticket in with the fee and the "fix it" ticket is done.

The CHP is a different story. You need to install the Millworks piece, head down to the local CHP office, pay the fine and have an officer sign off on it.

I know guys don't like the offset tow hook set up but the point of it is to be able to drive your car, not worry about receiving the violation and then fixing it by installing the plate. The Millworks set up also interferes with the front parking sensors as well. Just an FYI. the sensor thinks your bumper is close to a stationary object and it just rings with red on the PCM screen.

For those that that want a permanent no drill, center bumper solution your going to need to do something else. Good luck out there!
GT3 has parking sensors????
Old 03-14-2015, 04:21 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 285 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by jlanka
GT3 has parking sensors????
No, it does not...
Old 03-15-2015, 03:06 PM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 129 Posts

Correct.

Others do though if considering the Millworks piece.
Old 03-15-2015, 03:20 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

For the guys who have put the tow hook plate holder on, which model have you chosen and how do you like it. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-15-2015, 10:34 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by bronson7
For the guys who have put the tow hook plate holder on, which model have you chosen and how do you like it. Thanks in advance.
I ordered regular model for $79. Will never use it unless I need to prove to court I have put one on. Can't imagine running this 100% of the time with the off center look. IF you're going to keep it on 100% of the time, might as well use provided holder and have it centered and looks better.

Quick Reply: Got pulled over in the GT3 this evening..quess why???