Sponsored by:

GT3 RS track build: delete everything deletable

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 04:32 AM
928cs
Race Car

Received 506 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by anonymous918
thanks everybody.. the problem with a cup car is that you need to hire an army of people to manage it, maintain it, trailer it, etc.

with a street legal RS you can get into the car in the morning, go the track and drive back in the evening and that is the appealing part to me really...
In this case, I would keep the AC. It will keep you cool during the track session and the home return.
Even RSR's have an AC system now.
http://www.porsche.com/uk/motorsport...ec/911rsr-991/
Old 03-10-2015, 07:42 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,722 Likes on 913 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR

Get a lightweight battery with remote "on and off" switch. You are not going to have radio settings to lose so I loved the feature that the aftermarket Lithium battery would kill the car like a Kill switch so you never have to worry about charging it. Leave the Porsche battery on a maintenance tender somewhere.
Best way to store a car. No need to worry about boiling batteries.

Originally Posted by IvanBurns
If you have a battery with a kill switch, isn't that the same as disconnecting the battery from the car, which would mean that several ECU functions would have to be reset every time that you use the kill switch? In other words, wouldn't you have to reset things like the PSM and the windows closed positions?
Nothing gets lost. Steering resets automatically. Windows take 10secs to reset.

Quick Reply: GT3 RS track build: delete everything deletable