Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS Fender venting

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 04:48 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so is the allegation that the vents are fake ? Clearly they are not, you can see the tire through the mesh. Now I do see a portion blocked off in the lightened picture...obviously an aerodynamic design decision.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:58 PM
GregJGT3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

By the pictures (and those are GREAT pictures of the issue) Porsche has decided to close off part of the opening, probably due to the issues trying to use such a large opening on the street and it's effect on car's body surfaces. Notice the opening is stepped to be grater in the front and tappers to the back, so they obviulsy recognize a need for a larger opening then tapering to the "tail" down the back side of the fender. It also apperas in the pictures that the mesh screen continues under the black "opening grill." There also appeaqrs to be a screw holding the "opening grill" in place. Appears that a simple move to remove the screw and then remove the "opening grill" leaving the mesh screen in place. That I am assuming is for more aggressive air escape from the wheel well desired for track use. That all makes sence to me.
Old 03-11-2015, 05:08 PM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rockitman
so is the allegation that the vents are fake ? Clearly they are not, you can see the tire through the mesh. Now I do see a portion blocked off in the lightened picture...obviously an aerodynamic design decision.
There wasn't an allegation that they are completely fake. No one said that. What I originally asked was about the comment AP said in the short EVO video, and it has led to this thread. If part of the vent is blocked, and can't be uncovered, then I guess one could say part of them are "bigger than necessary" "big to look like motorsports", etc, etc

Quick Reply: GT3RS Fender venting