Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just got the confidential release for the RS... 4.0 and 36mm wider track.

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 12:28 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
timid on the MSRP? Well what was it??????
In the past they based the GT3RS's MSRP off of the price of the Porsche Turbo. How they price the new GT3 RS I'm certain they have prospective buyer's by "Los Huevos . I want to say their cars are becoming overpriced! But Alas, when we are getting the type of performance with the level of reliability and world class fit and finish - I cannot complain! Especially when the alternatives can cost twice as much and not get the reliability. And the cheaper alternatives are slowly rising in cost, Nissan GTR (Base price finally six figures) et al.

Also looking at that Euro PDF, hell does anyone really need to order any option. The damn thing is barely a step down from a Cup Car; I know, I know but seriously it's meant for the track.

Wonder if the Club Sport package will FINALLY make it to the USA. There has to be some wording going on with the Federal Highway Boards declaration of what a "Passenger Car" is! There must be some wording pointing out that if you can order the car, and that you do order the option - roll bars etc- then that car is a track car and not meant to be driven on US highways. But if there isn't a roll bar then it's just a "Passenger Car". I trully don't get it and wish someone in the know can explain it. Now this argument is just with buying a brand new car with the roll bar/cage. Not talking about post purchase when you can do just about anything you want. Let's just hope that our German Cousins will at least leave in the brackets and other bits and bob's just in case the D.E. folks can do a quick and simple install like Porsche did on a fee 911s in the past!

Last edited by Tacet-Conundrum; 02-27-2015 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Just for the Halibut!

Quick Reply: just got the confidential release for the RS... 4.0 and 36mm wider track.