Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS Pre order , what are my chances to get one in "normal" price?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 05:14 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by pelo911
the color of the GT3 look darker compare the FJ Cruiser , right?
Camera lenses, filters and light conditions can create completely different 'interpretations' of the same basic color object - in this case the 'Voodoo Blau' RS 4.0.

Compared the rear shot which appeared on this thread to this photo of the front. Same car, one in the shade, one in the sun, one who-knows what camera lens was used, other who-knows what filter was used. Net effect - totally different appearance of the same 'Voodoo Blue' RS 4.0 vehicle!

The way PTS works at Porsche for a non-historic/non-vintage/'non-Porsche in origin' color like 'Voodoo Blau' is as follows: you submit a sample to PAG, they do a feasibility test and approved it...or not. Once it's approved, you can call it 'Voodoo Blau' or 'Pelo911Blue'. It's not like Toyota will complain if you didn't copy their FJ Cruiser color totally or truly accurately!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 02-25-2015, 07:19 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
+1

Which P code is that RS 4.0 Stunning blu?
not sure, but awesome
Attached Images  
Old 02-25-2015, 08:07 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 421 Likes on 249 Posts

Thanks Eduardo
Old 02-25-2015, 08:08 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
Just like in late Aug when all the dealers I called said no way I was getting a 2015 GT3....no more allocations....patience....
This ^^^. Lost count of how many times I heard that and how many dealers told me that. Now dealers are saying it with the GT4. And obviously the GT3 RS. As long as people keep falling for it and jumping to get their wallets out, dealers will keep spewing it.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:23 PM
pelo911
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow! what an amazing car !

i can't find any dealer with available allocation for me

any idea about GT2 or GT2RS
maybe i need to Pre order from now
Old 03-04-2015, 11:32 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Anyone know if there are prod numbers for the 991 GT3RS?
Worldwide
North America (PCNA)

Is it limited like the 997GT3 RS 4.0 was?
Old 03-05-2015, 01:21 AM
herenow
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking for an allocation as well.... I talked to my dealer here in S.FL, who I am a bit disappointed with, and they also said that first dibs go to 918 customers. Last year alone I purchased a California T, FF, and a 991 4S from this dealer. They had originally told me that I was going to be able to get a RS and now they are changing their story. To be honest if they do not respect my business I will take it somewhere else.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:31 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by herenow
I am looking for an allocation as well.... I talked to my dealer here in S.FL, who I am a bit disappointed with, and they also said that first dibs go to 918 customers. Last year alone I purchased a California T, FF, and a 991 4S from this dealer. They had originally told me that I was going to be able to get a RS and now they are changing their story. To be honest if they do not respect my business I will take it somewhere else.
Well that sucks. I guess they must have a short memory. Did you try and speak with the GM?
Old 03-05-2015, 08:35 AM
CGT000
Burning Brakes

Received 104 Likes on 57 Posts

918 owners WILL get first dibs and without actual production numbers, no one knows how many will make it to dealers for sale to public.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:45 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Anybody forced to pay a large sum over sticker should wait to buy one used unless you have cancer or terminally ill.

These cars wont depreciate the 1st year but they will slightly in year 2.
I think anything paid over sticker will be flushed down the toilet come resale time just like the 997.1RS when it was launched. People paid large over sticker for that thing.

I do not see these cars going up in value for the short term like we have seen with the 997 series.
Again, it all depends on what replaces it in the future...

Buy now at MSRP if you can, and enjoy it. Sell it after a year for what you paid.
Or Keep it for 3 years and enjoy minimal depreciation.

Either way you cant go wrong.
Just dont garage queen it as it is not that kind of RS..

I look forward to seeing them on the road and may be tempted to try one after the dust settles.
I am not looking forward to getting passed by one on the track like I am tied on however
Old 03-05-2015, 09:01 AM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Here's my dealers response to my question about my chances of getting an RS....

I wish I could say your Chances are good but I have 8 Preorders and Idon't think I'll get more than 3. If you like I can put you on the listI'll need to take a deposit and send you a purchase order of course isrefundable if I can't fill the order. Our dealer principal may put apremium on the cars anywhere from 10 to 20K not sure how that will affectthose on the list.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:49 AM
ZZinger
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
Here's my dealers response to my question about my chances of getting an RS....
This sounds like a genuine response from the dealer. 10k to 20k over I understand, anything more than that is nonsense…. I refuse to pay a penny over MSRP but thats just me.

I am #6 on the list. Dealer has no idea how many RS units they will get, I am optimistic but know that my chances are a long shot at this point.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:02 AM
madmurdock
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
Why order now and not in September? 1 The car is not limited 2 Not the last NA RS (AP) 3 Not so different than current GT3 APART IN THE WIND GALLERY at 200mph Leave the dealer alone with all their preallocated orders the car will drop 40k down the msrp Not So Off Topic Question: 991 GT3 due to some known issues have been produced in half the planned numbers Making it de facto a limited and instant classic version Should i resell mine 40k 80k over the msrp??
Deal of the century it is. Esp with prices like these https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...gt3-white.html

Although 45k+ for an RS isn't a horrible deal. Carbon fenders, all that aero, aerospace material crank based on 919, different heads, stroke, pistons, camshafts, oil system and the list goes on and on. This would cost way more the 60-70k on a 991 GT3. Not to mention the chassis is different too. Oh and mag roof and carbon deck lid. I can't wait to see the reviews. Harris said he will be getting his hands on one around May so we have to wait for a bit.
Old 03-05-2015, 02:01 PM
herenow
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
Well that sucks. I guess they must have a short memory. Did you try and speak with the GM?
I have not yet spoken to the sales manager yet, who I know well. But it is very disappointing, sometimes it seems like they have short-term memory loss lol.

Hopefully they come to their senses.... Yesterday I gave my sales guy the ultimatum(in a nice way) that he needs to tell me within the next week if I will be getting one of their allocations. If not, I don't want to wait around for them and "maybe" get one, when I could be scouting out another allocation from another dealer.
Old 03-05-2015, 03:05 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 152 Posts

The dealers are getting a lot of brain damage on this car. You may have bought a bunch of cars but in your market someone may have bought 20 or 30 cars.

Quick Reply: GT3RS Pre order , what are my chances to get one in "normal" price?