Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

GT3RS Pre order , what are my chances to get one in "normal" price?

 
Old 02-24-2015, 04:52 PM
  #31  
fxz
Super User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist h÷re...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Posts: 3,319
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Dan39 View Post
The RS will drop $40k from MSRP by Sept? The opposite is more likely...
it s a way to say being the car not limited and still in prod in September
why
should i buy a used 1 over msrp while TODAY there are ones around -7% msrp??
fxz is offline  
Old 02-24-2015, 04:56 PM
  #32  
Strimdog
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Strimdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Allen, TX
Posts: 721
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by pelo911 View Post
or $650K over MSRP !!!
http://www.ddwpartners.com/2015-Pors...-85255/5393517

WOW ! the Voodoo Blue it's the best color i ever saw


Damn! That color looks awesome! Not $650K over awesome though. More power to them if they get it. On the RS, I am a buyer and my dealer knows I want one. The key is PATIENCE as said earlier. Eventually all of us that want one will get one.
Strimdog is offline  
Old 02-24-2015, 04:58 PM
  #33  
fxz
Super User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist h÷re...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Posts: 3,319
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Strimdog View Post
Damn! That color looks awesome! Not $650K over awesome though. More power to them if they get it. On the RS, I am a buyer and my dealer knows I want one. The key is PATIENCE as said earlier. Eventually all of us that want one will get one.
+1

Which P code is that RS 4.0 Stunning blu?
fxz is offline  
Old 02-24-2015, 05:06 PM
  #34  
Spyerx
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Spyerx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 12,523
Likes: 0
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Default

^^^
Please stop posting **** on Rennlist.
Spyerx is offline  
Old 02-24-2015, 05:22 PM
  #35  
fxz
Super User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist h÷re...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Posts: 3,319
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

That back is sexy in blue isnt it?
fxz is offline  
Old 02-25-2015, 11:35 AM
  #36  
CGT000
User
 
CGT000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 748
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

I have been told by several dealers that GT3RS is for sure a limited production model and 918 buyers have first dibs so it would be very interesting to see how many will be available at the end. The deposits we have with dealers are worthless if they don't get an allocation.
CGT000 is offline  
Old 02-25-2015, 11:48 AM
  #37  
NateOZ
Super User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 3,495
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default

It's limited in the sense of its not a TTS that they can keep ordering, but there will probably be 1,500 to 2,000 worldwide based on previous RS runs. Maybe more as they have a chance to pre-sell 918 to the 918 customers who have already had to put their hand up. It's not limited in terms of 500 worldwide like the 997 4.0. If that is the case, they'll all go to 918 customers.

I spoke to my dealer yesterday and all of their 918 customers are taking their slot.
NateOZ is offline  
Old 02-25-2015, 11:55 AM
  #38  
Dan39
User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 341
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by NateOZ View Post
It's limited in the sense of its not a TTS that they can keep ordering, but there will probably be 1,500 to 2,000 worldwide based on previous RS runs. Maybe more as they have a chance to pre-sell 918 to the 918 customers who have already had to put their hand up. It's not limited in terms of 500 worldwide like the 997 4.0. If that is the case, they'll all go to 918 customers.

I spoke to my dealer yesterday and all of their 918 customers are taking their slot.
There were 600 4.0 RS units.

I would expect you to be right on the number of 991.1 RS units being similar or higher to previous RS (4.0 excluded), but the reports about the delays limiting the production window for the car from March to year end (?) seem plausible to me...

Maybe it's somewhere in between, like 1200 units?
Dan39 is offline  
Old 02-25-2015, 12:09 PM
  #39  
CGT000
User
 
CGT000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 748
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Dan39 View Post
There were 600 4.0 RS units.

I would expect you to be right on the number of 991.1 RS units being similar or higher to previous RS (4.0 excluded), but the reports about the delays limiting the production window for the car from March to year end (?) seem plausible to me...

Maybe it's somewhere in between, like 1200 units?
I hope you are right and we will know better next week.
CGT000 is offline  
Old 02-25-2015, 12:32 PM
  #40  
silverrules
Super User
 
silverrules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Between Tahoe and San Francisco
Posts: 2,858
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by CGT000 View Post
I hope you are right and we will know better next week.
MY sales manager had no clue how many the 1st allocation will be but his best guess estimate was 5-6 this yr and he said most people on the list when they get the call are no show. Whoever wants one will get one. The 1st allocation will go to their top customers, dealer owner friend, etc. They were specing GT3's until last month.
silverrules is offline  
Old 02-25-2015, 12:46 PM
  #41  
pelo911
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Houston
Posts: 239
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by CGT000 View Post
I have been told by several dealers that GT3RS is for sure a limited production model and 918 buyers have first dibs so it would be very interesting to see how many will be available at the end. The deposits we have with dealers are worthless if they don't get an allocation.
i didn't know about 918 owner , thanks for the info !

so first cars will go to the super rich , then if there is left overs
the "poor guys" will take it

the local dealer told me most likely Porsche will not making any GT2
that's make sense ?

GT3RS will have 21 inch wheels , polycarbonat side windows
stiffer suspension?
if that true , this car will not be great on public road , only for the Track , right?
pelo911 is offline  
Old 02-25-2015, 12:51 PM
  #42  
ATXGT3
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Sticks
Posts: 1,621
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by pelo911 View Post
if that true , this car will not be great on public road , only for the Track , right?
Yes most likely--but until driven who knows
ATXGT3 is offline  
Old 02-25-2015, 02:44 PM
  #43  
Kobalt
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Kobalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Europe
Posts: 4,466
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by pelo911 View Post
if that true , this car will not be great on public road , only for the Track , right?
I'll probably use these:



Kobalt is offline  
Old 02-25-2015, 03:08 PM
  #44  
Z356
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Z356's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,896
Likes: 0
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by fxz View Post
Which P code is that RS 4.0 Stunning blu?
The Vin # for this particular 'Voodoo Blau' .2 997 gt3 RS 4.0 LE is WP0AF2A93BS785715. 'Voodoo Blau' is Porsche color code Z12 and available via PTS (if & when that program resumes). It is a solid color (uni) and not a 'metallic'.





And 'Voodoo Blau' has the added cache of being a popular color on a Toyota FJ Cruiser! So you are covered - East to West!



Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

.
Z356 is offline  
Old 02-25-2015, 03:38 PM
  #45  
pelo911
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Houston
Posts: 239
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Z356 View Post
The Vin # for this particular 'Voodoo Blau' .2 997 gt3 RS 4.0 LE is WP0AF2A93BS785715. 'Voodoo Blau' is Porsche color code Z12 and available via PTS (if & when that program resumes). It is a solid color (uni) and not a 'metallic'.





And 'Voodoo Blau' has the added cache of being a popular color on a Toyota FJ Cruiser! So you are covered - East to West!



Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

.

the color of the GT3 look darker compare the FJ Cruiser , right?
never saw the Voodoo Blue in person
in Pictures it's look amazing !

997.2 GT3 RS 4.0
this car mind blowing !
manual transmission , crazy engine !

as much as i love my GT3 , i wish it was more excitement to drive like the older Porsche (or Ferrari 458)
i drove many sports cars and exotics cars - the best car ever in my opinion it's the Carrera GT
pelo911 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GT3RS Pre order , what are my chances to get one in "normal" price?


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: