Sponsored by:

San Francisco and the GT3

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 11:55 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Gees guys, are you kidding me? Please notice many of my posts are humorous, and always good natured. Alan, haku, sgroer, how long have you been on forums?.. Why so sensitive? As you know I myself have taken on the burden of organizing large group events like yours, and was making a good natured jab.. The word "elitist" throws you like that? Let's not be a bunch of ladies ok?..

Good god.. Reread my post with the right mindset and laugh please! Ask Macca, Mike in Ca, Eduardo and all the others if you need a loving pat on the back an this... We are all cheering on your event and looking forward to some amazing pictures from it.

Sadly, I think I'm Gonna walk much more cautiously moving forward.. I can see my humor can be taken quite differently. What a pity.. It had been so much fun to clown around with everyone.
Not being sensitive at all, just responding to your comment of our group being "elitist".

A simple apology would have sufficed and been acceptable rather than a patronizing explanation about what some of us should do.

Enough said. Peace.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:40 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts

Update.
PM's have been exchanged and have cleared everything up.
So peace reigns in the kingdom again.
Old 02-27-2015, 02:59 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Haku
Update.
PM's have been exchanged and have cleared everything up.
So peace reigns in the kingdom again.
Glad to hear that.

Originally Posted by DChan415

Parked on a hill in Chinatown. No problem!
Well that looks peaceful enough. OTOH, I could post pics of the 3 times my wife's and daughter's cars were side swiped in the City. Not to mention the fact that you can get a ticket even while parked for not having a front license plate. I'm in the habit of taking my 3rd string car when I visit.
Old 02-27-2015, 03:56 PM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
i drive in and out of financial district. no prob. no lift no drama.
pay attention lots potholes.
financial district is fairly flat but some of the north south neighborhood streets in Pacific Heights , for example , would be impassable at the bottoms of the steeper hills where they level out , going either direction ...and many in the monetary demographics who buy the GT3 live there and would have to go many blocks east or west before they can turn right or left !
Old 02-27-2015, 04:51 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

I'm at the bottom of telegraph, which means I have a smooth incline coming up to the house. My actual street is very inclined and its a one-way.. But the house is on the corner so I can cheat going wrong way up for 5 ft or so... Every time I drive around though I look at streets I take and mentally note the ones which look potentially impassable.. There are many to keep track of.

Biggest concern are the highway "yumps" - you're just driving along and just get launched or dropped into grade changes which are big enough to bottom out my 535xi at speed (70-80mph)... I can't imagine what it would do to a low sports car.. Those are much tougher to predict and avoid!!

Quick Reply: San Francisco and the GT3