Sponsored by:

** GT3 MINI REVIEW AFTER 48 HOURS OF OWNERSHIP **

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 08:22 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking ** GT3 MINI REVIEW AFTER 48 HOURS OF OWNERSHIP **

Having driven the car for 48 hours (about 250 miles) in Hill Country driving, traffic, 65MPH long stretches, etc—I am just floored by the all around ease of this car. Having owned many a Porsche 911 (non-GT3), R8’s, RS7’s and the list literally goes on...there is NO comparison to this car. It’s not the most expensive car I’ve owned, but it’s without a doubt the best.

I will say it again—this is hands down a DD (I don’t use as one, but I’m starting to think I might).

Stereo – Ok, I was prepared for the worst. Actually I’m somewhat surprised. Is it great, no. Is it horrible, no. Far from a Burmester, but I’ll take it. Key is to set Bass and Treble almost all the way up—IN ALL categories (XM, AUX, FM, etc)…each has their own setting, so have to do it one time for all (I forgot about that with PCM). Love the Bluetooth streaming music from iPhone.

Ride – Very nice. I always dialed in sports mode in any car I’ve owned, and this is right in line. Nothing harsh about it (for me). It’s really perfect—not too soft and not too hard.

18 Ways – These aren’t your mother’s couches. Very sporty feel, look and comfort. They are amazingly comfortable and super supportive. You can really dial in a setting that is perfect for your body. Love them!

Interior and Finish – Well it’s a Porsche—enough said. About the best you can get in a sports car IMHO. I got the deviated stitching, bunch of carbon fiber, red gauges, red belts, etc. I love the options I chose—hell even the chrono is growing on me for the price.

Power – The higher you go the more it wants you to push it. It’s like a car drug—never experienced anything like it. Give it gas, get it into 7th gear and it just taunt’s you to push it more…60, 70, 80, 90…bring it says. Get’s so smooth the fast you go…just wow. Can’t wait to really play with RPM’s once break in is over. Kept it under 4k, so I can only imagine has the addiction kicks in after that.

Steering – So precise. In, out, point and go. Nothing more I can add.

Looks – Stunning. End of story.

PDK-S – Have no clue. Manual mode for me.

Exhaust – Not bad. It has a nice growl, but not obnoxious at any speed. But will probably add Sharkwerks just to add a little more character.

Tint was installed today. Suntek and Radar install next weekend. Sharkwerks will order. That is about it for mods…for now.

Weather has been amazing and thankful to have this fun beast to enjoy it with.

This car IS something VERY special. For those fortunate enough to own one you know what I mean. For those who are thinking about it—GET ONE—and I MEAN FAST.

As The Getawayer said in his review…”OH MY GOD…THIS ENGINE IS SOMETHING SPECIAL…OH…MY GOD THIS THING IS FAST…JESUS CHRIST”.

Old 02-07-2015, 09:24 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 929 Likes on 533 Posts

I have to move south so I can drive this car, my car is sitting in my garage begging for spring to come early. It was delivered mid December and has been sitting on a trickle charger waiting for the right moment !
Old 02-07-2015, 09:34 PM
AMGsound
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exact same thing here in Canada. And when it gets warm, gotta wait for the streets to become driveable. That may prove the worst wait.

Great review, cant wait to enjoy mine too!
Old 02-08-2015, 12:09 AM
loveivs
Advanced

Nice write-up mate. Sounds like you have the CDR-plus stereo system. I didn't upgrade the stereo system. No matter how I adjust the set the "bass stuff". The sound quality is still shxtty. I don't have BT audio streaming function either.

Regarding the exhaust, you can disconnect the piping that connected to the vacuum valve to free the growl. It's a easy DIY. There is a "how-to" in the forum, give it a search. Sharkwerks bypass pipe is a bonus on top of that.
Old 02-08-2015, 07:11 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts

ATXGT3, I'm so glad you're enjoying the car and that its obviously meeting your expectations. It just keeps getting better! How can Porsche top the all around versatility of this car?
Old 02-08-2015, 08:33 AM
RFGGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Ditto to what Haku said, "It just keeps getting better." Enjoy
Old 02-08-2015, 08:35 AM
Shahano
Burning Brakes

I cant wait, I am drooling just reading this.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:42 AM
ATXGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by loveivs
I don't have BT audio streaming function either.
I seems like it comes with PCM. If you have a BT phone (iPhone is what I'm using), pair it, then under media you will see a new option AUX BT, hit play on your device (make sure output volume is up) and you're rocking the iTunes via BT.

Originally Posted by Haku
ATXGT3, I'm so glad you're enjoying the car and that its obviously meeting your expectations. It just keeps getting better! How can Porsche top the all around versatility of this car?
I don't know how, but until that day I'm going to enjoy this one

High of 77 today--think I'll put a few hundred more miles on her today!
Old 02-08-2015, 02:10 PM
Just in time
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

Your summary very much describes up my first words to my spouse when she asked "well how is it?" I replied "never have owned a car like this!"

Last edited by Just in time; 02-08-2015 at 02:45 PM.
Old 02-08-2015, 02:18 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,795 Likes on 2,194 Posts

Congrats! These longish reviews at the beginning of the ownership experience are a testament to the passion the car evokes.
Old 02-08-2015, 05:46 PM
nycjwi
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great review, great car!
Old 02-08-2015, 06:09 PM
Sloopy
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love mine more with each drive. Never have I had a car I liked more after one week only to see my fondness growing. Once you get the rush from 6 to 9 K you will be shocked. Take the feeling at 4K * 2 and you'll be close to the feeling.
Old 02-08-2015, 07:35 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by Sloopy
I love mine more with each drive. Never have I had a car I liked more after one week only to see my fondness growing. Once you get the rush from 6 to 9 K you will be shocked. Take the feeling at 4K * 2 and you'll be close to the feeling.
THAT I cannot wait for
Old 02-08-2015, 10:14 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 719 Likes on 394 Posts

Just wait. The car only comes alive above 4k rpm. You are in for a pleasant surprise!
Old 02-08-2015, 10:22 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by RayDBonz
Just wait. The car only comes alive above 4k rpm. You are in for a pleasant surprise!
Stooooop !

I can't take it--I'm keeping her under 4k RPM for 1000 miles, then all bets are off.

Quick Reply: ** GT3 MINI REVIEW AFTER 48 HOURS OF OWNERSHIP **