Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Xpel Houston

Old 02-04-2015, 05:04 PM
avi8tir
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Xpel Houston

In my quest to find decent shops in Houston, I discovered that Xpel acutally has a facility in Houston.

http://www.houstonclearbra.com/

Has anyone had any experience?
Old 02-04-2015, 05:30 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes they did my GT3. They did a great job. You are welcome to check my GT3. I'm on the west side of Houston.
Old 02-04-2015, 05:31 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Full front including hood.
Old 02-05-2015, 01:07 AM
Rovman
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by skuplist
Yes they did my GT3. They did a great job. You are welcome to check my GT3. I'm on the west side of Houston.

Hey I am on the west side of Houston as well. Well my primary home is in Lafayette, La. But I am in the energy corridor on business almost every week. Also have a house in Katy. We should meet up.
Old 02-05-2015, 01:27 AM
blinsc
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are the shop that does all of Porsche of North Houston's work. I got them to do full front, edges wrapped, on my 981 and the job is almost perfect. The only place you can see the wrap is where it goes under the frunk lid emblem.

When I ordered my 981 I told the dealership I was thinking about getting a wrap but then called Houston Clear Bra to see if I could secure a better price going to them directly. It turns out that Porsche of North Houston refers so much business to them that they could not offer a better price by going direct (the price difference was negligible) but the guy I talked to did help me out a bit. For some silly reason, the full front does not include headlights when going through Porsche of North Houston - it's $200 extra. The guy from Houston Clear Bra told me to give him a heads up when my car was coming in and they'd do it for free, which they did.

I'm happy with the job, much better than the 3M protection I had on my previous vehicle.
Old 02-05-2015, 11:45 AM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Rovman
Hey I am on the west side of Houston as well. Well my primary home is in Lafayette, La. But I am in the energy corridor on business almost every week. Also have a house in Katy. We should meet up.
Yes. I'm up for coffee or lunch this weekend. Feb 21 there is a car show at 99 and Cinco.
Old 02-05-2015, 12:24 PM
avi8tir
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes. I'm up for coffee or lunch this weekend. Feb 21 there is a car show at 99 and Cinco.
My car arrives from California today (bought from my (former) local dealer in LA).

We should all meet up at some point. I live inside the loop.

Also, you guys need to show me some roads around here. Been here for 4 years and "flat and straight" seems to be the theme.
Old 02-05-2015, 12:43 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

There are some just west of Sealy towards Round Top. Also no traffic out that way.
Old 02-05-2015, 02:32 PM
PorscheHusna
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by blinsc
They are the shop that does all of Porsche of North Houston's work. I got them to do full front, edges wrapped, on my 981 and the job is almost perfect. The only place you can see the wrap is where it goes under the frunk lid emblem.

When I ordered my 981 I told the dealership I was thinking about getting a wrap but then called Houston Clear Bra to see if I could secure a better price going to them directly. It turns out that Porsche of North Houston refers so much business to them that they could not offer a better price by going direct (the price difference was negligible) but the guy I talked to did help me out a bit. For some silly reason, the full front does not include headlights when going through Porsche of North Houston - it's $200 extra. The guy from Houston Clear Bra told me to give him a heads up when my car was coming in and they'd do it for free, which they did.

I'm happy with the job, much better than the 3M protection I had on my previous vehicle.
We do send Expel all of our business because they do a fantastic job!
They are reasonably priced and do it right the first time. No complaints here.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:06 AM
Rovman
Rennlist Member

There are some just west of Sealy towards Round Top. Also no traffic out that way.
Yep, I go ride my motorcycle out there from time to time. I enjoy it our there.

I agree we should try and get together some time. My only issue is I am not in Houston on the weekends too often. The house in Katy is my secondary home. Having said that, I will be in Katy this weekend.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:12 AM
Rovman
Rennlist Member

Sounds good. The wife and kids are coming up this weekend to meet me , maybe I can get away for a bit. Will have to play it by ear. Will let you know.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:23 AM
Rovman
Rennlist Member

Back on thread topic. I just took delivery of my Porsche from Porsche of North Houston. Expell Houston did the paint protection install on my car and I am very pleased with the outcome. I only have one little area that has lifted a bit and they are going to take care of it, no problem. Recommended in my book.
Old 02-06-2015, 09:19 AM
jwalton
Pro

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

how much $$and what did you have done please? I am looking into it here in the Mid Atlantic for my GT3. Thanks Jon
Old 02-07-2015, 11:13 AM
Rovman
Rennlist Member

Sorry jw, just seeing your question. My cost was just over$2k. Now I got the "track protection package" which costs a bit more than the street protection package as it adds a lot more material.
The Front bumper cap, both front fenders all the way to the front edge of the doors, the whole bonnet(hood), both mirrors, up the "A" pillars and about 12" of material going across the roof covering the leading edge, behind the front wheels down on the sill , all the way down the sill and up to about 3/4's up the door to protect the rear 1/4 panel bulge, as well as behind the rear tires, starting with a small strip at the top,of the rear cap, down the flat part of the rear bumper edge than back down the rear bumper toward the rear of the car to protect from debris being kicked up by the rear wheels.
So far the protection has been in all the right places. Just went to the track yesterday and everywhere black rubber marks were left on the car, there was paint protection. Money well spent IMO.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Xpel Houston