Sponsored by:

Track App?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 12:23 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

So, what's the latest on the track app?
You guys getting a refund? Promise of an upgrade that works?
Old 03-26-2015, 12:37 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
So, what's the latest on the track app? You guys getting a refund? Promise of an upgrade that works?
The latest is I just don't use it. The data points are interpolated from 1hz, not real, so the timing isn't accurate unless you get an external GPS or buy the stupid beacon. Couple that with really bad bugs and the inability to export video and you have the proverbial nail in the coffin. I have a cool red face clock though that matches my belts and cage...
Old 03-26-2015, 12:41 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Have you been able to contact anyone at Porsche for a fix / upgrade / refund?
Old 03-26-2015, 12:44 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Have you been able to contact anyone at Porsche for a fix / upgrade / refund?
I haven't bothered. You know what their answer will be. If they give me a GT4 allocation right now, I'll be happy to stop bitching about the app though. Lol
Old 03-27-2015, 12:25 AM
Rovman
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^ I agree. I mentioned the issue to my dealer and got the deer in the headlight look.
Que in the sound of crickets.......... " crickets " " crickets"

That's about as far as the fault finding went. No one at the dealership knows anything about the app or the option.....

So I chalked it up as another life lessons learned..... Won't be getting that again.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:30 AM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When no one (informed buyers) specs the chrono on their RS, PAG may get the message.....
Old 03-27-2015, 12:34 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Chrono:

Dumbest. Option. Ever.

IMHO of course!
Old 05-01-2015, 09:37 AM
Gt3Fan
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

To get a view from inside the car so you can see you stearing as well as outside the front window, where are you all finding is the best location for the camera be it gopro, smarty ect?

Last weekend at the track, m aim dl worked perfectly, the go pro on the front toe hook using the rennline, perfect but when I used the suction cup for the go pro inside back window, not good. I couldn't see anything outside of the front window with the sun.

Sugestions?
Old 05-13-2015, 01:15 AM
Bartron
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Aim DL OBD2 Connections

For those of you who have the Solo DL installed via OBD2 like Joe mentioned, could you please post up some pics of your install? Was it DIY?

Thanks in advance! Father's day is coming up....
Old 05-13-2015, 01:24 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Bartron
For those of you who have the Solo DL installed via OBD2 like Joe mentioned, could you please post up some pics of your install? Was it DIY?

Thanks in advance! Father's day is coming up....
Not much to show. You plug into the obd2 port and suction cup mount the display onto your windshield. Done.
Old 05-13-2015, 01:39 AM
Bartron
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Not much to show. You plug into the obd2 port and suction cup mount the display onto your windshield. Done.
The OBD2 port is left of the dead pedal, right? does the plug get in the way? Are you running the cable under the floor mat and up the middle or up the drivers door and to the dash?

Do you know if there's an easy way to sync GoPro video with the AIM data?
Old 05-13-2015, 01:56 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Bartron
The OBD2 port is left of the dead pedal, right? does the plug get in the way? Are you running the cable under the floor mat and up the middle or up the drivers door and to the dash?

Do you know if there's an easy way to sync GoPro video with the AIM data?
yes, obd2 port is left of the dead pedal. Plug doesn't get in the way. I run it up along the side and mount the display on the lower left corner of the windshield.

There is no 'easy' way to synce gopro video with AiM. I use dashware. It takes practice before it becomes easy.
Old 05-13-2015, 04:24 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCNA reply.

I spoke to PCNA about issues with track precision app on Android. Here is the reply:
"I wanted to make you aware that we have forwarded this concern to the appropriate department and they are aware of the issue. Unfortunately, I am unable to provide when the next update will be available. Please make sure to adjust your settings in your phone to automatically update the Precision Driving App so the program is updated as soon as a newer version is available. "
Old 05-13-2015, 09:03 AM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by 9931996
I spoke to PCNA about issues with track precision app on Android. Here is the reply:
"I wanted to make you aware that we have forwarded this concern to the appropriate department and they are aware of the issue. Unfortunately, I am unable to provide when the next update will be available. Please make sure to adjust your settings in your phone to automatically update the Precision Driving App so the program is updated as soon as a newer version is available. "
I feel for Porsche when trying to solve app issues with Android. Apple is a pain to deal with, but there is only ONE version of an iOS type to test.

With Android, every phone or tablet manufacturer can put in weird OS variations that cause no end of testing issues. Because it is so difficult and expensive to buy one of every Android device ever manufactured and then thoroughly test on every one, some Android problems can go undiscovered for many moons. Then, the developer tries to replicate the field problem on a less than complete set of devices and can't find any problem in their testing. It's horrible. Been there, done that.

Android is great, except when it isn't. Apple's iOS may be not everyone's cup of tea, but there are NO undocumented OS consistency problems against which to test.

I wish you and Porsche very good luck in finding and fixing your app problem. You may need it.
Old 05-14-2015, 01:44 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

The guy who received his GT4 on the GT4 section of this forum seems to be able to make it work.
He's also running a VBox side by side to verify and help with GPS receiver.

Quick Reply: Track App?