Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 values, and Chris Harris speaks marketplace

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 01:11 PM
997s07
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I find the iPhone vs Blackberry comparison silly, with all due respect. At the very top, government, military, finiacial, and legal "management" and employees use Blackberry. There is a reason for that. One is a serious business tool the other more a toy.

Pete made some excellent points about the modularity of the GT1 block. It can be very flexible, it can be pushed to have huge power, but the 9A1 is not as modifiable or modular. Newer doesn't always mean better, with all due respect.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:26 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Haku
destacado, it is really the personal and inflammatory nature and language of your posts that wash away and override much of the limited amount of fact that your posts contain. That is a shame. So that we are clear on the meaning of what I say and you take this onboard, for now and future reference here's an explanation of "Inflammatory language":

"Inflammatory language is a form of speech that is used with the intent to stir up emotions, elicit anger, or invoke a physical reaction. Name calling is one form, but the use is generally wider in scope, in the sense that it is used to attack, oppress, or denigrate groups of people...."

Some examples of inflammatory language:

.... and wait for it.... Yelling or implying "9A1 sucks! *see your quote below" in a 991 GT3 forum!

*"Porsche didn't replace the GT1 motor with the 9a1 because the 9a1 is a better motor. On the contrary -- they put the 9a1 in their cheapest vehicles first."

Apologies to all for going off topic. Mods feel free to do with this post as you see fit. No offense taken.
Ironically -- the only reason I chose to comment in this thread in the first place was the comment posted by FXZ; obviously you failed to notice that because you're more concerned with attacking my character to win points than finding fact. I read these boards every day and rarely see such bull**** statements but when I do respond to them there's always a dogpile of individuals vehemently defending their 150k investment.
"consider also tha 991 GT3 Engine is not only the Best Water cooled Engine ever produced before the Big Electric Era
but it has also been produced in much much less number compared to any primitive 997 GT3 GT3 RS tentative before the 991GT3 perfection

I bet on 991 GT3 as an investement more attractive"
...and for the record, the 9a1 was put in the cheapest cars first. You're entitled to your opinion but facts are facts.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:29 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,750 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Guys, destaccado is obviously irked that he spent good money on a '13 C2S, when he could have gotten a far superior 991 GT3 for not too much more money, so he has a need to diminish the GT3.

Destaccado, the solution is to admit your mistake, cut your loss, and try to buy the GT3 before the price skyrockets and the value of your C2S continues to drop. Denial is only making it worse.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:29 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,742 Likes on 4,765 Posts

I have a headache from reading this thread.

I think I'm going to go out and drive. My GT3.

Old 01-30-2015, 01:35 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

did somebody say PORK?!!!!
Old 01-30-2015, 01:43 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by destaccado
Ironically -- the only reason I chose to comment in this thread in the first place was the comment posted by FXZ; obviously you failed to notice that because you're more concerned with attacking my character to win points than finding fact. I read these boards every day and rarely see such bull**** statements but when I do respond to them there's always a dogpile of individuals vehemently defending their 150k investment.

OK lesson 1, ..... now repeat all of that...but state it nicely!

Crumbs!...what does it take to get through to some people eh?

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
I have a headache from reading this thread.

I think I'm going to go out and drive. My GT3.

The sun is shining... and I think I'll do the same!

Originally Posted by kosmo
did somebody say PORK?!!!!
There's always one who jumps for the bacon!
Old 01-30-2015, 01:47 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Manifold
Guys, destaccado is obviously irked that he spent good money on a '13 C2S, when he could have gotten a far superior 991 GT3 for not too much more money, so he has a need to diminish the GT3.
No need to be sarcastic. The GT3 IS a better car to buy from a financial standpoint than a C2S. I knew that prior to buying the C2S -- I've been here for a decade. In fact, I've never hid my distaste for the C2S. It's a pretty boring car to drive on the street with a ridiculously busy interior that Porsche obviously designed chasing the Asian market. However, the C2S also has back seats which I need for my daily driver so the GT3 isn't even a replacement option.

Destaccado, the solution is to admit your mistake, cut your loss, and try to buy the GT3 before the price skyrockets and the value of your C2S continues to drop. Denial is only making it worse.
I am trying to buy a 997 GT3; I'm fairly confident I'll do a lot better on it in the long run vs a 991.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:51 PM
Berra
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi,

I´m new to this forum and am a 996 Turbo X50 owner, nothing special in the eyes of the so called "purists". I love all cars, all Porsches. Coming on here and seeing adults fighting over which car (GT3) is the best is just a real headache. I saw this alot when the M5 F10 came out when I was a M5 owner. I had the E60 M5 at that time and the war was intense, M5 owners vs other M5 owners.

That made me leave that forum, which is sad because I spent some time there and learned a lot from other members. The World will not end if I stay away from Rennlist and someone will problaby Think/say: "Stay in the Turbo section" but as I said, I love all cars and Porsches and will read as much as I can about every model, even the basic ones.

This thread started good but now....Damn!
Old 01-30-2015, 01:57 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Berra
Hi,

I´m new to this forum and am a 996 Turbo X50 owner, nothing special in the eyes of the so called "purists". I love all cars, all Porsches. Coming on here and seeing adults fighting over which car (GT3) is the best is just a real headache. I saw this alot when the M5 F10 came out when I was a M5 owner. I had the E60 M5 at that time and the war was intense, M5 owners vs other M5 owners.

That made me leave that forum, which is sad because I spent some time there and learned a lot from other members. The World will not end if I stay away from Rennlist and someone will problaby Think/say: "Stay in the Turbo section" but as I said, I love all cars and Porsches and will read as much as I can about every model, even the basic ones.

Berra, I wouldn't drop this late baked potato just yet. The inflammatory posts are by a few (well one) and far between threads. There's a wealth of information on this forum and I wouldn't discard it all because of this singular thread.

My apologies to all if this thread has been the instigator of any upset.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:02 PM
Total911_GT3RS
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting comments.... Hmmmm. I have to say I love my new GT3 and my 997.2 GR3RS in equal measure. I have had some time to compare them and both are incredible. One of them is getting more drive time though....
Old 01-30-2015, 02:05 PM
grendel88
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I love my 991 GT3. If it was made and branded by Hyundai, I will still love it. Heritage and history are blue blood class terms. I am strictly it is what it is type of guy. You love it and can afford it, who cares what anyone thinks?
Old 01-30-2015, 02:09 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Berra
Hi,

So what you're really saying is that arguments you read between random people on the internet upsets you enough that you feel the need to run away? I gotta give you credit -- I'd never be man enough to admit that.

At the end of the day I'd buy a beer for the 991 GT3 owner on Rennlist I like the least...it isn't as though we're talking **** about each other's women or kids. It's literally plastic, rubber, leather, and metal that some German guy designed and laughed his *** off all the way to the nearest red light district to go Treppensteigen.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:20 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

At the end of the day I'd buy a beer for the 991 GT3 owner on Rennlist I like the least...it isn't as though we're talking **** about each other's women or kids. It's literally plastic, rubber, leather, and metal that some German guy designed and laughed his *** off all the way to the nearest red light district to go Treppensteigen.
This is the only coherent thing I've ever seen you post.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:32 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,750 Likes on 2,174 Posts

No need to be sarcastic. The GT3 IS a better car to buy from a financial standpoint than a C2S. I knew that prior to buying the C2S -- I've been here for a decade. In fact, I've never hid my distaste for the C2S. It's a pretty boring car to drive on the street with a ridiculously busy interior that Porsche obviously designed chasing the Asian market. However, the C2S also has back seats which I need for my daily driver so the GT3 isn't even a replacement option.

I am trying to buy a 997 GT3; I'm fairly confident I'll do a lot better on it in the long run vs a 991.
This doesn't make sense. You bought the C2S despite apparently not liking it much, because a back seat was mandatory, even though there are plenty of nice cars to choose from which have back seats. Now you're shopping for a 997 GT3, which doesn't have a back seat.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:33 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 110 Likes on 56 Posts

We are pretty lucky to own these cars!

Talking down your competition doesn't make you better.
We see this a lot in life now days. Politicians have done this for a long time and even business side!

Not good!
Next thread!

Quick Reply: GT3 values, and Chris Harris speaks marketplace