Sponsored by:

GT3 values, and Chris Harris speaks marketplace

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 05:37 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sportscentury
Some of the responses to Destaccado are based on fact or personal driving experience; others, though, are just personal shots at him suggesting that he only criticizes the GT3 because he can't afford one and is envious of it, or that he is just bitter about having purchased another vehicle. If you have missed these posts, that's fine, but they exist (both in this thread and others) and they add nothing to the discussion. So no, my post was not way off.
ok. not me. and didn't see it...but ok then, definitely take your word for it...
what I did see is him taking my post about cars and interjecting ***** size, or telling others to eat ****. so, forgive me if it was/is a little hard to jump on the empathy wagon... which is a wagon that I am usually one of the very first to jump on... I take the feedback though, and glad that we have moved onto other things...
Old 02-02-2015, 05:46 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 421 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by fastmd
OT: do you live in Lake Garda Italy now? When I used to live in Zurich Switzerland, my family and I would vacation there. It is fantastic.
Originally Posted by 997s07
This makes no sense. Sorry. I suggest you look up some racing teams that use the Cup and RSR car. See what they describe is in their cars.

Oxygen sensors? These are not related to engines.

Edit: here's an EVO link - http://www.evo.co.uk/porsche/911/12875/2013-porsche-911-gt3-cup-video
the EVO Review looks having no sense

the GT3 Cup has a direct fuel injection engine

Oxygen sensor are related with the way ECU manage the engine same engine =same position of the sensor and Cup follow 9a1 position not Mxx one

GT3 Cup max HP RPMs are 8500 not 7500 so EVO Review is wrong again
Old 02-02-2015, 05:48 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Far be it for me to disagree with you Mike, but not sure that's right (entirely). I took the car out this weekend through some mountain roads and had it in PDK-S manual, and in hard breaking around turns where I was either too lazy or too preoccupied (or both) to downshift, the car did downshift, and I was nowhere near idle (i.e., when you drive in PDK-S manual and stop at a red light, for example).

Having said that, not sure if the downshifts (either in terms of speed or RPM throttle mapping) would've been different had I not been in PDK-S.
ipse, I've never had auto downshifts or upshifts in manual mode (other than when coming to a stop as we discussed) and from my understanding of how manual mode works, all shifts must be initiated by the driver. What you experienced is a mystery to me. It's possible in a very tight switchback the gearbox might downshift to prevent lugging in a tall gear, but I've never experienced that.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:23 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,751 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Originally Posted by 997s07
I agree. There was some silly shooting at destaccado. Good on you for pointing it out.
I apologize if I crossed the line. I don't want anyone's opinions to be squelched, as long as they're not unnecessarily antagonistic. Like others, I took some of his comments that way, but will reboot going forward.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:47 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
Hi.

Snowing and raining and icing here in New York. Someone tell me about their amazing commute this morning in a GT3. Talk dirty to me. Lol
I just finished snow blowing 15" in Saratoga Springs. Car just sits and looks purdy.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:58 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
I apologize if I crossed the line. I don't want anyone's opinions to be squelched, as long as they're not unnecessarily antagonistic. Like others, I took some of his comments that way, but will reboot going forward.
I honestly don't think you were off base in the way you interpreted the exchange in question.....
Old 02-02-2015, 07:07 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts

Nothing to apologise for. You were simply pointing out forum etiquette and norms of behaviour.

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
I honestly don't think you were off base in the way you interpreted the exchange in question.....
+1
Old 02-02-2015, 07:17 PM
mjg
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz

Oxygen sensor are related with the way ECU manage the engine same engine =same position of the sensor and Cup follow 9a1 position not Mxx one

It's not DFI. Look at the official specs on Porsche's website.

EVO listed the peak power RPMs, not the maximum RPMs. Peak power is at 7500rpm. Or is Porsche wrong too?

Max. power: 338 kW (460 hp) at 7,500 rpm
Max. rpm: 8,500 rpm
Sequential multi-point fuel injection

Keep digging.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:27 PM
997s07
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A man apologizes if he thinks he's wrong, a boy does everything else.

It's great that we are so opinionated, this is passion. It got out of hand on both sides. Nevertheless, RL is much more mature than any other English language auto forum and for that I'm grateful to be here.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:34 PM
997s07
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by fxz

I literally don't know what else to say. The article even says "Mezger engine." It's not an "EVO review" either… There are more examples out there, but I'm not doing the work for you.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:55 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,722 Likes on 913 Posts

Hi.

Snowing and raining and icing here in New York. Someone tell me about their amazing commute this morning in a GT3. Talk dirty to me. Lol
Originally Posted by bronson7
Just in from a 4 hour shovelling ordeal. Damn wife she didn't even want to help. 16" of the white stuff. Oh well Costa Rica bound this Friday [no snow there]
Originally Posted by rockitman
I just finished snow blowing 15" in Saratoga Springs. Car just sits and looks purdy.
Man up boys. 42" in Boston past 7 days. Much more in Worcester. 20" today alone where I am on top of the 30" last week.

Originally Posted by fxz
no DFI in the Cup. trust me.
Old 02-03-2015, 12:00 AM
desmo853
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi
I just ran across this post and if I could ask for some advice, I am trying to sell my 2004 GT3 street car but I want to sell it at a fair market value. I've owned it for 3 years. It has 59,400kms. PCCB,As far as I know no track days.Clean title. RS composite wing, fresh fluids,Guard GT diff,newish alternator and battery. Champion rims.18" Michelin Pilot Sports.Black with black leather interior.
Any thoughts?
Thanks
Regards Desmo853
Old 02-03-2015, 01:31 AM
Petevb
Rennlist Member

Received 704 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by desmo853
Hi
I just ran across this post and if I could ask for some advice, I am trying to sell my 2004 GT3 street car but I want to sell it at a fair market value. I've owned it for 3 years. It has 59,400kms. PCCB,As far as I know no track days.Clean title. RS composite wing, fresh fluids,Guard GT diff,newish alternator and battery. Champion rims.18" Michelin Pilot Sports.Black with black leather interior.
Any thoughts?
Thanks
Regards Desmo853
Best to ask this in the 996 GT3 forum. Not as many here track these values closely, and you'll need recent info as they have been going up.
Old 02-03-2015, 01:52 AM
997s07
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by straight-road
Chill..man...just relax. Arent we all "boys"?

Everytime i go to walmart, 7 out of 10 times i check out those racks ( not ****) that have all these toy cars. They actually have quite a selections...not gt3 yet, but lots of gtr. Is gtr a boy racer car? Lol.

Check it out sometimes, and get your juju back...whatever juju means.
I go to Toys R' Us. But no GT3s either.
Old 02-04-2015, 07:35 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi.

Pure **** weather for you here in Austin...car arrives tomorrow and this is what I get to play in for the next 5 days

Quick Reply: GT3 values, and Chris Harris speaks marketplace