Sponsored by:

(New?) Front Lift Error

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 03:44 PM
Gleek48
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default (New?) Front Lift Error

After sitting for a few weeks (with the lift down), I took the GT3 out for a spin today. It was the first time taking it for a run with the newly installed Sharkwerks Bypass on and it sounded great!

I did experience a weird errors and error message while driving over 50 mph where it seemed like the front end was engaging at speed (not sure if it was) and then an error message pops up to say to slow down with the front end lifted. It seemed to go back and forth many times during the drive. I tried restarting the car, but the same issue persisted.

Finally, near the end of my drive, I stopped and manually engaged the lift and then disengaged it and for the last 20 minutes, this error seemed to disappear.

Anyone experience situations like this before? I tried a search, but this seems like a different issue than reported in other threads.

I will also call my dealer next week.

Thanks!
Old 01-25-2015, 03:56 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

I haven't experienced any cycling of the lift while driving. If the car has been parked for a long while, the system will at least partially depressurize, and when you start the engine again the pump will try to re-fill the reservoir. If the door is open when you start, you can get a fault message because the lift won't operate with the door ajar. Close the door and cycle the lift and everything clears.

You were obviously experiencing something different. But cycling the lift seems to be a generic way to clear faults. Hopefully you just had a glitch and it was cleared.
Old 01-25-2015, 04:02 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I didn't get that one but get weird lift error messages often that I have learned to ignore. Speaking of errors and glitches, I got a very weird software glitch yesterday that happened once only. I was in second gear, flipped the right paddle to upshift to third. The transmission went into third and so did the gear indicator on the dash, both for a second or so, only for the car to downshift on its own (I was in manual mode). I would have said maybe I flicked the left lever accidentally (which I didn't) BUT 1-Gear indicator stayed on 3, not 2. 2- Two or three seconds later, the transmission goes into 3rd gear on its own (indicator stays on 3). Couldn't duplicate it.
Old 01-25-2015, 05:15 PM
Shahano
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmm interesting error. Cycling should have done the job for the lift
Old 01-26-2015, 11:54 PM
Gleek48
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys. I will report back if the reset holds the next time I take it out for a spin.

Quick Reply: (New?) Front Lift Error