Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

"Market Adjustment" request for #1 gt4 spot

 
Old 01-23-2015, 07:19 PM
  #1  
CAlexio
Super User
Thread Starter
 
CAlexio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 8,300
Default

Here it is gang, Guess this is what happens when you deal with secondary dealerships..


, I won't name which one BC I don't want to sully reputations, and maybe this particular dealer will have a chance to retract their foolishness... Maybe after they read this.

However, . I just received a msg asking for $20k over MSRP to be #1 on the gt4 list after they just received their allocation. Thoughts on course of action?
CAlexio is offline  
Old 01-23-2015, 07:22 PM
  #2  
ATXGT3
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Sticks
Posts: 1,621
Default

For a Cayman GT4...that's hilarious.

And I bet the same CA dealer (I assume) is telling everyone the same thing...everyone is #1 and the profits stack up.

Would never do business with ANY dealer charging over for a car.
ATXGT3 is offline  
Old 01-23-2015, 07:23 PM
  #3  
neanicu
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
neanicu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ny
Posts: 9,286
Default

Originally Posted by CAlexio View Post
...after they just received their allocation
No dealer received allocations yet!

Called today. Unknown nr of aloc. 9 deposits list. I'm gonna put one just for the heck and see what happens...either way I'm fine...
neanicu is offline  
Old 01-23-2015, 07:25 PM
  #4  
nlpamg
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 622
Default

I thought you weren't getting a GT3 b/c it won't go up your driveway. What makes you think this would make it up? lol.
nlpamg is offline  
Old 01-23-2015, 07:28 PM
  #5  
CAlexio
Super User
Thread Starter
 
CAlexio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 8,300
Default

For context for those who don't know me, I realize I should include info from my past, although my question is a general one and unrelated to my specific situation:

-I passed on a gt3 allocation last year after realizing that it wouldn't be able to get the gt3 (many low sports cars actually) into my garage due to the entrance level difference from my steeply inclined SF street. I'm now anxiously waiting (but cautiously positive) that my neighbor is moving out soon (spring/summer after his next round of funding for his startup hits), as his garage has a flatter easier entrance which allows diagonal entry.. Thereby permitting a sports car spot. I'm now looking at gt4 as European delivery was very important to me.

Irrelevant on how to deal with this dealer.. But included for context.
CAlexio is offline  
Old 01-23-2015, 07:31 PM
  #6  
CAlexio
Super User
Thread Starter
 
CAlexio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 8,300
Default

Originally Posted by nlpamg View Post
I thought you weren't getting a GT3 b/c it won't go up your driveway. What makes you think this would make it up? lol.
Added the followup a bit late but there's your answer. Don't want this thread ab me however.. Interested in how to deal with this California dealership
CAlexio is offline  
Old 01-23-2015, 07:33 PM
  #7  
bronson7
Super User
 
bronson7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 9,843
Default

Originally Posted by CAlexio View Post
Here it is gang, Guess this is what happens when you deal with secondary dealerships..


, I won't name which one BC I don't want to sully reputations, and maybe this particular dealer will have a chance to retract their foolishness... Maybe after they read this.

However, . I just received a msg asking for $20k over MSRP to be #1 on the gt4 list after they just received their allocation. Thoughts on course of action?
Not that they would care, but ask them why they didn't tell you this at the time of getting the #1 slot. After they give you the typical dealer BS, tell them about this forum.
bronson7 is offline  
Old 01-23-2015, 07:34 PM
  #8  
NateOZ
Super User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 3,485
Default

No GT4 allocations have been issued yet, your dealer is full of ****.

Find a new dealer, I can probably help you get an MSRP allocation in the Northeast.
NateOZ is offline  
Old 01-23-2015, 07:35 PM
  #9  
ATXGT3
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Sticks
Posts: 1,621
Default

Originally Posted by CAlexio View Post
For context for those who don't know me, I realize I should include info from my past, although my question is a general one and unrelated to my specific situation:

-I passed on a gt3 allocation last year after realizing that it wouldn't be able to get the gt3 (many low sports cars actually) into my garage due to the entrance level difference from my steeply inclined SF street. I'm now anxiously waiting (but cautiously positive) that my neighbor is moving out soon (spring/summer after his next round of funding for his startup hits), as his garage has a flatter easier entrance which allows diagonal entry.. Thereby permitting a sports car spot. I'm now looking at gt4 as European delivery was very important to me.

Irrelevant on how to deal with this dealer.. But included for context.
My recommendation:

1) Buy a slightly used GT3
2) Buy a RS (that would be worth a slight premium...maybe)
3) Tell that dealer to screw off
4) If you want to go to Europe, there are flights daily...I would not use that as part of my decision process.
ATXGT3 is offline  
Old 01-23-2015, 07:36 PM
  #10  
nlpamg
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 622
Default

Originally Posted by CAlexio View Post
Added the followup a bit late but there's your answer. Don't want this thread ab me however.. Interested in how to deal with this California dealership
I'd tell this dealer to pound sand and look for another dealer... Maybe Glen Fagin can help? lol j/k.
nlpamg is offline  
Old 01-23-2015, 07:42 PM
  #11  
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
 
mooty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: san francisco
Posts: 38,598
Default

not my favorite dealership would it.
see signature
if it is, the u are a fkg moron. he who not listens to mooty gets fkd.
if it's someother dealer like stead Porsche. see above
otherwise u should let us know who it is

and for 10000 anyone can have my gt4 spot

20000, are they insane?
math is known to be the weakness if these sales ppl.....
20000 haha, is that USD or bit coin?

pls do tell which dealer....
mooty is offline  
Old 01-23-2015, 08:11 PM
  #12  
Mike in CA
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Mike in CA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: North Bay Area, CA
Posts: 11,865
Default

Tell him you will be glad to pay MSRP in exchange for not spreading the name of his punk *** dealership all over Rennlist! I wonder who is really #1 on their list, and who are they now trying to screw out of that position by soliciting what amounts to extortion money?

Seriously, I wouldn't do business with that dealer under any circumstances, not would I ever pay over sticker for a car.
Mike in CA is offline  
Old 01-23-2015, 08:17 PM
  #13  
STG
Super User
 
STG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: FL
Posts: 13,516
Default

Originally Posted by Mike in CA View Post
Tell him you will be glad to pay MSRP in exchange for not spreading the name of his punk *** dealership all over Rennlist! I wonder who is really #1 on their list, and who are they now trying to screw out of that position by soliciting what amounts to extortion money? Seriously, I wouldn't do business with that dealer under any circumstances, not would I ever pay over sticker for a car.
Great advice. Love it!
STG is offline  
Old 01-23-2015, 08:24 PM
  #14  
longwoodporsche
User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Longwood FL
Posts: 26
Default

My dealer got 6 allocated today and I made the cut! Can't wait for the details on the car.
longwoodporsche is offline  
Old 01-23-2015, 08:26 PM
  #15  
ExMB
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
ExMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,697
Default

ExMB is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: "Market Adjustment" request for #1 gt4 spot


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: