Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   "Market Adjustment" request for #1 gt4 spot (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-and-911r/855021-market-adjustment-request-for-1-gt4-spot.html)

CAlexio 01-23-2015 07:19 PM

Here it is gang, Guess this is what happens when you deal with secondary dealerships..


, I won't name which one BC I don't want to sully reputations, and maybe this particular dealer will have a chance to retract their foolishness... Maybe after they read this.

However, . I just received a msg asking for $20k over MSRP to be #1 on the gt4 list after they just received their allocation. Thoughts on course of action?

ATXGT3 01-23-2015 07:22 PM

For a Cayman GT4...that's hilarious.

And I bet the same CA dealer (I assume) is telling everyone the same thing...everyone is #1 and the profits stack up.

Would never do business with ANY dealer charging over for a car.

neanicu 01-23-2015 07:23 PM


Originally Posted by CAlexio (Post 11980560)
...after they just received their allocation

No dealer received allocations yet!

Called today. Unknown nr of aloc. 9 deposits list. I'm gonna put one just for the heck and see what happens...either way I'm fine...

nlpamg 01-23-2015 07:25 PM

I thought you weren't getting a GT3 b/c it won't go up your driveway. What makes you think this would make it up? lol.

CAlexio 01-23-2015 07:28 PM

For context for those who don't know me, I realize I should include info from my past, although my question is a general one and unrelated to my specific situation:

-I passed on a gt3 allocation last year after realizing that it wouldn't be able to get the gt3 (many low sports cars actually) into my garage due to the entrance level difference from my steeply inclined SF street. I'm now anxiously waiting (but cautiously positive) that my neighbor is moving out soon (spring/summer after his next round of funding for his startup hits), as his garage has a flatter easier entrance which allows diagonal entry.. Thereby permitting a sports car spot. I'm now looking at gt4 as European delivery was very important to me.

Irrelevant on how to deal with this dealer.. But included for context.

CAlexio 01-23-2015 07:31 PM


Originally Posted by nlpamg (Post 11980572)
I thought you weren't getting a GT3 b/c it won't go up your driveway. What makes you think this would make it up? lol.

Added the followup a bit late but there's your answer. Don't want this thread ab me however.. Interested in how to deal with this California dealership

bronson7 01-23-2015 07:33 PM


Originally Posted by CAlexio (Post 11980560)
Here it is gang, Guess this is what happens when you deal with secondary dealerships..


, I won't name which one BC I don't want to sully reputations, and maybe this particular dealer will have a chance to retract their foolishness... Maybe after they read this.

However, . I just received a msg asking for $20k over MSRP to be #1 on the gt4 list after they just received their allocation. Thoughts on course of action?

Not that they would care, but ask them why they didn't tell you this at the time of getting the #1 slot. After they give you the typical dealer BS, tell them about this forum.

NateOZ 01-23-2015 07:34 PM

No GT4 allocations have been issued yet, your dealer is full of ****.

Find a new dealer, I can probably help you get an MSRP allocation in the Northeast.

ATXGT3 01-23-2015 07:35 PM


Originally Posted by CAlexio (Post 11980578)
For context for those who don't know me, I realize I should include info from my past, although my question is a general one and unrelated to my specific situation:

-I passed on a gt3 allocation last year after realizing that it wouldn't be able to get the gt3 (many low sports cars actually) into my garage due to the entrance level difference from my steeply inclined SF street. I'm now anxiously waiting (but cautiously positive) that my neighbor is moving out soon (spring/summer after his next round of funding for his startup hits), as his garage has a flatter easier entrance which allows diagonal entry.. Thereby permitting a sports car spot. I'm now looking at gt4 as European delivery was very important to me.

Irrelevant on how to deal with this dealer.. But included for context.

My recommendation:

1) Buy a slightly used GT3
2) Buy a RS (that would be worth a slight premium...maybe)
3) Tell that dealer to screw off
4) If you want to go to Europe, there are flights daily...I would not use that as part of my decision process.

nlpamg 01-23-2015 07:36 PM


Originally Posted by CAlexio (Post 11980585)
Added the followup a bit late but there's your answer. Don't want this thread ab me however.. Interested in how to deal with this California dealership

I'd tell this dealer to pound sand and look for another dealer... Maybe Glen Fagin can help? lol j/k.

mooty 01-23-2015 07:42 PM

not my favorite dealership would it.
see signature
if it is, the u are a fkg moron. he who not listens to mooty gets fkd.
if it's someother dealer like stead Porsche. see above
otherwise u should let us know who it is

and for 10000 anyone can have my gt4 spot :)

20000, are they insane?
math is known to be the weakness if these sales ppl.....
20000 haha, is that USD or bit coin?

pls do tell which dealer....

Mike in CA 01-23-2015 08:11 PM

Tell him you will be glad to pay MSRP in exchange for not spreading the name of his punk ass dealership all over Rennlist! I wonder who is really #1 on their list, and who are they now trying to screw out of that position by soliciting what amounts to extortion money?

Seriously, I wouldn't do business with that dealer under any circumstances, not would I ever pay over sticker for a car.

STG 01-23-2015 08:17 PM


Originally Posted by Mike in CA (Post 11980684)
Tell him you will be glad to pay MSRP in exchange for not spreading the name of his punk ass dealership all over Rennlist! I wonder who is really #1 on their list, and who are they now trying to screw out of that position by soliciting what amounts to extortion money? Seriously, I wouldn't do business with that dealer under any circumstances, not would I ever pay over sticker for a car.

Great advice. Love it!

longwoodporsche 01-23-2015 08:24 PM

My dealer got 6 allocated today and I made the cut! Can't wait for the details on the car.

ExMB 01-23-2015 08:26 PM

And here is another one OVER

https://rennlist.com/forums/987-981-...l#post11978745


All times are GMT -3. The time now is 02:22 PM.


© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands