Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   "Market Adjustment" request for #1 gt4 spot (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/855021-market-adjustment-request-for-1-gt4-spot.html)

CAlexio 01-25-2015 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by ATXGT3 (Post 11986100)
Sure, dealers can ask for $50k over or $5k under. But ultimately it's OUR choice where we buy from. If a dealer decides to mark up from MSRP, it's our right (capitalist society) to find another dealer that won't abuse us. AND guess who's going to get the repeat business--that is what these stealers are missing. If ALL dealers were asking OVER then that's a different story, but they aren't.

Exactly.. No one is questioning their right to do so, just their good sense

mooty 01-25-2015 10:56 PM

^ I don't ask for discount
I pay MSRP
what pisses me off is Carlsen told me its MSRP and wanted a or noun after the car arrives

that's one

two. I called pc a and got a call. they Carlsen lied that they got me a car. I called pc a again and was told it's my car bit csrlsens cars

most recently they did ey same to nother close friend of mine.

I been around a Long time. I buy a LOT of cars. I send them a LOT of customers. I sell cars back to them in pristine condition so they make another roomd of profit.

I also shove money under the table for the sales guy. should I go on??
I will crash the RLS server. some dealers are just fkd up and they know,who they are. there is no need to defend those dealers.

yes my blood boils when this topic comes up.

Mech33 01-25-2015 11:19 PM

That sucks. Throughout all of that, did Carlsen ever give you a commission number printout of the car w/ the options that showed your name as the customer at the top? Or was it all verbal discussion? Now you have me nervous about other dealers... what stops them from doing this to anybody?

Originally Posted by mooty (Post 11986114)
^ I don't ask for discount
I pay MSRP
what pisses me off is Carlsen told me its MSRP and wanted a or noun after the car arrives

that's one

two. I called pc a and got a call. they Carlsen lied that they got me a car. I called pc a again and was told it's my car bit csrlsens cars

most recently they did ey same to nother close friend of mine.

I been around a Long time. I buy a LOT of cars. I send them a LOT of customers. I sell cars back to them in pristine condition so they make another roomd of profit.

I also shove money under the table for the sales guy. should I go on??
I will crash the RLS server. some dealers are just fkd up and they know,who they are. there is no need to defend those dealers.

yes my blood boils when this topic comes up.

mooty 01-25-2015 11:23 PM

if I have to sign a contract for a 200000 car, then I rather not do business with u.
if I don't trust u, I don't work with u.
we have multi million deal in my work with just with my word. I'm old school.
so I don't trust them now.

hfm 01-26-2015 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by mooty (Post 11986191)
if I have to sign a contract for a 200000 car, then I rather not do business with u.

Buying my GT3 was the first time I drafted a pre-purchase agreement for a car pricing it at MSRP with deposit as consideration and dealer taking deposit as acceptance. I leave "trust" out of the equation by drafting an enforceable contract. The dealer gets MSRP and so do I, by contract, and there is no negotiation at time of delivery. If they don't agree to contract, they don't get my deposit and they likely never would have agreed to MSRP later so I don't waste my time or the use of my deposit.

Win win.

Dan (contacts all large transactions and, knows, that is very, very old school)

mooty 01-26-2015 01:07 AM

^ let say they screw u
are u planning to take them to court?
how much court amd lawyer fee would u tolerate?
time sink?

it's a simple transition, not a multi step hedged business deal. those involved clearly knew what was agreed to. if one has no honor, then that is that. his name is cheaoer than 200000$ .....

that's not how I operate.

silverrules 01-26-2015 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by mooty (Post 11986191)

I am buying my next car from Mooty.

hfm 01-26-2015 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by mooty (Post 11986429)
^ let say they screw u
are u planning to take them to court?
how much court amd lawyer fee would u tolerate?
time sink?

it's a simple transition, not a multi step hedged business deal. those involved clearly knew what was agreed to. if one has no honor, then that is that. his name is cheaoer than 200000$ .....

Some times it's not cost-effective to litigate. That is a factor to consider along with costs and time. Attorney fees or liquidated damages for breach can also be contracted. Mine was a simple contract sent via email that I requested the SA read very carefully. I told him not to run my credit card for the deposit unless he read, understood and was authorized to do so after reading the terms because his doing so, per the email, constituted an acceptance.

Mooty, if I had to litigate, because I was being screwed, yes, I may have. Or, I may have let it slide at my option. If they breached, I had a legal recourse. I wouldn't have to just stew about it and just complain about it on a forum, although, I probably would have done that too. I could, if I wanted to, screw them back and, that is far more gratifying than taking it.

That said, I'm not saying your method is wrong. Having trust and faith in business relations is important. But, if you've been around as long as I have, and have had 20+ year old friends screw you, you know that trust is a rare commodity, something you're never going to have speaking with some dealer or sales agent for a half hour. I don't leave business to trust anymore, and, that's how I operate.

Dan (doesn't bend over)

gago1101 01-26-2015 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by mooty (Post 11986429)

I had bought a car from Carlsen in the past and decided to give them a call when I was shopping around recently for a GT3. They were so matter of fact that there were no cars available, but if I payed 20K over they might be able to find something. That was the end of my dealings with Carlsen. I am getting my car for MSRP from SoCal.

997s07 01-26-2015 01:51 AM

I'm not 40 yet, but I've learned one thing in the financial business: honor and trust make a lot more money than anything else.

In our work, one deal can make your retirement, so people screw others a lot. But those who have honor, real honor, create generational wealth.

CAlexio 01-26-2015 10:25 AM

This thread is getting interesting... Not least BC now we know Dan... "Doesn't bend over"

But joking aside, the question of whether trust can actually increase the value/speed/fluidity of a transaction or decrease it is worth exploring. Some would say that in today's world trust is dead, and they turn to a lawyer before even shaking a hand. But maybe that interpersonal trust is not dead, and it is more valuable than ever?

ipse dixit 01-26-2015 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by CAlexio (Post 11986907)
This thread is getting interesting... Not least BC now we know Dan... "Doesn't bend over"

But joking aside, the question of whether trust can actually increase the value/speed/fluidity of a transaction or decrease it is worth exploring. Some would say that in today's world trust is dead, and they turn to a lawyer before even shaking a hand. But maybe that interpersonal trust is not dead, and it is more valuable than ever?

As this thread has shown, there's little reason to rely on trust, alone, when buying high-end, (somewhat) limited production cars.

I forget who said it first but, as the saying goes, "trust but verify".

997s07 01-26-2015 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by ipse dixit (Post 11986931)

I forget who said it first but, as the saying goes, "trust but verify".

Ronald Reagan

ipse dixit 01-26-2015 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by 997s07 (Post 11987080)
Ronald Reagan

No, someone told him about it. Some Russian person I think.

997s07 01-26-2015 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by ipse dixit (Post 11987320)
No, someone told him about it. Some Russian person I think.

Oh. Always thought it was Reagan.